Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Recalls

[Recalls] Monthly Digest
@recalls.govt.nz
Product Recalls Latest Recall Notifications

Here's your latest recall notifications.

SUBARU OUTBACK, WRX, Model years 2001-2004

The Hazard

July 2004 - Subaru of New Zealand have been advised by Fuji Heavy Industries (FHI, the manufacturer of Subaru vehicles) of a potential safety problem. There is a possibility that the cruise control cable could come out of its track on the cruise control lever and lodge on the control lever tab when the accelerator pedal is released.

If this condition occurs, the throttle will not return to the idle position but may remain in the open position.

What to do

Please contact a Subaru Authorised Dealer to arrange an appointment to have the recall carried out. To locate the nearest Subaru Authorised Dealer please access our website at www.subaru.co.nz and click on “Locate a dealer”. 

Alternatively, call 0800 SUBARU (0800 782278) to contact your local Subaru Authorised Dealer.

SUBARU IMPREZA, LANCASTER, LEGACY, OUTBACK, Model years 1997-1998

The Hazard

July 2004 - Subaru of New Zealand have been advised by Fuji Heavy Industries (FHI, the manufacturer of Subaru vehicles) of a potential safety issue with 1997/98 Subaru Legacy/Impreza where the Drivers Air Bag may deploy when the Air Bag warning lamp is illuminated in the combination meter.

The activation of the Air Bag can be caused by using excessive force when pressing the horn button or by grounding the vehicle body onto the road surface.

What to do

Please contact a Subaru Authorised Dealer to arrange an appointment to have the recall carried out. To locate the nearest Subaru Authorised Dealer please access our website at www.subaru.co.nz and click on “Locate a dealer”. 

Alternatively, call 0800 SUBARU (0800 782278) to contact your local Subaru Authorised Dealer.

SUBARU LEGACY, OUTBACK, Model years 1999-2001

The Hazard

May 2001 - Subaru New Zealand has received advice from Fuji Heavy Industries, the maker of Subaru vehicles, regarding a recall of some Model Year 1999-2001 Legacy and Outback models.

The Japanese recall is due to possible fuel tank cracking and leakage when full. This follows a fault in manufacture where a breather line was left capped.

As a precautionary measure, FHI has undertaken to recall all vehicles within the affected model year range. Fuel tanks will be replaced on any vehicle where the breather line is found to be blocked.

What to do

SUBARU LEGACY, Model years 2005-2009

The Hazard

Subaru of New Zealand wish to advise of a possible safety related issue with your Subaru. We have been advised by Subaru Corporation (the manufacturer of Subaru vehicles) that Model Year (MY) 2005-2009 Japanese used Import Legacy and Outback vehicles equipped with a Takata front passenger airbag SPI inflator with propellant wafers, may have an increased potential for moisture intrusion over time. 

This could make the inflator assembly prone to rupture during airbag deployment, increasing the risk of occupant injury. Because of this, Subaru of New Zealand will conduct a Safety Related Recall on behalf of Subaru Corporation through our nationwide authorised dealer network. The recall will involve replacement of the passenger airbag module in your Subaru. Due to the large number of vehicles requiring the replacement of the Takata Airbag Inflator worldwide (approx 100 million across more than 14 different car brands), there is very limited initial supply of replacement parts. Initially, affected owners will be sent a notification letter informing them of their vehicles involvement in this recall. Once we receive the parts for your vehicle, we will get in contact with a second letter. When you receive the second letter confirming parts are in stock for your vehicle, it will provide information about contacting your local Authorised Subaru Dealer for the recall to be completed.

What to do

Once we receive the parts for your vehicle, we will get in contact with a procedure letter. When you receive the second letter confirming parts are in stock for your vehicle, it will provide information about contacting your local Authorised Subaru Dealer for the recall to be completed. For more information, visit www.subaru.co.nz/takata

SUBARU IMPREZA, Model years 2004-2007

The Hazard

Subaru of New Zealand have been advised by Subaru Corporation (the manufacturer of Subaru vehicles) that Model Year (MY) 2004-2007 Japanese used Import Impreza vehicles equipped with a Takata front passenger airbag SPI inflator with propellant wafers, may have an increased potential for moisture intrusion over time. 

