Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Question about Blitz Nur Spec R and other catback options :)

I am looking at a nice Catback Exhaust. Currently it has stock DP, stock midpipe with resonator and an sti genome rear muffler.

While the car sounds nice, you cannot really hear it. Whenever I turn it on at idle, you barley hear it. When you open it up it does roar a bit but it does not sound that loud even with windows down.

My favourite exhaust so far is the Blitz Nur Spec R. Absolutely love the design, sounds amazing and it bolts right up to my stock DP.

However, I am really worried about just how loud it is. I don't want to spend $1,000 only to find out it is too loud or not my taste. The videos I have watched don't really represent how loud it is in person and I don't want to damage my hearing or deal with awful drone.

I only really do city driving with a small bit of highway driving for 15 minutes each way 3 times a week, so most of time I am just cruising around town at 50km/h.

Has anyone here used a Blitz and can comment on it? I don't mind it being loud for others but I don't want it to be extremely loud in the cabin that it damages hearing. I have heard they reach 105 - 110 decibels which is EXTREMELY damaging but I assume that is right by the exhaust so in the cabin would be different, and I assume that is also when really revving the vehicle.

If the blitz is too loud, what would be some nice alternatives? I really want that beautiful deep rumble as I feel like my car is just so quiet.

Thanks guys!

With 200,000 km on the engine the reduction in back pressure will likely allow the exhaust valves to move side to side excessively eventually (almost instantly) falling into the engine and blocking the oil feed pipe causing low oil pressure which would eventually (instantly) destroy the engine completely. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Loren said:

With 200,000 km on the engine the reduction in back pressure will likely allow the exhaust valves to move side to side excessively eventually (almost instantly) falling into the engine and blocking the oil feed pipe causing low oil pressure which would eventually (instantly) destroy the engine completely. 

Are you taking the piss because of all my stupid questions haha.

I'm trying not to ask stupid questions I thought the one above was a fine question>?

21 minutes ago, Bugeye01WRX said:

Are you taking the piss because of all my stupid questions haha.

No.

21 minutes ago, Bugeye01WRX said:

I'm trying not to ask stupid questions I thought the one above was a fine question>?

I find this bit interesting: "I don't mind it being loud for others but I don't want it to be extremely loud in the cabin..."

My opinion... loud exhaust are awesome in theory... but in practise not worth pissing everyone off.

4 minutes ago, Loren said:

No.

I find this bit interesting: "I don't mind it being loud for others but I don't want it to be extremely loud in the cabin..."

My opinion... loud exhaust are awesome in theory... but in practise not worth pissing everyone off.

Wait so what was all that bable about exhaust valves? Never heard of anything like that which is why I thought you were just having a joke hehe.

Also yeah that was why I was asking I didn't want to get the blitz if it is obnoxiously loud and was wondering what other nice options there are.

in terms of "I don't mind it being loud for others" I mean I am not worried if other people find it loud because 99% of them will only hear it for a second. I just wanna make sure it is nice sounding in the cabin since I am living with it ALL the time.

20 minutes ago, Bugeye01WRX said:

Wait so what was all that bable about exhaust valves? Never heard of anything like that which is why I thought you were just having a joke hehe.

Not joking... really worn out motors need back pressure to hold the exhaust valves in place. Surely you've seen people fishing exhaust valves out of the oil pan? Happens all the time.

Also yeah that was why I was asking I didn't want to get the blitz if it is obnoxiously loud and was wondering what other nice options there are.

in terms of "I don't mind it being loud for others" I mean I am not worried if other people find it loud because 99% of them will only hear it for a second. I just wanna make sure it is nice sounding in the cabin since I am living with it ALL the time.

Obnoxiousness is very subjective unfortunately... I know that very well indeed.

Edited by Loren

13 minutes ago, Loren said:

Not joking... really worn out motors need back pressure to hold the exhaust valves in place. Surely you've seen people fishing exhaust valves out of the oil pan? Happens all the time.

Obnoxiousness is very subjective unfortunately... I know that very well indeed.

Oh ok looks like I'll have to do some research into that.

I assume I am not going to get much change to backpressure as I am keeping stock DP with cat so will have most of the backpressure there so it shouldn't be too much less backpressure for a blitz anyway.

but thanks for letting me know.

And yeah obnoxiousness is subjective wish I could hear a blitz in person to know how loud it is.

Was just joking actually... but a noisy exhaust just attracts attention... which personally I don't want. When I first got my current car it was tuned to fart pop and backfire whenever I was off the gas... it was a nightmare and I had to drive around with my hand covering my eyes in shame.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Loren said:

Was just joking actually... but a noisy exhaust just attracts attention... which personally I don't want. When I first got my current car it was tuned to fart pop and backfire whenever I was off the gas... it was a nightmare and I had to drive around with my hand covering my eyes in shame.

Haha you got me good bro!

Ahh I suppose it was fun for a bit but then it got old quick?

Yeah I am just wanting a bit more sound because honestly my car is so quiet. I suppose it is good for subltey tho.

Do you know any other catback options that might sound a bit more aggressive but that you wouldn't consider "cover your eyes in shame" material haha.

• Admin

See if you can find a Zerosports World League. I had one on my V7 a while back and it had a really nice sound to it, not loud at all, but much nicer than stock.

Has a hard power limit of about 235wkw though as it's only 2.5" and quite restrictive.

Also it's been said before but you are probably getting heavily overcapitalised into a 200000km WRX, but at the same time heaps of people have done similar and had fun so whatever :)

2 hours ago, boon said:

See if you can find a Zerosports World League. I had one on my V7 a while back and it had a really nice sound to it, not loud at all, but much nicer than stock.

Has a hard power limit of about 235wkw though as it's only 2.5" and quite restrictive.

Also it's been said before but you are probably getting heavily overcapitalised into a 200000km WRX, but at the same time heaps of people have done similar and had fun so whatever :)

Sweet I will definitely look into it :).

Yeah I definitely have been thinking about over capitalisation of the WRX. So far I have bought it for 8k and spent about 3.5k on it. SO far it is just a tune, STI SPoiler, STI Scoop and 3 gauges.

If I did buy a blitz (would cost me $1,000), i would just take it off once I got an STI anyway so it is not like I'd buy it and leave it on the WRX if I sold the WRX or bought an STI and kept the WRX, I'd take the blitz off.

I am not planning on taking the WRX any further, I am super happy where it is I was just looking into an exhaust as my last mod just for a better sound but I am not worried if I don't get a new exhaust.

On 24/02/2021 at 1:53 PM, Gripless said:

Why not just swap the muffler over to a adrenalinR one at a local shop.

Save some money and less OEM crap to store.

Second this, the Genome is quite a big muffler and the AdrenalinR's sound bloody good.

Or if your car still has a mid cat, get that removed.

On 25/02/2021 at 4:55 PM, TNHSTI said:

If you think your bug eye is too quiet, try taking a stock V11 STI A-line for a drive

They honestly sound so lame, which is maybe why I want to sell mine lol

Lol I have the opposite problem. Down pipe and titanium cat back with massive quad tips.

• Like 1