Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

sti8u']

[quote name='Munga said:

lol what is that baffle thing never heard of that before

Have you ever felt your car hesitate whilst boosting out of a hard right hander when your fuel level is low?

That's what it feels like when you lean your car out and potentially cause compressor surge/sneeze = bad.

This baffle imitates a Spec C STi factory fitted baffle that reduces the risk of that happening.

My personal opinion is that split fuel rails are not necessary; the fuel tank is where the problem lies.

If you want one, talk to Koom :-)

boon said:

Cut and polished the ol' bug eyes. Not yellow any more! Car looks 25 million times better.

Bad feeling I'm going to have to keep doing it over and over though to keep it looking good :(

No before and after? I was really impressed when I did it to a mates car, she didnt belive me how much it would help he see better at night, but she was shocked when she first drove it in the dark! :D

got the money pit triton back with a fresh wof! all it needed to pass was- complete LR leaf springs and diff mount u bolts, new LR damper, leaf spring mounting bushes L&R, RR tail light lense, L&R outer tie rod ends, LF lower suspension bushes, new handbrake cable, RF cv joint, near new LR dunlop grantrek mud terrain failed because it had a cut in sidewall, a few bulbs, and tighten the towball.... cant wait to get the bill for it...

Ooh, shall we start a sweepstake at guessing how much the bill will be?

I'll take a stab at $1500 if you were paying labour with new parts

Closest $ figure gets a ride in the Triton?

zarnah said:

got the money pit triton back with a fresh wof! all it needed to pass was- complete LR leaf springs and diff mount u bolts, new LR damper, leaf spring mounting bushes L&R, RR tail light lense, L&R outer tie rod ends, LF lower suspension bushes, new handbrake cable, RF cv joint, near new LR dunlop grantrek mud terrain failed because it had a cut in sidewall, a few bulbs, and tighten the towball.... cant wait to get the bill for it...

my guess is in the 3500$ mark

Seeing as it's a lovely rainy day in the Manawatu, I took the Rex out for a burn to check out my new fuel tank baffle, with 3/8ths in the tank and some serious right cornering I've seen no issues so far. It's nice not having to think about making easy rights anymore.

Had some issues with my steering though...the car's just not driving in a straight line, seems to be worse after a quick shift into second 8)

Guest vf20/21bg5
 Munga said:

Seeing as it's a lovely rainy day in the Manawatu, I took the Rex out for a burn to check out my new fuel tank baffle, with 3/8ths in the tank and some serious right cornering I've seen no issues so far. It's nice not having to think about making easy rights anymore.

Had some issues with my steering though...the car's just not driving in a straight line, seems to be worse after a quick shift into second 8)

the true test for the baffle is with a 1/4 tank to empty ;) if that surges and gulps air then maybe a surge tank would have been best in ya boot as they can run till your just above dead empty :P

lost our baby today wont be back till next Thursday :'(, depending on how long it will take to get shocks out, up to Auckland, revamped, back to Napier and back in car, the great part is that they gave us a lone car, the sad thing is its a Nana's car, so slow and ugly looking, at least my fuel bill will be cheap for this coming week lol. ;)