Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

The Single Turbo Conversion Thread 2.0

ReubenH

infinite said:

u know people have been puting evo ecu's in gsr's for years with great results. 1800cc to 2ltrs also got my bh5 motor runing in my bg5 and its ideling fine and driving great apart from it not having a iacv atm.

if you are using a v5/6 STI ECU and your stock EJ208 engine in the conversion the detonation will kill it, here: http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,6622.0.html

&

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,7978.30.html

infinite said:

u know people have been puting evo ecu's in gsr's for years with great results.

Evo and GSR ecu's shit on any early subaru ones, heaps off room for big power.

we need a compression chart.

in other news,

converting bg5a auto to manual single, i've found the waterpipes are a right PITA. with the single T intercooler, they foul the Ypipe. even bending the existing lines, theres little room for the clutch master/fork. you really should swap over the metal lines as Reubs describes.

also, finding the wires for neutral and reverse on the auto loom took me some time. had to pull apart the automatic switch encoder thing. note i assume the ignition safe should probably be bypassed as well. (auto only allow start on Park and Neutral)

infinite said:

u know people have been puting evo ecu's in gsr's for years with great results. 1800cc to 2ltrs also got my bh5 motor runing in my bg5 and its ideling fine and driving great apart from it not having a iacv atm.

hahahahahalol, thats not the bg5 youre selling because it wont run properly is it?

infinite said:

So you have put a bh engine into a BG5a, and your using the standard ecu, thats designed to run grey injectors...

the iscv wont work due to it being stepper motor controlled.

I have seen plenty of people say "Its running mint mate" in reality its running rich as, and only lasts short while.

The only reason its probably working for you at the moment is its getting more fuel than it should, the bg5a fuel maps are not as aggressive as others, running less timing e.t.c, specially when compared to say a v5/6 sti ecu.

Several of us, like Gazzy2000 have had dealings with the compression difference with the bh engine.

we hve got the car to run and modifyed timing but has left the car with less performance than it should have, and its only a subaru to me at the end of the day, puting an aftermarket ecu into it would be a waste of money.

And at the end of the day when i hve a evo 5 and a evo 3 aswell as a 78 lancer with evo motor why waste more money on this. mite just throw it in a paddick and give it shit till it dies.

• 3 weeks later...
 kamineko said:

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,9493.0.html

you want a single turbo ecu. someone will explain the version you need and the preferred ecu, due to the compression ratio of your engine

DANYONE KNOW WHATS THE BEST SOLUTION WHEN IT COMES TO ECU ON A SINGLE TURBO MY01 LEGACY MANUAL GTB?

ALL IDEAS WILL BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

I HAVE NOW COME TO THE END OF MY PROJECT AND HAVE LOTS OF PICS COMING IN.

THE ONLY THING BETWEEN ME AND A PROPER TEST DRIVE IS TO OVERCOME THE ECU ISSUE,

PARTS LIST

EXHAUST HEADER

DOWN PIPE AND UP PIPE

DE-CAT CENTRE

SILICONE HOSE SET

INTERCOOLER-RED TOP P1 STI

TD05 20G TURBO

PINK INJECTORS

SPLIT RAIL FUEL

356MM BIG BRAKES

SPORT AIR FILTER

BLITZ DUMP VALVE

• 2 weeks later...
 gtb420']

[quote name='kamineko said:

url]http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,9493.0.html[/url]

you want a single turbo ecu. someone will explain the version you need and the preferred ecu, due to the compression ratio of your engine

DANYONE KNOW WHATS THE BEST SOLUTION WHEN IT COMES TO ECU ON A SINGLE TURBO MY01 LEGACY MANUAL GTB?

ALL IDEAS WILL BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

I HAVE NOW COME TO THE END OF MY PROJECT AND HAVE LOTS OF PICS COMING IN.

THE ONLY THING BETWEEN ME AND A PROPER TEST DRIVE IS TO OVERCOME THE ECU ISSUE,

PARTS LIST

EXHAUST HEADER

DOWN PIPE AND UP PIPE

DE-CAT CENTRE

SILICONE HOSE SET

INTERCOOLER-RED TOP P1 STI

TD05 20G TURBO

PINK INJECTORS

SPLIT RAIL FUEL

356MM BIG BRAKES

SPORT AIR FILTER

BLITZ DUMP VALVE

if you have pink injectors:

(1) no stock/standard v5/6 WRX ECU runs pinks AFAIK

(2) if they are factory injectors i.e. you didnt fit them in yourself, i'd be determining if you car is a rev D because IIRC rev D did come out in late 2001 and they come with pinks AFAIK.

What i am getting at is not many ppl (none that i know of) have done the TT to ST on a rev D, so info on what ECU to use and what the plug arrangement is like at the ECU will be hard to come by, some one will jump in here if they know different..

Maybe start up your own thread in the garage section here: http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/board,73.0.html and maybe start by posting your model & code details so we can take a look. cud prolly just take a pic of the plate, heres mine for example:

ff4jde24.0rw.JPG

gazzy2000']

[quote name='mattapo said:

The problem with rev d is not the ecu but the wirig.

/quote]

still waiting to hear back about the model from this chap

hey, his engine number is EJ2088WDBE does anyone know much about these?

He also has 5 plugs at the ECU so i am guessing this is a rev D yea?

• 2 weeks later...