Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Sgt clutch issue

WRX300

Hi guys, was on the forums a long time ago, 2012-2014 ;lost old account details but am back in a Subaru. Just after some advice.

Car: 2007 Subaru Impreza SG-T

I'm having an issue, its nothing major but couldn't find a thread on here about it.

When I press clutch in and also when I release it theres a very annoying squeeky sound. I had a quick look on YouTube and a guy on there sprayed some stuff on the clutch/brake/etc pedal assembly which made noise go away. I'm hoping it isn't a firewall problem, or anything... because the car runs well and I love driving it it's just the squeek that annoys me. If you can send some advice if you have encountered this ptoblem that'd be great?

Thanks

Agree with Andy_Mac. I did this today to my car funnily enough. I only had a squeak when the clutch pedal was released. Being lazy I just carefully sprayed a lubricant on the push-rod going through the firewall. Is your noise from inside the car or outside in the engine bay? Should help isolate the culprit...

• Like 1

Noise/squeek is louder inside car. Can also hear it outside but it's all good. Have decided to just leave it as it is for now until something forces me to investigate further but if it's a typical thing these cars are known for then I will let it be for now.

I also have another question guys, if someone can advise whats best,

A week before lockdown I had sorted a 2.5" exhaust system and a subtech downpipe installed to my SGT. Because of the following situation (lockdown) I couldn't sort a tune for it and funds that were for the tune have now been used to pay bills,expenses etc during lockdown... realistically I won't be able to get it tuned for said dp/exhaust for another couple months, once work picks back up ...

Is it ok to use car as is, untill I sort tune? Will be driven with care ie. Under 5k rpm, as don't want to risk anything... or should I park her up untill tune and use my Motorbike instead?

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks all.

Can anyone recommend someone in south/east auckland that can do a TGV delete on my S-GT and also disable and delete my secondary air pump. Was looking into doing it myself but haven't turned a spanner in a while and need a courtesy car for work for the moment whilst the cars worked on. Anyone?

Why TVG delete gains are tiny. 

can leave them forced open and just pull the pump if you want an easier fix. 

Sub tech is penrose 

possum Bourne sells the little plates to blank them. The under turbo one you can do at solenoid end Leaving the steel pipe to make it way easier.

either can delete the codes even before the pump is pulled out. 
it’s the cutting the solenoid to keep the pressure sensor that’s the careful bit. You can leave it whole if needed it just won’t be tidy. 

• Like 1