Gidday people, I have a 2006 legacy Gtb auto gen 4, all stock, was driving long distance today and after 1hr 10mins I got a beep and a message in Japanese on the instrument cluster info part, and then again later on,any idea what this is, car still ran fine, cheers

Not sure about anything at 1hr10mins, but at 2hrs it throws up a little message in Japanese text with 2 readable that is basically a reminder to take a break. 

Gidday, yes I wondered about that 2 hour thing, I looked at the time driven when it beeped to get that, was 2 sentences in Japanese but couldn't see a '2' in the context

I randomly get the same in winter. Seems when temp is approaching zero, all I can imagine is it saying caution icy roads or something like that. Never in warm temperatures. 

• Like 1

You've gotta wonder what little intricacies car manufacturers have built in, but have never really been noticed or taken heed of lol

4th gens can also be set up to say happy birthday too but have no idea how that would be done.

Posted (edited)
On 31/05/2020 at 8:03 PM, Rickit said:

Gidday people, I have a 2006 legacy Gtb auto gen 4, all stock, was driving long distance today and after 1hr 10mins I got a beep and a message in Japanese on the instrument cluster info part, and then again later on,any idea what this is, car still ran fine, cheers

On 1/06/2020 at 9:56 PM, logan25 said:

I randomly get the same in winter. Seems when temp is approaching zero, all I can imagine is it saying caution icy roads or something like that. Never in warm temperatures. 

Ive had the same thing happen in icy conditions too heading up Mt Ruapehu. Has happened to me two or three times (nowhere near the 2 hour drive time) so im convinced its a warning about the temperature/ road

Edited by Mattymouse
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Joe
      Was looking at getting some shocks and springs for my car and  found some bilstein shocks and lowering springs from a BP5 and he was running 18x8.5 215/40 will I run into any issues if I put them on a BL5 running 18x9 225/40
    • By spuddling aka IMPRZF
      Evening all,
      Have recently brought a 2012 BM GT S Legacy, black, leather, full STi exhaust, 2.5 turbo and best of all 6 speed manual.
      Its a amazing car to drive, however the speedo, fuel consumption gauge and odometer has recently stopped working.
      Cruise control still works as normal.
      Wondering if anyone has had the same or similar experience and what may have caused the issue.
      Have checked to see any broken or loose cables, sensors etc but to no avail. The newer Subaru’s are a bit more fancy than the old STi parked beside it in the shed!
      Any suggestions greatly appreciated as the nearest Subaru dealer is somewhat of a drive away, we are located in Fiordland.

• By YogiTheBear
      Hi Guys

Changed the thermostat in my 2002 B4 Legacy this morning.
      Noticed bubbles coming from the overflow.
      The car isn't over heating, coolant isn't boiling, A/C blowing hot air as it should, Thermostat definitely opening, Oil clear and clean.

Going to be replacing the radiator cap and bleeding the cooling system again with the front jacked up this time, did it on a hill the first time hoping it would have the same effect.

Any other ideas of what it might be or things to try before considering the possibility that the head gasket randomly started leaking straight after putting a new working thermostat in?

Thanks Guys.
  • Recent Status Updates