Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

1999 Subaru Impreza SRX Bonnet Switch

subi-kan

Hey all. I'm new to the forum so please don't bite my head off if this isn't the place to post this content. :) I had a question regarding my 99' Impreza SRX (non-turbo). Is it possible to switch a SRX bonnet (no scoop) for say, a WRX bonnet with a scoop? Or does a car have to have turbo for a scoop? I have found the same Impreza colour (Gun Metal Grey) scoop bonnet on Trade Me and was wondering if I could even attempt to switch that with mine. 

Also, the bonnet I have seen on Trade Me is currently sitting on a hatchback. Would that effect fitting if my body model is a sedan? 

Thank you in advance for any questions answered :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YoungOne said:

No shouldn't do anything, one thing to note is the STI bonnets are alloy and considerably lighter than WRX ones. 

Thanks for that! Noted. Is that your car in your display photo? I have the same colour and body shape. I want my bonnet to look similar to that :)

Edited by subi-kan

• General Member

only downside tbh is stealbility as in people like to steal Turbo Subaru's!

long time member here @Shale made their SRX into a v6 sti Lookalike & yup got stolen (and recovered in good condition thankfully)

true story

/this is why we cant have nice things LOL

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Joker said:

only downside tbh is stealbility as in people like to steal Turbo Subaru's!

long time member here @Shale made their SRX into a v6 sti Lookalike & yup got stolen (and recovered in good condition thankfully)

true story

/this is why we cant have nice things LOL

Very true. Will have to think about that point as well. :) All good things come with a cost I guess. Could always just chain a guard dog to the car when i'm away from it.. ;) hahaha. Thanks for the comment bro, appreciate the input! :D

3 hours ago, Joker said:

one of the more popular instagram pages I follow as ClubSUB is a non turbo Auto WRX being dressed up too : I'll see if i can find link

nothing wrong with it either

Haha not bad at all. Gotta admire the commitment :D 

1 hour ago, dubbedup said:

I have the opposite :D put a non turbo bonnet on my wrx. 

Nice bro! :) how are you finding it? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pedro said:

He is still finding it where he left it..:D

lol pedro!!

it is definitely heavier than the factory wrx or sti version. but I much prefer the stealthed up look, nothing like blowing something away that thought you were a n/a haha. :)

• Like 2