Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

MegaMeet '18

RAYDEO

• Admin
6 minutes ago, 1randomkiwi said:

1 question which I'm sure a few people will ask.
How to we check to see if we are still a subscribed member? I think mine might be up?

Youre ok for now. if you want me to i can look into when it expires... you should get an email though when its renewal time. its all automated now days.

27021309_10155538526913495_6029849386398

• Like 1

• Admin
Just now, Aurai said:

I'd love to attend this but my track car isnt a Subaru.... Would some Rotary competition be welcome on track? :D

something something assuming I fix it in time :/

ofcourse!

youre still a member on CS. the more the merrier!

• Like 4

• Admin
1 hour ago, ReillyRza said:

Never been on track before but would love to. What are the requirements in the way of car specs and licensing?

What about helmets fire extinguisher etc.

What type of car can I bring?
You can bring any type of car. All cars must be either road-legal (with current WOF ) or a race car capable of passing motorsport scrutineering.
We get a real mix at most days - anything from MX5's to Ferrari's
Please note: All soft top cars MUST have adequate roll protection

We have a group called Playday Prestige for exotic & expensive cars limited to 10 -12 cars. This qualifies for trackday cover if you are insured with Prestigio.

What equipment do I need to bring if I am going out on the track ? 

• 100% Cotton or fire proof overalls (please ensure they are oil/grease & paint free)
  • A crash helmet in good condition
  • Shoes (not sandals or jandals)
  • Drivers license

We also recommend cotton shirt, underclothes and socks (for fire safety).

Source: http://www.playdayontrack.co.nz/faqs.html

• Like 3

• Admin
2 hours ago, sh76 said:

Will I get laughed off the track with a stock auto Legacy GT wagon?? :D :$

11 minutes ago, RAYDEO said:

The opposite, this is what you should be taking to a trackday... make it happen!!!

I’ll be there in mine, having never done a track day and spending most of the time driving like a nana I doubt i’ll be setting any rapid times so you’ve got nothing to worry about. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sh76 said:

Will I get laughed off the track with a stock auto Legacy GT wagon?? :D :$

Nah the guy with the fast car and big mouth that can't drive is usually the only one that gets laughed off the track.

learn what your daily can do and its limits. If your not fast just indicate and move over a little so they can pass.

you won't have any more fun in a fast car than a slow one.

tui brewery is really good.

manifield is pretty simple and wide so great first track.

no way it can't be fun.

overalls from places like alsco are cheap as are long cotton or woolen socks. Helmet is the biggest cost.

just do it!

• Like 2

Depends on what this is classed as a basic or advanced club sport event.

leather shoes may be required either way and overalls/socks must have the 100% cotton label attached.

never seen socks with labels attached so guess nomex socks at $40-55 a pair. But they last years so no big deal, just don't use them as street wear with jandals.

Close fitting cuffs is the only thing that ever causes issues on the day.

I'm sure play day will have this all cleared up, its 2 months until the change over.

For those who like fine print and not googling, official amendment PDF below...

https://www.motorsport.org.nz/sites/default/files/motorsport/manual/amendments/35100 Sch A Clothing Amendment.pdf

Edited by Gripless
Cos types bad

Only $20 for 12 months subscription? Count me in! However, is PayPal the only payment option? I haven't used PayPal since 2005 and I keep getting "Sorry, we can't add this card. Please try adding a different card to your account" when I try to update my PayPal account, so frankly I'm giving up on PayPal. I can do bank transfer instead if that works.

Anyway, as someone who registered on the forums 3 years ago (daaamn), attended one meet-up in Auckland, then moved to Wellington and completely fell off the face of the earth I'd love to get more involved with the Club, especially since I bought a new car recently. This mega meet sounds like a pretty sweet way of getting back into the "car club" scene as I was a long time member and one of the admins of SNZ back in the day, and miss hanging out with fellow petrolheads!

I'll try and get a 12 month subscription to begin with, then see whether or not it is feasible to attend the actual meet later, so if anyone can help me get past the PayPal issue for a subscription, that would be awesome.

• Like 5

• Admin
21 minutes ago, Thr33Swords said:

Only $20 for 12 months subscription? Count me in! However, is PayPal the only payment option? I haven't used PayPal since 2005 and I keep getting "Sorry, we can't add this card. Please try adding a different card to your account" when I try to update my PayPal account, so frankly I'm giving up on PayPal. I can do bank transfer instead if that works.

Anyway, as someone who registered on the forums 3 years ago (daaamn), attended one meet-up in Auckland, then moved to Wellington and completely fell off the face of the earth I'd love to get more involved with the Club, especially since I bought a new car recently. This mega meet sounds like a pretty sweet way of getting back into the "car club" scene as I was a long time member and one of the admins of SNZ back in the day, and miss hanging out with fellow petrolheads!

I'll try and get a 12 month subscription to begin with, then see whether or not it is feasible to attend the actual meet later, so if anyone can help me get past the PayPal issue for a subscription, that would be awesome.

You shouldn't need to log into PayPal to pay.

However yes you can pay directly to our account. Just makes book keeping a little more interesting.

ClubSUB

38-9004-0536583-00

I'm also pretty sure that a track day under plays at is not a MSNZ event. There for no need to follow the official rule book and these changes wont effect us. The main reason we use them is so we don't need public liability or event insurance.

I will clarify this with plays day.

5 minutes ago, THUNDA said:

Count me in, just paid for the lot

Had me at 10cent lunch :P 

Will try get a couple of buddies to come with me

Where are you guys staying? Looks like ill be doing abit of bookabatch searching :) 

Cool man. Just make sure anyone coming with you has registered on our store as you have done.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RAYDEO said:

You shouldn't need to log into PayPal to pay.

However yes you can pay directly to our account. Just makes book keeping a little more interesting.

ClubSUB

38-9004-0536583-00

Yeah I have previously managed to use PayPal as a guest, but either I am blind this time around, or the option wasn't there haha. I have deposited $20 into the account. I used 12mth-sub and my forum username as the reference, so hopefully it helps rather than hinders the book keeping :P

Thanks!

• Like 1

• Admin

Dooo  ittttt!!!

Last time there was a magameet in palmy was 2010 and I came up from invercargill. Best descission ever.

You'll regret it if you don't come... even if you fly up and catch a ride with someone else. it will be awesome

• Like 1

• RAYDEO featured this topic
  • RAYDEO unpinned this topic