Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Subaru GH8 S-GT - Terrible Fuel Economy and nuk boost Add Tag

G'day boys,

Lent the downpipe o2 sensor to a mate to get a cert done the other week, obviously the car ran rich during the week I was driving it with no o2 sensor + gating out the downpipe. After that put a fresh o2 sensor direct from Subaru into the downpipe. - About two weeks later the economy just dropped to apron 6.4km/L when sitting on cruise control on the motorway at 100kmh. Previously it would get 12-13km/L under the same scenario. - After that it also felt like it was not boosting as hard, put a Savage boost gauge in and its only boosting to 5psi which from searching around seems to be waste gate pressure when something is going wrong with the car.

Since then I have tried,

- Taking the downpipe o2 sensor out and re-installing it to make sure it was sealing correctly.

- Taking Mid-Cat o2 sensor out and re-installing it to make sure it was sealing correctly.

- Swapping GFB Hybrid BOV over to stock BPV.
- Cleaning out MAF Sensor.

- Brand new NGK 6b Spark Plugs

- Reset the ECU multiple times in between screwing around with all this stuff.

Car is practically stock apart from;

- Mishimoto Intake

- Savage Boost Gauge

- GFB Hybrid BOV (Been replaced by stock BPV)

- Mid-Cat, Resonator and Muffler Delete

Anything else worth trying, moving away soon so going to be real annoying having to do heaps of long distance driving while getting ruined on gas.

Cheers Lads and Lasses

Edited by Kwiet

• Admin

No CEL/codes then?

I'd probably still want to put a code reader on it. Heinous fuel economy usually goes with a wonky O2 sensor.

Ask your mate you loaned the sensor to to swap and see if it resolves it/breaks theirs.

1 minute ago, boon said:

No CEL/codes then?

I'd probably still want to put a code reader on it. Heinous fuel economy usually goes with a wonky O2 sensor.

Ask your mate you loaned the sensor to to swap and see if it resolves it/breaks theirs.

Put a OBD2 on it, no codes or past codes showing up. Don't have any access to any other ECU data.

Can't put my original one back on as the threads are f***ed on that one now :/