40mm TurboSmart Wastegate

Mac 3port Boost Solenoid

DW200 Fuel Pump

3'' Turbo Back

Stock Intake silencer Delete

GFB Respons Blow off

21psi.

Around 210 kw atw

So, what I am wondering is where to next?

Looking at turbos Td0520g would be a good start, or should I jump into something like a td06sl2

I'm also still on the stock top mount, probably about time to go front mount?

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

Thanks have a good night :)

P.S I like Uelh, I don't really want to go down the road of eqlh

Edited by Saleti
  • Like 1

Td05 would be a good start you're not wrong haha, depends what you want to use the car for, what your budget is and what is controlling the engine, E85 is kinda magic if you want to go down that route 

EDIT: @Gripless Beat me to it

Edited by YoungOne
  • Like 1

At the moment she's my daily but that isn't an issue can sort a daily out,

I'm looking for somewhere 250-260 kw region,

Budget would be somewhere around 5-6k, not looking to do immediately or all at once.. Just gauging my options

Thanks

Edited by Saleti

28 minutes ago, Saleti said:

Budget would be somewhere around 5-6k, not looking to do immediately or all at once.. Just gauging my options

Thanks

TD05 would be a solid option unless you stumble across a used rotated set up or something, there's a good recent conversation on Tomo'sGRB build thread about turbo options you might want to check out

2 hours ago, Saleti said:

Ok Thanks, 

How reliable is E85 and the $$$ of conversion? 

Reliable?

E85 is no good for a road car due to availability and cost. You would need a flex fuel setup so you could still run regular fuel.

You will probably need a bigger fuel pump and injectors... plus a sensor to detect the fuel/e85 mixture and an appropriate 

input into the ecu to allow it to adjust the tune on the fly.

• Like 1

• Admin
14 hours ago, Saleti said:

Thanks

I have a twisted turbo setup for sale, made 268wkw on my car with a top-mount intercooler.

Would probably do it for $1700 with the wastegate.

• Like 2

with the e85 side of things you'll def want to get flex fuel sensor so that at any moment there can be different mixtures of e85 / unleaded 98 and it'll auto adjust to run fine. get this sorted before your tune so you only have to do it once. not sure what area you're in but make sure your local tuner is comfortable to perform this tune on carberry rom on your stock ecu otherwise you need to travel bit further to find someone who is comfortable with that, or get the tuners ecu of choice which means factoring in more $$

for that aimed power level you're definitely gonna need bigger injectors. id 1050x for 98 and potentially id1300s for e85 (check with your tuner what he recommends, i'm not sure the limit of id1050 but it seemed to run just fine for me at 240ish wkw on 98 with plenty duty cycle left)

yes go top mount for sure. i got an hdi kit which fit in quite well, allowed me to keep the stock fog lights not that i really use them but i just like the way they look lol. more importantly it's of pretty high quality with super efficient core. you will have much less worries about heat soak when you start pushing high boost etc. with front mount also.

td05 will acheive your power but you should really consider the more modern turbo ranges. i know theres a bit of a price difference but modern turbochargers with their advanced technology will deliver better power levels more efficiently and more importantly the boost curve will be more sexier (as in you won't have near as much lag during daily driving scenarios)

you will need to change to an ethanol compatible fuel pump

depending on how much boost you will run, you may need new map sensor but check with your tuner. shouldnt need new maf sensor since will probably run speed density but again best said by the person tuning it.

recommend you to check some of the 'optional' mods also when you start pushing higher power levels, such as : oil cooler, oil catch can, split fuel rails

shopping list :

• turbo
  • injectors
  • flex fuel sensor
  • fuel pump
  • ethanol compatible fuel lines to replace the factory rubber stuff. if you already have replaced with fuel lines make sure they are ethanol compatible
  • front mount kit w/piping
  • labour to install above
  • maybe map & maf sensors

• Like 3

imo, I wouldn't waste money on a td05/06 for 20-30wkw gains. 

Budget for a EFR Borgwarner they are the absolutely tits. There is simply nothing better at this current time. 

800-1200cc injectors

Link g4 

Flex fuel +85

Although worth noting on a stock block pushing past where you are at now is risky imo. Wouldn't wanna go much higher than 230-240. People have/do , but longevity becomes a thing. 

• Like 1

I make 300wkw on decapped pink injectors (~850cc) with e40. If my mix goes above e40 the ecu reduces power.

A Flex fuel sensor is about $100-150 if you buy the unbranded Continental sensor (GM).

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, boon said:

I have a twisted turbo setup for sale, made 268wkw on my car with a top-mount intercooler.

Would probably do it for $1700 with the wastegate.

Thank you for the offer! However, I don't really want to rush into thing and am just gauging my options.

Really appreciate it :)

1 hour ago, Batbaruman said:

with the e85 side of things you'll def want to get flex fuel sensor so that at any moment there can be different mixtures of e85 / unleaded 98 and it'll auto adjust to run fine. get this sorted before your tune so you only have to do it once. not sure what area you're in but make sure your local tuner is comfortable to perform this tune on carberry rom on your stock ecu otherwise you need to travel bit further to find someone who is comfortable with that, or get the tuners ecu of choice which means factoring in more $$

for that aimed power level you're definitely gonna need bigger injectors. id 1050x for 98 and potentially id1300s for e85 (check with your tuner what he recommends, i'm not sure the limit of id1050 but it seemed to run just fine for me at 240ish wkw on 98 with plenty duty cycle left)

yes go top mount for sure. i got an hdi kit which fit in quite well, allowed me to keep the stock fog lights not that i really use them but i just like the way they look lol. more importantly it's of pretty high quality with super efficient core. you will have much less worries about heat soak when you start pushing high boost etc. with front mount also.

