Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Boy racers escape from high-speed Dunedin smash

Guest *RAYDEO*

I believe Leith means he is employed by a respectable company doing respectable work.

anyway I've just been had a quick looksee at the skid marks... and driving past i cant make much sense of it.. the angle of the skids into the sidewalk seem to be at the wrong angle... something very odd happened..

was talking to my bro about it.. we reckon it may have been a white fozzy or wrx hatch. there just arn't many white legacies that boost around like that in town

matdaymon']

[quote name='Swindog said:

Ive already been threatend because of the car i drive....i just love people judging me...b]they get a shock when i tell them what i do and who im doin git for at the moment[/b] :)

What exactly do you mean by that Swindog? And I'm assuming it's the uneducated annoyed non car enthusiasts that are threatening you?

Id like to say they are uneducated non car enthusiasts but i cant judge like they can.

I was a builder. Im a project manager now and if you want respectable, my company has the project management for the Otago stadium should it go ahead and i currently work the Ministry of Justice rebuilding the Ingill Courthouse. Whats funny is the other day i saw a mitsi goin for down the main drag with an hsv beside him goin for it racing and the driver of the hsv was an older guy (older being more than 40 by the looks) with his kids in the back. Just proves, everyone in any car is capable of doin this sort of thing.

Guest Rugged_RS

wow man these guys are lucky to be alive.. but with retarded speeds like 100+kph in a 60kph zone.. my god, why did it have to be in a subaru!! i mean, mitsi's crumble up just as good!!!

Rugged_RS said:

wow man these guys are lucky to be alive.. but with retarded speeds like 100+kph in a 60kph zone.. my god, why did it have to be in a subaru!! i mean, mitsi's crumble up just as good!!!

Was thinking the same thing...smash up a 'yoda, not a freakin ver2!! :'(

i think raydeo should approach a journalist from stuff.co.nz or something

Lately there have been many write up on boyracers, from stories gloryfying them to people being verbally abusive...

would be a nice change to see a story about a bunch of people who own nice cars and do things in a decent and safe way :)

daleson said:

Lately there have been many write up on boyracers, from stories gloryfying them to people being verbally abusive...

would be a nice change to see a story about a bunch of people who own nice cars and do things in a decent and safe way :)

I found this not too long ago its got issues with it but a good read, I thought

Boy racers get bad rap from ageing rebels

• Admin
 daleson said:

good idea... this is the story i orginised almost 2 years ago... maybe time to do another one...

these are all CS , southern skyline, and toyspeed dunedin members...

yea i was at work, but heard all about it from people coming through drivethrough. saw the skidmarks the next day and as nick said, theyre on a very weird angle.

have seen afew white leggys n fozzys that boost around town alot, and working on crawford st during the day means i see ALL the idiots drive past up the one-way, and i can say its not just young ones, the old guys (50's +) driving V8s seem as bad, as do the middle aged businessmen in audi and bmw suv's

worst thing is in dunedin, with the growing gang population, we are getting a higher number of those stupid lil wanna be gangsta kids with no respect for the law driving unsafe cars in unsafe manners. this is only going to get worse, leaving us law abiding car enthusiasts unable to enjoy our hobby

Guest Rugged_RS

honestly guys its time to VOICE our opinion i mean everything thats been said (well almost) is true, they are ruining it for the "law abiding" people the REAL car enthusiest (sorry 4 spelling)

The only way we can even start to make a difference is if we make ourselves heard, not just us though, all car clubs all members i mean there is so much that goes unheard by these people who are out to get these "boy racers" that its getting to the point where if your cars not standard your gonna get dirrty looks, or watched by locals or police, reported or blamed for things your not doing!

we need to stand up and knock them out, well maybe without the violence part but y'know we are sorta just sitting back taking the sh*t thats thrown our way due to the idiots out there that have no respect for other peoples safety etc...

sorry, had to have a rant... petitions, passive protests lots of letters and emails make them realise that not every modified car is driven by some speed crazed lunatic who wants to drag on the main st.. yknow?

ehh sorry, my bitch = over

Rugged_RS said:

honestly guys its time to VOICE our opinion i mean everything thats been said (well almost) is true, they are ruining it for the "law abiding" people the REAL car enthusiest (sorry 4 spelling)

The only way we can even start to make a difference is if we make ourselves heard, not just us though, all car clubs all members i mean there is so much that goes unheard by these people who are out to get these "boy racers" that its getting to the point where if your cars not standard your gonna get dirrty looks, or watched by locals or police, reported or blamed for things your not doing!

we need to stand up and knock them out, well maybe without the violence part but y'know we are sorta just sitting back taking the sh*t thats thrown our way due to the idiots out there that have no respect for other peoples safety etc...

sorry, had to have a rant... petitions, passive protests lots of letters and emails make them realise that not every modified car is driven by some speed crazed lunatic who wants to drag on the main st.. yknow?

Yeas i agree with that too

• Admin
 Rugged_RS said:

although it only takes one bannered car to lost traction/rev att he nights/ in some cases even be out on a friday/saturday night to accoicate us with the "bad boy racers"

in some cases i think it better for us to keep a low profile

• 14 years later...
On 18/02/2009 at 9:45 AM, RAYDEO said:

your a builder arnt you swinny?

as for the legacy... there are a few legacy's around town that seam to always be pushing the speed limit... more N/As than Turbos...

It wasn't a white legacy, they got the description wrong. It was a silver wrx wagon.

• Like 1