Check Engine Light CEL Codes

kamineko

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
 daleson said:

I went into repco greenlane asking for upper engine cleaner adn i was provided a wynns product i add to my oil. (which did make a dif, my VOD seems to be closer to 5000rpm now and not 4000 anymore.)

Im thinking i need one that goes into my fuel?

Gonna go back today i think.

Upper Engine Cleaner is a Genuine Subaru Service Additive (part: SA459) that you can only get from a Subaru Dealership. You spray it directly into the intake system of the car via a vaccuum hose ontop of the intake manifold.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

None of those wires! The wires you want are real close to the steering column, sometimes tapped up on top of it. If you take off the plastic panel under the dash, that's the one by your knees, then lay on your back and look up about half way from the back to the front of where that panel used to be, and right close to the column, you should be able to see them hanging down. If they are not visible have a feel around on top of the column for four plugs tapped to the column or to the rest of the wiring. Once the tape is ripped off the wires should hang down about one-fifty mills or so and are easy to get in future without taking the under dash panel off.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest swiftbrad

this is exactly whats happening to me, but I havnt wired it in so am unable to find offending wires :(

RSB said:

From personal experience:

If your secondary turbo stops working in your TT, and you get Code 65, and you have a ZS Sequential controller, you are getting a short somewhere (bullet connections FTL). A quick work around until you can find the offendig wires and slap them upside the head is to pop the face off of the controller (squeeze each end) where you will find a little button. Press it. This resets the controller. Turn car back on, cel code is gone and secondary is back online.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've just been reading over the above posts and really need some help too. My 97 BG5 TT have run into the problem of the cam angle sensor. Ive replaced the sensor and now have got to the point of checking for any other codes, and all i get is the CEL blinking constantly... I tryed to start the car with both plugs unpluged... and nuthing it just keeps turning over, over and over... I tryed the battery trick but nuthing... am i misssing a step between the constant blink of the CEL light and putting the battery in and turning the key?

Please help, i have been very lazy and now wife wants it gone... need to show her i can get it running!! :P

• 3 months later...
 kamineko']

yep this is a big one, i'm going to take pics and make a detailed how-to that can be followed by anyone :)

in the mean time check out this page... http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~ccgrant/celcheck.htm

not finished yet sorry

[table]

[tr][td]CEL [/td][td]Item [/td][td]Diagnosis [/td][td]Fail-safe operation[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]11[/td][td]Crankshaft position sensor[/td][td]Irregular signal received[/td][td]-[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]12[/td][td]Starter switch[/td][td]Abnormal signal emitted from switch[/td][td]Turns starter sw signal to off[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]13[/td][td]Camshaft position sensor[/td][td]Irregular signal received[/td][td]-[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]21[/td][td]Engine coolant temp sensor[/td][td]Abnormal signal emitted[/td][td]ECU adopts a set temp. Radiator fans ON[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]22[/td][td]Knock Sensor[/td][td]Abnormal voltage emitted[/td][td]Sets regular fuel map, retards ignition by 5degrees[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]23[/td][td]Mass air flow sensor (AFM)[/td][td]Abnormal voltage emitted[/td][td]Fuel map set by revs and throttle[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]24[/td][td]Idle air control solenoid[/td][td]Valve inoperative[/td][td]adjusts idle via fuel set by revs, vehicle speed & throttle[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]31[/td][td]Idle switch (EJ20G)[/td][td]Abnormal voltage emitted[/td][td]ECU adopts a set throttle position value[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]32[/td][td]Oxygen sensor[/td][td]Inoperative[/td][td]-[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]33[/td][td]Vehicle speed sensor 2[/td][td]Abnormal voltage entered[/td][td]ECU adopts a set value[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]38[/td][td]Torque control signal (AT)[/td][td]Abnormal signal from TCM[/td][td]-[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]42[/td][td]Idle switch[/td][td]Abnormal signal from TPS Idle switch[/td][td]?[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]44[/td][td]Wastegate control solenoid[/td][td]Solenoid inoperative[/td][td]Fuelcut when WOT at heavy load[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]45[/td][td]Pressure sensor /

Pressure exchange solenoid[/td][td]Abnormal signal from pressure sensor or

pressure exchange solenoid inoperative[/td][td]Fuelcut when WOT at heavy load[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]51[/td][td]Neutral switch (MT)[/td][td]Abnormal signal from switch[/td][td]-[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]51[/td][td]Park/Neutral position switch (AT)[/td][td]Abnormal signal from inhibitor switch[/td][td]-[/td]

[/tr]

[tr][td]53[/td][td]Immobiliser (if equip)[/td][td]Faulty Immobiliser system[/td][td]-[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]61[/td][td]Inhalation valve solenoid[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td]62[/td][td]Exhaust valve solenoid (vacuum)[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td]63[/td][td]Boost pressure relief valve solenoid[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td]64[/td][td]Secondary waste gate solenoid[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td]65[/td][td]Differential pressure sensor[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td]66[/td][td]Sequential twin turbo system[/td][td]Somethings broke au![/td][td]runs like poos[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]67[/td][td]Exhaust valve solenoid (+ve pressure)[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td]68[/td][td]Exhaust valve duty solenoid[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]

[/table]

some other downloadable stuff, cheers log1call

[quote name='log1call said:

With reference to poster one's helpful information... There are two pdf documents here...

url]http://cid-4ca3c3459aaa7f7f.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public

about the trouble codes, what the criteria are for them to be set and to be cleared by the ecu to be specific. Good reading if you want to be sure to make a correct diagnosis. Perhaps they could be added to the data file.

Is this for all Subbie's? Including 91 RS?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...