Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Hey Fellas 

so still pretty new new to the subi scene with my first subi being a 02 BE5 REV D Legacy Twin Turbo. So the problem I’ve got is I want to get a bit more power out of it especially in the mid rev range where boost drops off. 

First off I’m trying to find a zerosports sequential controller as I’ve found that it will fix my problem but I’ve also herd there are some electronic Boost controllers out there where you can set the boost through certain rev ranges. I just have no idea which EBC’s do that and or what EBC will be the best for my car. 

So so just looking to see what other B4 TT owners have done mod wise to gain more power or help with the boost ranges.

thanks  guys look forward to some reply’s 

• Admin

Z/S Controller apparently won't help much on the rev Ds - but in saying that i'm low key after one as well (got a BH5 rev D).

I've done the hose 10 and hose 1 mods - seemed to make a small difference to change over, and have also change the pipes under the I/C to silicone - gives a bit more flow.

You're not going to get much power out of a TT setup, if you want power, single turbo convert it. Because you have a rev D its tuneable - i'm considering getting a tune for mine at some point. Not sure what it'll give me.

The best performance change you can make to it (other than handling) is to learn how to drive with the two turbos. Learn when the change over happens and how to drive around it. Want to fang it? run the second turbo out, then change. Otherwise your gonna shift into the VOD and loose all boost. It takes a bit, but once you've figured it out, its pretty fun and suprisingly quick

I had the car in at PBMS recently as someone beige me had been playing with the vac lines and so the car was only boosting 5-6 psi after a week they figured it out and got it back too 12psi as for the tuning side they tried to tune it but were unsuccessful as it didn’t seem to be tunable like they also thought so they were going to speak to their European software suppliers for there tuning programme and try get the codes etc to be able to do it.

As for driving with the two tribal ive been slowly figuring that out and I’ve managed to work out how to not loose the boost around the mid range and running it out. I’ve got a FMIC kit now to go on it so I’ll see what Improvments that makes and Ive found a possible EBC that is for subi’s and may also help so will try few things out and see what happens. But still going to hunt for a Z/S controller and If I manage to find one hopefully I can make something work. 

I also read somewhere that you can take hose one off at the BBOD and insert a 0.8m pill and it apparently helps a lil with the change over.