Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

GC8 STI Value

TNHSTI

Also, not sure if you guys followed this auction recently: 

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2000-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-type-r-version-6-limited?fbclid=IwAR0Z2DyCl1dK1zHozayQ8Pg0r8usTSzJNv3uFBRKDsSRpppASID4Xa2yPT0

To be fair its the rarest type R next to the 22b, and is immaculate. Bidding went up to like $145k AUD, didnt sell. Dude wanted like $155k i think lol. 

26 minutes ago, Niran said:

Oooooh interesting thread to stumble across haha.

I literally look at the jap auction markets every day. Unfortunately the high prices stem from there. Often you can import a car for slightly less then nz market value, but then you bare the full risk of rust, compliance issues and cost snow balls.

Anywho. Mine should be a good test of the NZ market! Lets see what happens. Turned down a concrete offer of $75k before my swap deal fell through. So will be interesting to see where we go. The realist in me will be happy with anything over $70k.

Doesnt really matter that the value has gone up since my original purchase, as i'll be buying back into the same market! 

As long as IRD don’t flag it. Flipping cars is legal and you don’t have to be a dealer initially but buying anything to do up and sell for profit incurs tax.

24 minutes ago, Gripless said:

As long as IRD don’t flag it. Flipping cars is legal and you don’t have to be a dealer initially but buying anything to do up and sell for profit incurs tax.

Is this classic tall poppy syndrome and being jealous that someone may be able to make some money on a vehicle??

The comment is totally irrelevant, there is No such thing as profit tax on privately owned goods.

Heck even buying and selling a house only had capital gains tax come in a few years ago. Until that point if you sold for more than you bought for then good for you.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ginganinja said:

Heck even buying and selling a house only had capital gains tax come in a few years ago. Until that point if you sold for more than you bought for then good for you.

There's a capital gains tax on housing in NZ?

I've never heard of having to pay tax when buying and selling privately owned cars. Common sense (not jealousy) says there must be some threshold though. No idea what it might be, but if you were full time buying and selling privately owned cars for profit... the IRD will surely come knocking one day. Or maybe not... we are in NZ after all.

Edited by Loren

13 minutes ago, Loren said:

There's a capital gains tax on housing in NZ?

I've never heard of having to pay tax when buying and selling privately owned cars. Common sense (not jealousy) says there must be some threshold though. No idea what it might be, but if you were full time buying and selling privately owned cars for profit... the IRD will surely come knocking one day. Or maybe not... we are in NZ after all.

Yep if you were full time doing it, sure they would come knocking. But what @gripless was inferring was that if you  bought anything and did it up and sold for a profit you would need to pay tax. Which is totally not the case. 

Its frustrating. Don't get where the hate comes from. If you owned one, would you be selling it below market value? Obviously not. 

The next type R i've got lined up is going to cost more than what i've been offered on this - the market is the market, just like any other goods or service for sale. Supply / demand and what people want to pay for it. 

5 minutes ago, Niran said:

Its frustrating. Don't get where the hate comes from. If you owned one, would you be selling it below market value? Obviously not. 

The next type R i've got lined up is going to cost more than what i've been offered on this - the market is the market, just like any other goods or service for sale. Supply / demand and what people want to pay for it. 

I have a v5 Type R that I bought 6 years ago for 12k and thought I over paid. It's logical that people asking 60 to 90 k all of a sudden are going to be seen as price gouging. Take it personally if you want.

Fact is, it's just sad that the good old days of being spoiled rotten with cheap imports is over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loren said:

I have a v5 Type R that I bought 6 years ago for 12k and thought I over paid. It's logical that people asking 60 to 90 k all of a sudden are going to be seen as price gouging. Take it personally if you want.

Fact is, it's just sad that the good old days of being spoiled rotten with cheap imports is over.

All good things come to an end.

12 hours ago, Niran said:

Also, not sure if you guys followed this auction recently: 

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2000-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-type-r-version-6-limited?fbclid=IwAR0Z2DyCl1dK1zHozayQ8Pg0r8usTSzJNv3uFBRKDsSRpppASID4Xa2yPT0

To be fair its the rarest type R next to the 22b, and is immaculate. Bidding went up to like $145k AUD, didnt sell. Dude wanted like $155k i think lol. 

A mate had one of these, traded it in 7 or 8 years ago for $10K against a new Hilux... DOH

• Sad 1