Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Paint can for v7 gold wheels?

IZichard

Does anyone know of a readily available paint spray can that is a close colour match to the v7 sti gold wheels? I’m not concerned about getting a perfect match.

My set is in a bit of a sorry state and I want to refurbish them but struggling to find a good colour that I can buy locally. We only have a Mitre 10 with three shiny and glittery gold options.

Picture of the wheels in question.
Zyqrplu.jpg

Cheers

2 hours ago, Gripless said:

Have you looked at @Batbaruman topic when he did his wheels.

few comments and options in there.

oh yeah this is the section of my spam thread that covers the wheels that rustoleum stuff pretty good. i'm not a rough rally driver or anything but combination of my hobbies finds me driving lot of gravel paths and stuff so far this has held up and stayed strong. still easy to clean with that clear i put on it all around really happy a year later for such a budget job.

• Like 1

@Batbaruman

Is this the one?

https://www.bunnings.co.nz/rust-oleum-340g-universal-paint-and-primer-metallic-pure-gold_p0374318

I knew you told me at some point, I thought I saved it in my phone but couldn't find it. Unfortunately it is only available in store and the nearest Bunnings is 5.5hrs drive from my house haha. I'll have a look around for it elsewhere.

That colour looks a little more gold in your thread, the v7 colour is quite yellow. How different are they in person?

Repost photo of batbaruman's colour for anyone wondering.

35d9ad6b994b61aec793c84b2e85b60e.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/09/2020 at 9:13 PM, IZichard said:

@Batbaruman

Is this the one?

https://www.bunnings.co.nz/rust-oleum-340g-universal-paint-and-primer-metallic-pure-gold_p0374318

I knew you told me at some point, I thought I saved it in my phone but couldn't find it. Unfortunately it is only available in store and the nearest Bunnings is 5.5hrs drive from my house haha. I'll have a look around for it elsewhere.

That colour looks a little more gold in your thread, the v7 colour is quite yellow. How different are they in person?

Repost photo of batbaruman's colour for anyone wondering.

35d9ad6b994b61aec793c84b2e85b60e.jpg

ypu tahts it bro

hmmm maybe @Gripless can comment how it compares to the stock gold, since he had same wheels but stock gold . mind you the colour of mine shifts a little based on angle because i put a weak coat of some glitter gold spray as i thought it would look cool 🤣 it does add some texture but up close it makes it look like a bad paint job and took away from all the time i spent doing it.. so learn from my mistake and dont do that one haha. the rustoleum is otherwise really good and to my eyes seemed like stock colour

Edited by Batbaruman
  • Like 1

I think @Batbaruman ones are a little more bronze than factory but not by much. 
there is an offical touch up paint as someone did mine before I had them. 

like I said call a paint and panel shop and ask them they can likely order colour exactly. 
about 3x the price per can but it will be exact. 

• Like 2

On 10/09/2020 at 12:26 PM, chulozumo said:

Yeah I am far away from everything, that’s the problem. The proper paint/powder coat options here are $$$ and I only paid $250 for the wheels a couple years ago.

Just want something cheap to tidy them up a bit.

I recently picked up some nicer wheels for the gc8 anyway.

On 10/09/2020 at 12:33 PM, Gripless said:

https://www.rs25.com/threads/gold-wheels-color-codes-compilation.97335/

first link in google for the paint color 

That’s great info to have in here for others but I was looking something off the shelf in a can. Thanks though