Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Best Place to Tune 2010 A-Line

TNHSTI

Hey team got a 2010 STI A-line and are wanting to get it tuned - will do a downpipe and fuel pump first 

My Main question is  who in Chch would be best to tune it - Id rather use Possum bourne but being in Nelson its a bit impracticable to take it up there

I was looking at Torque Performance maybe?

On a second note anyone tuned an A-line before?

1 hour ago, Andy_Mac said:

SAS are the usual go-to for Subaru tuning in the CHCH area.

Prestige in Wellington are good too but that means a trip on the ferry which isn't particularly cheap.

Thanks Andy - Gave SAS a call - were very helpful

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Technikhaus said:

Hey!
We had our STI done at SAS last week, they were absolutely fantastic to deal with!

Cheers I heard the factory muffler in the V11 STI's are very restrictive and you would be better to do that before the downpipe?

Does this sound right? 

It’s not great but be careful what you get. The down pipe makes a big difference to sound and what sounds good before can get loud and drone.  With the auto that maybe really bad. 

the intake actually seems to make good gains looking at dyno plot. Maybe 5-7 wkw. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gripless said:

It’s not great but be careful what you get. The down pipe makes a big difference to sound and what sounds good before can get loud and drone.  With the auto that maybe really bad. 

the intake actually seems to make good gains looking at dyno plot. Maybe 5-7 wkw. 

Ah yeah thanks I dont actually want any noise especially being auto what would you or anyone recommend as far as getting more power but being sleeper quiet?

I’ve  always got custom ones since they are usually cheapest and sound awesome.

Big single adrenalinR one across the back would be quiet and flow a lot.

depends on the look you want as well. Single side is way cheaper than both sides.

You can always have a fake set of tips on one side to save $$$

only others like the currently fitted one came on the car and are high end Japanese ones. Though it’s loud and I’ll be removing it at some stage. It is titanium so very nice but LOUD.

The other option is if you can weld is to cut the top off the factory one and modify it and reweld the top on.

Edited by Gripless

• 5 weeks later...

I have a 2009 sti. Fantastic car . Firstly...they dont need a tune unless ur changing crucial parts like downpipe. Possum Bourne Motorsport recommended SAS for Subaru dyno Tuning.  Personally..I have had terrible service from trevor Crowe   dont go there . 

I have watched a video made by the Invidia manager for N.Z. he stated that with a new downpipe  u absolutely should dyno tune as the sensors alone will be changed ...and it gets ur computer settings all as they should be . . I'm gonna see how it feels after install and go from there . I'm even keen to fit the system myself. Anyone out there looking for a complete 2009 2.5 litre exhaust including 2 double tip pipes out back ?

6 hours ago, BmxBandiT said:

I have watched a video made by the Invidia manager for N.Z. he stated that with a new downpipe  u absolutely should dyno tune as the sensors alone will be changed ...and it gets ur computer settings all as they should be . . I'm gonna see how it feels after install and go from there . I'm even keen to fit the system myself. Anyone out there looking for a complete 2009 2.5 litre exhaust including 2 double tip pipes out back ?

He's covering his ass. There will be less back pressure is all... no sensors are affected.