Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Anyone know what bumper this is?

This is the BEST looking Bugeye I have ever seen! My gosh when I eventually trade up my WRX for an STI I want to make it look this this!

I know those are Morette's but they look slightly different as it looks like the bottom portion is either been cut off or hidden.

Any help would be appreciated :)

impreza_11.jpg

Edited by Bugeye01WRX
  • Like 1

• General Member

Yeah that's interesting alright, I like how it defeats the purpose of having a Bug : but is still a buy-eye at the same time

not sure if the headlight covers (one piece grill?) will get a WOF here though eh

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bugle said:

To get that look you'd need the aftermarket front guards as well, a lot of spend and work, if you can find the kit

Do you know what kit it is? I'd definintely spend the money as this is definitely the most awesome look I have seen for a Bugeye

• Admin

Hard to say without another angle. The front guards look like generic WRC clone ones.

The bumper is a custom one. The one piece bumper-grill-eyelids is not something I've ever seen before, especially not specifically set up for the Morette headlights.

47 minutes ago, boon said:

Hard to say without another angle. The front guards look like generic WRC clone ones.

The bumper is a custom one. The one piece bumper-grill-eyelids is not something I've ever seen before, especially not specifically set up for the Morette headlights.

Oh damn a custom one. I've been looking through all the ones like Cwest, Zero Sports etc and Zero Sports was the cloest one.

I'm starting to think the "bumper-eye-grill" isn't one piece but rather, the headlights are separate and there is a piece placed over the top.

Could be wrong though.

12 hours ago, boon said:

It's either a really bad photo, or it's one piece.

The bonnet gap is also kinda disgusting but that's more like a "the owner cbf adjusting it" thing

Oh yeah I didn't notice the bonnett gap haha that does look gross.

If this is a custom piece you have any idea what it would cost to fabricate?

• Admin
On 18/12/2021 at 10:30 AM, Bugeye01WRX said:

Oh yeah I didn't notice the bonnett gap haha that does look gross.

If this is a custom piece you have any idea what it would cost to fabricate?

Donor bits would probably be $1000 or so.

Then labour + paint? Probably $1500+

I'd budget $4k to get it done.

13 hours ago, boon said:

Found another pic of it:

Subaru Impreza

God that bonnet gap really is bad.

I can't quite put my finger on the donor bumper. Maybe Skyline?

Wow yeah the bonnet gap looks FAR worse in this photo. However, I still absolutely love this style! Sweet thanks for the info on the pricing! Definitely something I would get done eventually.

Where did you find this photo btw? Did it have any more info on the car?

Cheers

• Admin

Sadly no more info about the car. It was just a pic from some car show, I was searching on the number plate.

The bottom half of the bumper seems super familiar but I can't quite work out what from.

Keep in mind that a large part of the look of that car comes from the widebody, which is a massively expensive undertaking even if you do it the cheapest way you can.

I'd probably just hunt out a nice JDM or Prodrive bumper and call it good... you can't see it when you're sitting inside it anyway, and $4k would go a long way in terms of making it drive better.

• Like 2

On 21/12/2021 at 10:55 AM, boon said:

Sadly no more info about the car. It was just a pic from some car show, I was searching on the number plate.

The bottom half of the bumper seems super familiar but I can't quite work out what from.

Keep in mind that a large part of the look of that car comes from the widebody, which is a massively expensive undertaking even if you do it the cheapest way you can.

I'd probably just hunt out a nice JDM or Prodrive bumper and call it good... you can't see it when you're sitting inside it anyway, and $4k would go a long way in terms of making it drive better.

No worries! Yeah that is a fair point it is something I'd do after I had done all the performance work for the car. I have a plan I'd aiming for around 350whp with upgraded turbo, injectors, pump, fmic, exhaust and a good custom tune.

I'd be looking to do the front end after all that was done.

But thanks for your time man!

14 hours ago, Serchn said:

Looks like a evo 5/6 aftermarket bottom half 🤔. I saw one like it when I was looking for a replacement when I had my 6 😂

Yeah I had a look it does actually only thing is on both sides it has those little grooves that bugeye wrx/stis have so it has to be a custom bumper