Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

High Flow side feed injectors

ginganinja

Hey there,

Has anyone had any experience with five-o motorsport side feed iniectors or deatschwerks ones?

Looking for options of bigger side feeds In view of planning go next step on my car. The reason I am asking side feed instead of top feeds, is because I bought some RCM side feed rails that I am currently running the stock yellows in. Hindsight is a great thing and I should have converted to top feed, and aftermarket injectors first time around. However now I have the side feed rails I may as well keep them.

Be glad of any real life experience as there doesn't seem to be many 850-1000cc side feed injector options around.

Cheers

If you are spending money... go to top feed... side feed is too limiting.

There are a few affordable top feed rails around... fittings can get a bit pricey and need an FPR... but then you have a million more options for injectors... I plan on getting some XSpurt injectors from MSEL.

Edited by Loren

Yes thats true, I have all the fittings and FPR etc. As I have made my fuel system and tuned the car using the RCM side feed rails in parallel set up. Was just getting ideas for future planning, and thought changing injectors is easier than doing rails again 😀  (should have gone top feed in the first place) 

8 hours ago, Loren said:

If you are spending money... go to top feed... side feed is too limiting.

There are a few affordable top feed rails around... fittings can get a bit pricey and need an FPR... but then you have a million more options for injectors... I plan on getting some XSpurt injectors from MSEL.

Just looked those up. Look to be priced very well. Might have to look into going to top feed if I end up going to a bigger turbo. 

Sard 850cc injectors are an option. Nothing decent above that size that I was aware of (before switching to top feed).

I've got them sitting here in rails if you are interested in them, think I was trying for $500 on trademe, would go less on here

55 minutes ago, pl0x said:

Sard 850cc injectors are an option. Nothing decent above that size that I was aware of (before switching to top feed).

I've got them sitting here in rails if you are interested in them, think I was trying for $500 on trademe, would go less on here

850cc is all I would need. They in good condition?

I won't need the rails, PM me what you could do them for. 

• Admin

I had five-o 1650 top feeds, and while they were bloody good wide open, they were inconsistent as anything at lower flows. I think they ended up in a rally car where they would presumably spend more time down at the wide-open end of the paddock 😆

I've got 850cc fiveoh side feeds in my RS and haven't had any issues (got them cheap asf). Its still on a base tune on the link but idle is still smooth (runs a bit rich though). Getting it on the dyno once back from panelbeaters but no complaints/reservations from my tuner at this stage at least. His commen was the new ECUs (G4+ etc) are sufficiently modern enough to deal with bigger side feeds if i wanted to stick with them

17 hours ago, boon said:

I had five-o 1650 top feeds, and while they were bloody good wide open, they were inconsistent as anything at lower flows. I think they ended up in a rally car where they would presumably spend more time down at the wide-open end of the paddock 😆

My car with 1650cc xspurt top feed injectors has the odd splutter down low. Idle seems fine, it's more taking off <2000rpm. Assume it's in injector data or they are just to big.

• Admin
1 hour ago, pl0x said:

My car with 1650cc xspurt top feed injectors has the odd splutter down low. Idle seems fine, it's more taking off <2000rpm. Assume it's in injector data or they are just to big.

That was my exact experience. Idle was crisp as. Just between about 2000-3000rpm at light throttle it would stumble and burp. Just the flow being inconsistent at very small openings.

• Like 1