Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Preparing a road car for track day use

Joker

caspros']

[quote name='tim13 said:

sorry guys , speaking as a licenced msnz scrutineer your car should turn off imediately with ignition or kill switch , I am sure many of you will have been slipping through as its not commonly checked , I will look into getting mine wired through the handbrake so turbotimer only operates with handbrake on cause that seems the smartest compromise , any idea who the best guy in auckland is for avs work ?

/quote]

Interestingly my car can be turned off completely with the kill switch, yet a licensed MSNZ scrutineer wrote into my log book that I had to *remove* my turbo timer, not just turn if off when racing.

+2.

Mine is still in the car but unplugged..

I get asked quite often..

One of these days i will take it out...

Guest boostin

Yeah all you need is another switch between the turbo timer and the ECU. Not hard to do.

Personally I hate turbo timers. Every turbo car I have bought has had one and I have ripped it out. Learn how to treat a turbo properly. The majority are water cooled these days anyway.

• 2 years later...

New motorsport nz schedule A requirement wording for fire extinguishers:

(3) Mounting / Location: Extinguishers shall be installed in accordance with the following:

(a) For hand-held extinguishers, a metal retaining system incorporating a quick

release metal strap/s shall be fitted (a minimum of two(2) metal straps shall be

required from 1 January 2013), secured to the structure of the vehicle by a

minimum of two(2) self locking threaded metal fasteners (bolts) with panel

washers. All hand-held extinguishers shall be positioned within easy reach of the

occupant/s while in their normally seated position.

So for those buying/replacing fire extinguishers/mountings in the near future, make sure you get one you won't have to replace again next year!

Mine only has one, fail.

• General Member
 MercuryFree said:

(3) Mounting / Location: Extinguishers shall be installed in accordance with the following:

release metal strap/s shall be fitted (a minimum of two(2) metal straps shall be

washers. All hand-held extinguishers shall be positioned within easy reach of the

So for those buying/replacing fire extinguishers/mountings in the near future, make sure you get one you won't have to replace again next year!

Mine only has one, fail.

Not sure im reading that right... It must have two metal straps? Or two mounting points?

- Edit -

On re,re,re read its 2 metal straps and 2 mounting bolts right?

Johnnynz']

[quote name='MercuryFree said:

quote](3) Mounting / Location: Extinguishers shall be installed in accordance with the following:

Mine only has one, fail.

Not sure im reading that right... It must have two metal straps? Or two mounting points?

- Edit -

On re,re,re read its 2 metal straps and 2 mounting bolts right?

Yeah that's what I'm taking from it. The mounting bolt wording is the same as the old version