Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Suspension bushes

The later sti 09+ have that mount changed to something similar to the Motorsport whiteline.

The Motorsport whiteline ones are a good upgrade over stock ones.

Steering is far more direct and if you get the steering bushes as well you'll feel every bump and tiny stone in the road.

The steering wheel feedback isn't uncomfortable but it does vibrate slightly with the road surface, so you can feel the grip level constantly.

All the slop and dead zone is removed from the wheel as well so input required to turn is less.

they also remove the damping of the factory bush trying to stay level so the arm moves more freely.

while the stock bushes may look ok on the car, if you unbolt the arm and put a big screw drive through the bolt hole and leaver it you'll most likely see some serious cracking.

Edited by Gripless
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gripless said:

while the stock bushes may look ok on the car, if you unbolt the arm and put a big screw drive through the bolt hole and leaver it you'll most likely see some serious cracking.

My stock bushes do have a lot of cracking, but doesn't necessarily mean that they are done from what I've read and heard.

Anyway, I might change to whiteline bushings in a few months, thanks for the feedback

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, delta said:

My stock bushes do have a lot of cracking, but doesn't necessarily mean that they are done from what I've read and heard.

Anyway, I might change to whiteline bushings in a few months, thanks for the feedback

They still work even cracked but they don't hold alignment over bumps etc.

going over bumps sounds way louder but not really any more road noise etc.

that pitch stop rod is the only thing that's louder than the exhaust.

Hmm, so I'm tossing up between $75 for OEM FCA rear bushings from Partsouq (delivered - is it cheaper locally?), or about $180 for the Whiteline KCA334 kit.

Pretty piss poor at the moment, wondering if that extra $100 is worth it??

7 hours ago, DuCKy! said:

Hmm, so I'm tossing up between $75 for OEM FCA rear bushings from Partsouq (delivered - is it cheaper locally?), or about $180 for the Whiteline KCA334 kit.

Pretty piss poor at the moment, wondering if that extra $100 is worth it??

Doubt it will be cheaper locally. You can get 2x OEM bushes 20204AG011 from amayama.com for as little as $56 if you don't mind waiting a few weeks for shipping.