Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

brake line braket for BC Coilovers...? Help

I have a set of the red BC Coilovers, bought them 2nd hand of a fellow CS'er here in wellies.

They didnt have the brakets to hold your brake lines as are required for WOF.. he said you can buy them which i had no reason to suspect was false.

I have finally got round to looking and all the suspension places say they dont come as a part you can buy. I have checked all the struts and they dont look to have been cut off..?

Can you in fact buy them? If you cant buy them what is or are warrantable solutions?!

p.s no malice at the CS'er who sold them, he is a frequent poster here and will be following up with him about what he meant.

dubbedup said:

yep as its only a bracket to stop your line rubbing and wearing thru, had to do it with my fronts a few years ago and will have to do it on my new set as welll.

The BC's are like standard struts, the large bottom mounting flange that mounts to the hub.. Although mine are threaded to adjust adjust the over all height. Thus tacking on a small braket to the bottom of the strut is all sweet?

I just want to be 110% sure

As your gonna need a cert for the coilovers - why not check with the certifier whats acceptable? I know Andy Ward is reasonable to deal with by all accounts.

I had a feeling I had heard of another coilover manufacturer providing these for sale recently too, as their coilovers didnt come with them either - but cant remember who it was sorry.

Munkvy said:

As your gonna need a cert for the coilovers - why not check with the certifier whats acceptable? I know Andy Ward is reasonable to deal with by all accounts.

I had a feeling I had heard of another coilover manufacturer providing these for sale recently too, as their coilovers didnt come with them either - but cant remember who it was sorry.

details on Andy would be very helpful so i could ask.. and for any help locating "Bolt on" brakets..

Much love if you could.

Oh.. viv, i also have some tie rod ends and lower arm ball joints to give you. I dont need em, and you like damaging front hubs so they are yours dude if you want em.

one option that has occured to me would be to use ABS line brackets - as from memory you can pull them off easily enough and you could fit them over a brake line and they would effectively do the same function? Just need to get a 2nd set of them from pickapart?

Andy is:

http://www.lvvta.org.nz/LVV%20Certifier%20List.pdf

I will PM you about the suspension bits.

Vivian

All they need to be is secured. I wouldnt be welding on a set of gas struts but what i would do it go and see a wrecker, find a honda and get the brake line bracket off the standard stuts from them.

They arent fixed on so you could put them on yours and hold them with a hose clamp. Ive done this and was more than acceptable by the certifier.

When i put the Buddyclub coilovers on the Spec c, they had a bracket, but the factory hose clips wouldn't attach. I just put the clips on and cabletied (securely) them to the brackets.

Showed the certifier and he said, fine, no problem, so it's not a huge deal...

Just remember, however you attach them, they can't be able to come loose...

sorry to get back to you late. been busy with a crap legacy. dont ever get one!

Jamie made a set of these for ADR and was fitting it in his car on Saturday.

its not hard to make one up. just need a drill vice and some alloy strip.

i'll see if i can make a set for you. i was ment to make a set up for those BC awhile back now but keep forgetting about it.

i'll head out to ngao tomorrow to the scrap metal yard to get some ally strips.

how soon do you need them?