Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Latest Purhcase - SH5 Forester

1.5 years (too long) later and I've bought another Subaru! This one is something I'd never really think of owning, but I was hunting for a new vehicle, saw this drive through town, thought damn i kinda like that, turns out it was on Trademe and now here I am. 2007, 2.0 Turbo, 5 Speed Manual, 148 thousand k's. Suuuuper tidy Forry.

Chassis code is SH5-002222  & the engine code is EJ205HEZME. So I barely know anything about these. Not even sure what kind of Turbo these run, not entirely sure about the power  & torque output either. Google hasn't been very helpful! haha. 

Plans:

Probably going to lower it a bit since it's a bit 'boaty'

Maybe something with the exhaust for a bit more Subaru noise. It's extremely refined and quiet stock. 

WleINuC.jpg

d3XHLsX.jpg

bEbrlD8.jpg

• Like 2

• Subscribed Member

Looks super nice, always loved that shape!

Although I never noticed until your pictures, how much it looks like an outlander from the side haha. 

It's definitely a model I'd look at if I was wanting something a bit more 'suv' like.

On 8/06/2020 at 9:45 AM, Technikhaus said:

Looks super nice, always loved that shape!

Although I never noticed until your pictures, how much it looks like an outlander from the side haha. 

It's definitely a model I'd look at if I was wanting something a bit more 'suv' like.

Would never really have expected myself to own anything like it.. The space is great though and it's really surprisingly good on fuel.

Must only have a baby turbo on it though, spools super easy and nice and torquey through 2.5 - 4.5k rpm. After that there's just nothing haha.

• Like 2

Looks very nice, the bodykit can't be too common either! I was going to go for one of those, but had to go outback for the tow rating (....but then I never fitted a tow bar :S )

Must have been cared for when it came into NZ given its got a set of michelins on it. Unfortunately I can't decode your applied code at the moment, id be interested to see what its spec'd like.

16 hours ago, Firenza said:

Looks very nice, the bodykit can't be too common either! I was going to go for one of those, but had to go outback for the tow rating (....but then I never fitted a tow bar :S )

Must have been cared for when it came into NZ given its got a set of michelins on it. Unfortunately I can't decode your applied code at the moment, id be interested to see what its spec'd like.

Unfortunately the Michelins are aging a bit and the rubber is a wee bit brittle :/ I'll replace them at a later date I guess. 

I have a feeling it may be the same as 2.0 XT Spec (Assuming this is what this forester is) with about 227HP and 319Nm Torque outputs. I can't confirm this though. The body kit seems pretty uncommon. Although typically, the day before I bought it, I saw another white SH5 in town with a bodykit too 

Edited by Shibe

• 2 years later...

Apologies for commenting on an old post buuut.. I'm curious if you still have this, how it's going and what you managed to find out. I also just bought one 3 weeks ago a 2008 SH5 5spd with same engine as yours ej205hezme. Just wondering what problems you've had and what you used to lower it if you have. Thanks