td05 will acheive your power but you should really consider the more modern turbo ranges. i know theres a bit of a price difference but modern turbochargers with their advanced technology will deliver better power levels more efficiently and more importantly the boost curve will be more sexier (as in you won't have near as much lag during daily driving scenarios)

you will need to change to an ethanol compatible fuel pump

depending on how much boost you will run, you may need new map sensor but check with your tuner. shouldnt need new maf sensor since will probably run speed density but again best said by the person tuning it.

recommend you to check some of the 'optional' mods also when you start pushing higher power levels, such as : oil cooler, oil catch can, split fuel rails

shopping list :

• turbo
  • injectors
  • flex fuel sensor
  • fuel pump
  • ethanol compatible fuel lines to replace the factory rubber stuff. if you already have replaced with fuel lines make sure they are ethanol compatible
  • front mount kit w/piping
  • labour to install above
  • maybe map & maf sensors

Wow, that was really comprehensive, thank you I'll definitely consider those options, 

I'm located in Auckland, do you have any recommendations for tuners?

Thanks to everyone else, really appreciate it :)  

If you're looking for 260kw you'll be able to get more than enough out of decapped injectors on 98 (currently running them balanced to 800cc at over 300kw). Aftermarket units on a 5k budget will chew into your $$$ a lot and as @Batbaruman said there's a lot of supporting items that would be good to have

If you are looking at stock location turbos there's some pretty pricy ones out there that don't seem to make good number's for the $$$, the Tomei units in particular seem to be average despite the great looks when considering they're often as expensive as a full on EFR turbo. Blouch might be worth looking at

Edited by YoungOne

I only have 800cc injectors and running over 300kw rich as, no problem.. that's with bp98.

Definitely will go to e85 at some point, but not power limited at the moment... courage limited.

Edited by Loren
  • Like 2

• Admin
13 hours ago, slystiguy said:

Although worth noting on a stock block pushing past where you are at now is risky imo. Wouldn't wanna go much higher than 230-240. People have/do , but longevity becomes a thing. 

V7 STI block is a bit tougher. I drove mine for 3 years at 268 and it's still happy as, gonna be pushing for more soon too.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Saleti said:

Wow, that was really comprehensive, thank you I'll definitely consider those options, 

I'm located in Auckland, do you have any recommendations for tuners?

Thanks to everyone else, really appreciate it :)  

no worries mate, have been on quite a journey with mine and it's by no means over yet. just giving out what i've learnt so far, i did go overkill on somethings and cheaped out in other areas so yeah just sharing that to keep people making the same mistakes lol. lots of good info coming out here which i'm also taking note of for myself - great to see that other people are stating they make higher power on quite easily so for my situation it means i shouldn't have to upgrade my id1050 injectors when i eventually upgrade turbo and switch to flex fuel for e85 tune.

tune wise you will get plenty of different answers and it's worth finding the one you think best suits your requirement. i'm also in Auckland. personally i went with clubsub sponsor @PBMS (Possum Bourne Motorsport) who are based in Pukekohe. i liked their approach and Julian handled my 100s of annoying queries (i am naturally an overthinker lol) with a lot of patience. it's a bit far away but they keep it real and try focus more on delivering what you want while keeping it safe for road use (and legal) rather than inflating the dyno numbers one way or the other or bulshitting you about power/economy expectations. i don't exactly nana my car, only gets driven on the weekend so though it hasn't driven far since the tune last year (5000kms), they're all very hard k's and it hasn't blown up yet which is a testament to both Ajay that worked on helping sort everything out/help me with maintenance at ( @Subirex Automotive) and the tuner at PBMS.

I believe @THUNDA is dealing with a tuner out west auckland currently so keep an eye on his thread too, which I'm also personally keeping a close eye on.. nothing against my previous tuner but yeah that's 10 mins return drive vs 4hrs return drive+half a tank of petrol for me so naturally curious what someone more local can do

• Like 1

Just a side note about flex fuel... it's a compromise because to get the most out of e85 you would run a much higher static compression ratio... 

so only a trailered car will be able to get the most out of it IMO.

1 hour ago, Pappu1 said:

@Saleti what area u in?

if in auckland or can travel here, we just did a 260kw on a v7 with very minimal mods and still on 98 pump gas...

Hey, 

I'm on the North Shore of Auckland 

which mods did you do it with? 

Thanks 

On 5/5/2018 at 7:08 PM, slystiguy said:

imo, I wouldn't waste money on a td05/06 for 20-30wkw gains. 

Budget for a EFR Borgwarner they are the absolutely tits. There is simply nothing better at this current time. 

800-1200cc injectors

Link g4 

Flex fuel +85

Do you know how the new Garrett G Series compare to the EFR range?

I've just ordered one of these in for a customer of one of my branches at work : G25-660

https://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/turbochargers/g-series-g25-660

31 minutes ago, Saleti said:

Hey, 

I'm on the North Shore of Auckland 

which mods did you do it with? 

Thanks 

exhaust

turbo upgrade

bigger injectors and pump

then tuned it up all on the stock ecu :)

has launch control and antilag for the owner as well for some some show off fun

this was on the stock top mount (we will get a front mount and push it a bit more actually)

Edited by Pappu1
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Pappu1 said:

@Saleti what area u in?

if in auckland or can travel here, we just did a 260kw on a v7 with very minimal mods and still on 98 pump gas...

thats pretty cool, which turbo and more importantly how was the power curve? getting more and more curious about what is the best bang for buck on the v7. i've learned in fairly expensive way that chasing top power is pointless and should be more concerned about the distribution of that power through the rev range.

• Like 1