Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

DCCD Info

kamineko

Guest SPANKU
 smokn4']

[quote name='smokn4 said:

does this dccd come "u]only[/u]" in sti's or do the "some" wrx's have them aswell?

only sti ra, and type r in gc8...

Version 8 onward all sti got it i believe..

Actually im just thinking the wrx type r and ra MAY have got it but i have idea on that one just a guess.

ok...im looking at buying a "97 v3 sti type r" but when i car jammed it it comes back as just a 97 subaru impreza ???, when i qn'd him about it he said "its got dccd, only sti's have dccd" ???

the JDM Type R ( with the rood scoop ) dont get DCCD

Is that the WRX Type R Limited then San? I don't think we got non-STi turbo Type Rs here. I thought as a general rule, if it has a non-optioned* roof scoop and it isn't an RA, then it is a Limited.

*non-optioned meaning the model came with it standard and wasn't just added by the buyer on the options list.

smokn4 said:

ok...im looking at buying a "97 v3 sti type r" but when i car jammed it it comes back as just a 97 subaru impreza ???, when i qn'd him about it he said "its got dccd, only sti's have dccd" ???

only STI Type R and STI RA is probly what he means. Like Brad said above - until V8 normal STI didnt get dccd.

mate i had 97 sti typeR and it was registered as a "97 subaru impreza" car jam "DRB26"

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

id agree with koom and optical, ive run the dccdpro controller few months now and was the easiest method when dropping the dccd gearbox in the legacy,5wires and mounting the switch and dial then done. the controller box was perfect fit for the center console to

IMG_1599.jpg

IMG_1602.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

just a question, yesterday when i was driving mine with the diff set at 65% or 4th from bottom. when i stop to do a uturn, i go to engage the clutch and it made a mechanical bog sound while i was trying to turn feels like a rough engagement?? i then decided to scrolled it back all the way down to the free position. while doing it, i heard and felt a rather strong jolt from the thing. is this a normal thing? im new to the center diff thing and want to learn how and when to should it be used. since owning, i have prety much had it set to the bottom, just dont want to break anything by mucking around with it. any help or comments would be great

kamineko said:

its mechanical binding of the diff's, and normal. its a good indication that your running too much lock for what your doing. have a read of the first post in this thread

i have reed the the the first post like 3 times already and still am a little confuse as to when exactly should the diff be set to where during different circumstance. i know that if i leave it in the free position (all the way down), it drives normally around town, no drama. but as soon as i scroll it up even a notch. it makes that knock(or binding) sound when i try to turn a sharp corner. it just sounds as if tho i did something wrong. so should the diff only be switched up when you think u will need traction? eg wet/rain or race track?

funkytown said:

pretty much :) it will bind even one click up doing sharp low speed turns, thats totally normal

;D thanks, i almost shat myself when i heard that loud bog sound! i through i have broken something! i guess i will have to take it to a track to really learn the settings properly rather then skidding out in town lmao 8).

just another question about the diff since we on the topic. i brought the car with 85.000ks on the clock and it has almost no service history from the guy because he gets his mate(who works at armstong) to do all the work for him . just wondering how often should the diff oil be changed? i have checked the engine and gearbox oil and they seem fine, but is there a way to check the condition of the rear diff oil?

with the car level you should be able to remove the upper of the two rear diff bungs to check the oil. be careful when reinstalling the bung - do it tight but remember its a tapered thread and the diff lid is cast alloy - its possible to crack it

think its a standard 1/2" square drive

dccd is a bit cryptic to understand on paper. a paddock or track is usually the best place to see how it can help/hinder

The diff oil is pretty cheap. Just change it anyway - I think the service interval is 50,000 kms. You'll get some idea of how it was treated by the size of the christmas tree of filings on the magnetic plug when you pull it out.

Simplest way to think of the DCCD is as a way for you to choose the cars level of resistance to having the front and rear diffs travel at different speeds with respect to each other.

• 3 years later...