Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Daily Driver Bucket Seats

Hey guys

Anyone got any recommendations for some nice comfy daily driver seats to replace my 02 WRX seats. I do like the WRX seats and they are very comfy but I have painted my entire interior black with hints of red and I want the seats to be black. Also, I would like something that is a little more snug for whipping around corners haha.

I considered painting or dying them but worried about them being stiff or leeching onto clothes etc and re upholstering would cost the same as new seats.

So I'm wondering what people could recommend.

I was also wondering about fixed back. Are they a pain for daily drivers? I don't like having my seat too far forward I have it leant back a little more. Are fixed backs in a nice position for daily driving? Or should I just get reclinables?

I saw Scarles have some fairly well priced seats but are they crap?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Joker said:

Dyed my V3 Greys Black : no issues aye

Legacy seats?  will be less snug but more comfy so not sure what you're looking for tbh

I want something nice and snug but not uncomfortable. The Bugeye WRX seats are pretty much how I like it tho I could go a little snugger.

What paint/dye did you use?

• Admin

Basically anything more supportive is going to be a downgrade comfort-wise. It's just the nature of the beast. I've planted my arse in quite a few aftermarket bucket seats (I was shopping for one a few years ago and Tokyo car tuning shops have lots and lots of them because reasons) so I have a decent sampling. The only ones that I thought were both more supportive and more comfortable than the stock WRX/STI bucket seats were some insanely expensive Recaros. Cheaper Recaro, any of your "JDM" brands like Bride, and any fixed-back bucket seat is less comfortable, they're narrower and have less padding so that's unsurprising.

The closest I got to "woah this is really really supportive but the comfort is acceptable" in a fixed back was the Racetech RT4009XW, which they don't even make any more. The RT4100 probably gets close, I just wish they did it in a wide-but-not-tall because Racetech's not-wide is very snug for anything but dedicated track work if you occasionally eat a pie or two.

• Like 1

• Admin

If you can get hold of recaro rails compatible with your chassis then the GR/GV Recaro’s are very supportive for a factory option seat. Deep enough for decent support without being too uncomfortable or hard to get out of

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/05/2022 at 10:30 PM, NTYCME said:

stock seats from a v9 wrx are black, well the wagons are so I assume the sedans are

ive got fixed back brides in my wrx, not ideal for daily driving but its only a weekend car for me

Oooh I didn't know about those! They would probably be the perfect cheap option. These are the ones I assume you are talking about? Are they more comfy than the Bugeye ones? Less comfy? More snug? Less snug?

Do the rails fit straight into my bugeye?

And is it only the MY05 WRX that has these?

b7748b78-8604-4ebb-8a13-6370536a9fd3.medium.jpg

On 6/05/2022 at 9:13 AM, Andy_Mac said:

If you can get hold of recaro rails compatible with your chassis then the GR/GV Recaro’s are very supportive for a factory option seat. Deep enough for decent support without being too uncomfortable or hard to get out of

Thanks I'll check those out!!

On 3/05/2022 at 9:30 AM, boon said:

Basically anything more supportive is going to be a downgrade comfort-wise. It's just the nature of the beast. I've planted my arse in quite a few aftermarket bucket seats (I was shopping for one a few years ago and Tokyo car tuning shops have lots and lots of them because reasons) so I have a decent sampling. The only ones that I thought were both more supportive and more comfortable than the stock WRX/STI bucket seats were some insanely expensive Recaros. Cheaper Recaro, any of your "JDM" brands like Bride, and any fixed-back bucket seat is less comfortable, they're narrower and have less padding so that's unsurprising.

The closest I got to "woah this is really really supportive but the comfort is acceptable" in a fixed back was the Racetech RT4009XW, which they don't even make any more. The RT4100 probably gets close, I just wish they did it in a wide-but-not-tall because Racetech's not-wide is very snug for anything but dedicated track work if you occasionally eat a pie or two.

Oh wow those are definitely pricey! When you say less comfortable, I assume there is a bit of a trade off so would you consider any of the cheaper ones to still be good enough for daily driving? I'd be ok if they were more snug and only a bit less comfortable. Or are they quite a lot less comfortable?

If so, I got advised to try these MY05 WRX seats that seem perfect for what I am trying to achieve (black interior)

b7748b78-8604-4ebb-8a13-6370536a9fd3.medium.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, dont come on here much, yup that pic is the stock seats im talking about

Where are you located? I might be able to source you a set

And yes all seats from 2001-2007 impreza will bolt straight in (bug, blob and hawk eye chassis's)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/06/2022 at 7:04 PM, NTYCME said:

Sorry, dont come on here much, yup that pic is the stock seats im talking about

Where are you located? I might be able to source you a set

And yes all seats from 2001-2007 impreza will bolt straight in (bug, blob and hawk eye chassis's)

Hey bro so sorry missed this message didn't get a notification!

Palmy mate but can travel and have the means to pick them up.

I'd be keen on a set are they good seats for a daily you reckon? How do they compared to the bugeye ones?

20 hours ago, Bugeye01WRX said:

Hey bro so sorry missed this message didn't get a notification!

Palmy mate but can travel and have the means to pick them up.

I'd be keen on a set are they good seats for a daily you reckon? How do they compared to the bugeye ones?

I assume the v7-10 are all reasonably similar, best bet would be to find someone with a 2004-2005 wrx and ask to sit in their seats lol

My mate parts out Subaru's in Hamilton so he comes across those seats