Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

V3 STI RA Rocker cover gaskets

• Subscribed Member

Hey all,

So my rocker covers and sump are leaking like crazy. 

I'd like to order some replacements before pulling the motor and doing some maintenance before 4s and Rotors SI Champs.

Now I searched TradeMe for a v3 RA, and crabbed the chassis code, then entered that in partsouq, and it gave me three options for it, linked below:

https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine/unit?c=Subaru&ssd=%24*KwFsWElUDBMMawkrHgxeOTQgAAcZaGdqa3lvch5vGScrHyN4YSsvfG9qaXxzeiolMzduanokICkYISVgN2R9Hxpmb25uMDomfHN6PHxlam80Ozl8JnpjfBp6JwAAAAAmCH8U%24&vid=0&cid=&uid=32280&q=GC8-064733

I'm honestly not too sure which one it'll be? I could pull a cover and confirm, but I'd much rather not. 

I can't just use my Chassis ID, as I just have a BC5 and they're Shim-under-bucket heads that I'm told were from a V3 STI RA.

Any ideas before I give in and pull the covers to confirm?

Cheers!

• Admin

Honestly, just pull a cover and save yourself the hassle of getting it wrong. Even Winger couldn't tell me what gasket I needed when I gave them my plate number so it's easier to just take it in and match it.

• Like 1

• Subscribed Member
On 30/07/2019 at 11:17 AM, RaKid said:

Honestly, just pull a cover and save yourself the hassle of getting it wrong. Even Winger couldn't tell me what gasket I needed when I gave them my plate number so it's easier to just take it in and match it.

So I took your advice and just did that, but instead of pulling the cover, I pulled the whole engine 🤣

It's also leaking from the sump, and the up pipe gasket, so figured easier to clean it all up outside of the car. 

The answer to the question is the first gasket set in that link earlier

So for future reference the gaskets are (pricing from Amayama):
13270AA062 $29.65

13272AA063 $31.77

The bolts are $800706630 $1.46

Bolt washers 13271AA051 $1.36

plug tube gaskets are 132933AA030 $6.03

YLGFOMWl.jpg

On another note, I was amazed at how clean the oil and the heads were in general. 
This motor has maybe 2,000KM on it, but all of those KM were flat out, no break-in period etc.

aQQgEaRl.jpg

• Admin
Just now, Technikhaus said:

So I took your advice and just did that, but instead of pulling the cover, I pulled the whole engine 🤣

It's also leaking from the sump, and the up pipe gasket, so figured easier to clean it all up outside of the car. 

The answer to the question is the first gasket set in that link earlier

So for future reference the gaskets are (pricing from Amayama):
13270AA062 $29.65

13272AA063 $31.77

The bolts are $800706630 $1.46

Bolt washers 13271AA051 $1.36

plug tube gaskets are 132933AA030 $6.03

On another note, I was amazed at how clean the oil and the heads were in general. 
This motor has maybe 2,000KM on it, but all of those KM were flat out, no break-in period etc.

Haha nice one!

I think PBMS do a cork sump gasket - I haven't had mine leak yet so that could be a go.

Genuine gaskets are similar price I believe but the bolts and bolt washers are hugely expensive.

• Subscribed Member
3 minutes ago, RaKid said:

Haha nice one!

I think PBMS do a cork sump gasket - I haven't had mine leak yet so that could be a go.

Genuine gaskets are similar price I believe but the bolts and bolt washers are hugely expensive.

Oh really? Hmm, could be tempting, it's a PBMS baffled sump, not that it really matters. 
Annoyingly one of the bolts has had the head snapped off it when I gave it the tiniest tweak with a 1/4 ratchet the other day, so will need to pull the rest of that out, hopefully it comes out nicely!

Will have a chat to PBMS and see if they have any of the gaskets. 

Yeah, I recall the washers being like $4 each or something the last time I went to get some. 
These were all 3rd party ones, so going genuine this time!

I've just emailed my local dealer and seeing if they have any of the stuff. 
Amayama will be 2+ weeks, so if I can pay a little more and get it from the dealer, then i'll happily do that.

• Subscribed Member

My local dealer got back to me, I'll be ordering the gaskets through them, but not the washers or bolts :)

rocker cover gaskets: $26.45 each

Tube gaskets: $11.90 each 

I'm happy with those, but the washers and bolts:
Bolts: $3.51 each

washers: $7.94 each

I don't really need those two, so will skip them :)

• Admin
50 minutes ago, Technikhaus said:

My local dealer got back to me, I'll be ordering the gaskets through them, but not the washers or bolts :)

rocker cover gaskets: $26.45 each

Tube gaskets: $11.90 each 

I'm happy with those, but the washers and bolts:
Bolts: $3.51 each

washers: $7.94 each

I don't really need those two, so will skip them :)

Nice man - I ordered same bits and skipped the bolts and washers at that price haha.

I have same sump too and it just came with the cork gasket - I'm sure they'd make you one up.