This could make the inflator assembly prone to rupture during airbag deployment, increasing the risk of occupant injury. Because of this Subaru of New Zealand will conduct a Safety Related Recall on behalf of Subaru Corporation through our nationwide authorised dealer network. The recall will involve replacement of the passenger airbag module in your Subaru.

What to do

To assist with ease of future communications, please visit https://www.subaru.co.nz/owners/owners-registration to register your vehicles details. This will enable us to keep you updated via email about the Takata Airbag recall status. Once you have received a letter advising that parts are available, you will need to contact your Authorised Subaru Dealer to arrange an appointment that is mutually acceptable to have the passenger airbag module replacement carried out. This will of course be carried out free of charge. 

For more information, visit www.subaru.co.nz/takata

SUBARU EXIGA, Model years 2010-2012

The Hazard

Subaru of New Zealand have been advised by SUBARU CORPORATION (the manufacturer of Subaru vehicles) that a Subaru Exiga equipped with a Takata front passenger airbag SPI inflator with propellant wafers, may have an increased potential for moisture intrusion over time. 

This could make the inflator assembly prone to rupture during airbag deployment, increasing the risk of occupant injury. For this reason, Subaru of New Zealand will conduct a Safety Related Recall on behalf of SUBARU CORPORATION through our nationwide authorised dealer network.

What to do

Once we receive the parts for your vehicle, we will get in contact with a procedure letter. When you receive the second letter confirming parts are in stock for your vehicle, it will provide information about contacting your local Authorised Subaru Dealer for the recall to be completed. 

For more information, visit www.subaru.co.nz/takata

SUBARU IMPREZA, Model years 2001-2003

The Hazard

May 2012 - Subaru of New Zealand has been advised by FHI (Fuji Heavy Industries, the manufacturer of Subaru vehicles) the possibility that the rear gate gas strut mount may break away from rear gate on 2001-2003-model year Impreza Hatch.

What to do

Please contact a Subaru Authorised Dealer to arrange an appointment to have the recall carried out. 

To locate the nearest Subaru Authorised Dealer please access our website at www.subaru.co.nz and click on Locate a dealer€. Alternatively, call 0800 SUBARU (0800 782278) to contact your local Subaru Authorised Dealer.

SUBARU LEGACY, Model years 2004-2005

The Hazard

October 2005 - Subaru of New Zealand has been advised by FHI (Fuji Heavy Industries, the manufacturer of Subaru vehicles) of a potential safety issue with 2004 and 2005 Legacy and Outback vehicles. 

Under certain conditions, the right hand and or left hand rear door(s) may open whilst the vehicle is in operation. This condition could occur at any time without prior warning. 

Note: This defect could occur even if the central locking system or child lock function has been activated. It is possible that part of the supporting mechanism on the outer rear door handle lever that makes the door operate, could contain a defect that occurred during the manufacturing process. Under some circumstances the lever may not fully return after operation, causing the rear door lock mechanism not to fully function correctly. The door lock defect may be cancelled by vibration during normal vehicle operation however it is possible the rear door(s) could open unexpectedly.

What to do

Please contact a Subaru Authorised Dealer to arrange an appointment to have the recall carried out. 

To locate the nearest Subaru Authorised Dealer please access our website at www.subaru.co.nz and click on Locate a dealer€. Alternatively, call 0800 SUBARU (0800 782278) to contact your local Subaru Authorised Dealer.

SUBARU WRX, LEGACY, FORESTER, Various years 2007-2009

The Hazard

November 2008 - Subaru of New Zealand have been advised by FHI (Fuji Heavy Industries, the Japanese manufacturer of Subaru vehicles) on certain MY07-08 Legacy, MY08 Impreza WRX and MY09 Forester XT models with the 2.5 turbo engine that the turbo charger oil supply pipe may have been misaligned during the assembly process. 

