• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

triangle tires

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyres arent somehting you skimp on bro

They the only things that hold you on the raod..

Spend the extra coin at least get something semi better than crap.

From what iv heardf they are shit..

Personally wouldnt get anyhting lower than a middle range tyre from the perspective you needt htem to hold you and stop and go round corners..

nztintin']

any tyre made by someone who names them "triangle" is not bright.... therefore i would not trust them on anything other than a fire!

I wouldn't trust them to burn properly let alone use on a car...

[quote name='Glen said:

Read a review in autocar that pretty much said they hoped anyone who bought them had a caterer sorted for their funeral. You get what you pay for./quote]

Classic quote !

:D

+1

the_return_of_the_jedi said:

same as chinese kingstars.. avoid like SARS, Swineflu, Asian Birdflu etc

Updated from the 1350's ;)

I agree with G_unit that NS2's aren't great, got some old NS2's on the rear of my wagon. Makes it interesting in the wet.

G-unit said:

kingstars are cheap enough, i pay 150 each,alot better then the ns2s i had i reckon

Why bother though? With a little shopping around you could score some Toyo Proxes 4's for not much more and get a pretty reasonable tire. I've done 10,000km on my set so far and found them to be quite reasonable and they're wearing really well :)

I don't remember exactly but I know I paid a bit under $200 each fitted and balanced.

That was several months ago so with the strength of the dollar they should be cheaper. When I bought mine, the NZ dollar was only buying 55 yen.

G-unit said:

kingstars are cheap enough, i pay 150 each,alot better then the ns2s i had i reckon

i have ns2's on my car - but only because they are the cheapest tires for 20" rims you can get :S

... i pop so many i dont bother with anything more expensive! ... i pay $160ea (bought direct from contact at YHI + fitting @ local tire shop)

Guest boostin

I paid $170 each for my T1-R's from Hyper and got a free alignment! Nearly 30k now and there's still 5mm on all 4, and I don't drive it nice either.

Ecstas were ok, I found them very noisy though.

pappu said:

the ones from trademe - are they any good..?

in the auction they say say its one of the best budget tires....

You shouldn't really even consider cheap tyres. If you are short on funds, sell your Advans, buy a cheaper rim and spend the savings on tyres. They are incredibly important.

H8RS H8']

[quote name='G-unit said:

/quote]

i have ns2's on my car - but only because they are the cheapest tires for 20" rims you can get :S

... i pop so many i dont bother with anything more expensive! ... i pay $160ea (bought direct from contact at YHI + fitting @ local tire shop)

How the hell are you poping them?

pappu! I told your brother to stop skimping on his car...it applies to you too!! :P Get some blasted decent rubber, au! You know what happens when rubber tears... ;)

But srsly...safety first. Bad suspension is signing a death warrant... bad tyres are just as significant.

Heck, here's a pretty straightforward example of the difference between tyres. Last WOF on the Impreza, front brakes scored 230 or so (not marvellous). This time, they scored 300. The only difference has been tyres; Adrenalins, half-worn, for the former; new RE050s for the most recent. They handle water better, and hold onto the tarmac far longer.

Triangles (name for a round object?), Clears (name for a black object?!), Linglongs (wtf)... you seriously get what you pay for. Just get some bloody MY01s :P

Shale said:

Heck, here's a pretty straightforward example of the difference between tyres. Last WOF on the Impreza, front brakes scored 230 or so (not marvellous). This time, they scored 300. The only difference has been tyres; Adrenalins, half-worn, for the former; new RE050s for the most recent. They handle water better, and hold onto the tarmac far longer.

Really!?!?!?! I allways thought and will do until proven otherwise, that the brake test at the WOF station (with the rollers) would have bugger all tire slip on them, Or do they test it by applying force and pressure till it slips X amount.

For anything other than a paddock hack i would be putting a decent tyre on the car.

If you can't afford to run your STi on decent tyres and be a responsible performance car owner then you should sell it. Running on shitty Birdflu tires is just irresponsible.

May god have mercy on your soul.

TURTLE']

[quote name='Shale said:

/quote]

Really!?!?!?! I allways thought and will do until proven otherwise, that the brake test at the WOF station (with the rollers) would have bugger all tire slip on them, Or do they test it by applying force and pressure till it slips X amount.

For anything other than a paddock hack i would be putting a decent tyre on the car.

If you can't afford to run your STi on decent tyres and be a responsible performance car owner then you should sell it. Running on ****ty Birdflu tires is just irresponsible.

May god have mercy on your soul.

I feel a physics lesson coming on but can't be assed drawing a freebody diagram to figure where the static coefficient of friction would come into play for a braking force test. Initial thoughts are that grippier tyres would allow the brakes to apply a greater amount of stopping power.