In some circumstances, a misaligned oil pipe could crack causing an engine oil leak leading to the possibility of fire within the engine bay compartment. The turbo charger oil supply line is located on the drivers side of the engine bay. If the pipe is misaligned, vibration experienced during normal driving could result in a crack developing in the pipe over time, causing an engine oil leak. If leaking engine oil contacts other engine components operating at high temperatures, an engine compartment fire could result.

What to do

SUBARU WRX, Model years 2001-2003

The Hazard

Subaru of New Zealand have been advised by FHI (Fuji Heavy Industries, the manufacturer of Subaru vehicles) of a potential safety problem with the AVCS (Active Valve Control System) Oil Flow Control Valve on selected Subaru Impreza 2003 WRX and 2001-2003 STI. 

Subaru New Zealand has been advised that there is a possibility of oil leakage due to insufficient tightening of the bolts that secure the valve cover plates. Oil leakage may affect the operation of the AVCS and the worst case, cold result in an engine fire.

What to do

SUBARU LEGACY, Model year 2004

The Hazard

April 2005 - Subaru of New Zealand have been advised by FHI (Fuji Heavy Industries, the manufacturer of Subaru vehicles) of a possible safety related issue with 2004 Subaru Legacy models where the rear suspension stabiliser bar may move in its mountings and, under extreme conditions make contact with the rear brake hydraulic hose connection. 

In the unlikely event that this should occur there will be no warning and a loss of brake fluid will result in a deterioration of braking performance. Total braking will not be lost, as the remaining diagonal braking circuit will activate however the stopping distance and stability will be adversely affected.

What to do

SUBARU TRIBECA, Model years 2008-2009

The Hazard

December 2008 - Fuji Heavy Industries (the Japanese manufacturer of Subaru vehicles) has advised Subaru of New Zealand that the VDC ‘G’ sensor in model year 2008 – 2009 Subaru Tribeca vehicles may have been installed incorrectly in the wrong direction potentially causing incorrect operation. There is a safety risk, as it is possible for the VDC system to malfunction, causing the vehicle to become unstable which may ultimately lead to a loss of driver control.

What to do

To locate the nearest Subaru Authorised Dealer please access our website at www.subaru.co.nz and click on “Locate a dealer”. Alternatively, call 0800 SUBARU (0800 782278) to contact your local Subaru Authorised Dealer.

• 9 months later...

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.recalls.govt.nz%2Frecall%2Fsubaru-forester-xv-wrx-impreza-various-years-2011-2017%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR0Fol9tOFaImS_NYGId3aUvJMrGKJ_crbYqnRbVNMZOCk79YOhGttp5vtg&h=AT10a7z_3Qcv7_Xnm_2jGo0Ny0qgWr6Y3yzZ7LpK9Hs6KcFXR0UXN4-Tpk5p03BhZ9NFhJKwVP_QrFqreVxiQAAVqqOSFA9PbOL0SXTMMaZ39vAPHRsbO6tyDo5PddkRN0w

SUBARU FORESTER, XV, WRX, IMPREZA, Various years 2011-2017

Date posted 1 Apr 2019

The Hazard

In some Subaru NZ new vehicles silicone gas, introduced into the vehicle through a variety of consumer goods, may seep into the stop light switch housing and lead to the conduction failure. 

This may result in eyesight and VDC warning light to illuminate (while driving), brake light to not illuminate. Engine might not start with push button start system vehicles and the shift lever might not move from 'P' position (AT/CVT vehicles only) (while parking).

What to do

All affected owners will receive a Notification via letter. This will give instructions to visit a Subaru Authorised Dealer. 

Please contact your Subaru Authorised Dealer if you have any questions regarding your vehicles.

Product Identifiers

FORESTER 2014 - 2016, 
XV 2012 - 2017, 
WRX 2011 - 2014 (4 Door), 
IMPREZA 2012 - 2016 (5 Door)

Supplier Contact

Subaru NZ Ltd
EmailVisit their site

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...