Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

CP93MM said:

the true test for the baffle is with a 1/4 tank to empty ;) if that surges and gulps air then maybe a surge tank would have been best in ya boot as they can run till your just above dead empty :P

I hear ya. Just got to burn some more gas to check it. One of the other fullas with this baffle said he was good to go with less than 5 litres in there so I'm feeling optimistic. I didn't want a surge tank as it's my daily; this setup is a pretty good compromise I think.

I'm not trying to run a fire breathing monster like yours!! Hey, is that a wagon? I think you own my dream car; what a beast...

Anyway, chucked a quick disconnect setup on my amp/sub today. Instant weight reduction/boot space when needed 8)

Guest vf20/21bg5
 Munga']

[quote name='CP93MM said:

the true test for the baffle is with a 1/4 tank to empty ;) if that surges and gulps air then maybe a surge tank would have been best in ya boot as they can run till your just above dead empty :P

/quote]

I hear ya. Just got to burn some more gas to check it. One of the other fullas with this baffle said he was good to go with less than 5 litres in there so I'm feeling optimistic. I didn't want a surge tank as it's my daily; this setup is a pretty good compromise I think.

I'm not trying to run a fire breathing monster like yours!! Hey, is that a wagon? I think you own my dream car; what a beast...

Anyway, chucked a quick disconnect setup on my amp/sub today. Instant weight reduction/boot space when needed 8)

lol all good mate im sure it will do fine....yep its a wagon, more pics here if you like (will have to go thru a few pages tho) http://s1006.photobucket.com/albums/af181/bluefluffzzz/

striped out the rear and front passenger seats, removed all the tar 'sound insulator' and the carpet insulation, preping the car ready for the roll cage. :) :)

By god what a difference to power it makes and handling. ;D

nt_a_foz said:

Found grease flung everywhere under surfasaurus from a split boot....average means i have to do something about it i guess lol.....have got all the stuff to service her also..

I hope u have a hoist as the inner circle of bolts on these are usually farken tight (broke my 17mm ring spanner undoing these )

Question for the genius-types around these parts.

The black paint that peels off and reveals shiny metal around the windows on Imprezas. Special kind of paint? Or just any ol' matte black crap? My door trim is returning to silver and the wipers need a lick too.

Shale said:

Question for the genius-types around these parts.

The black paint that peels off and reveals shiny metal around the windows on Imprezas. Special kind of paint? Or just any ol' matte black crap? My door trim is returning to silver and the wipers need a lick too.

mine has startd to do this aswel.stil black but you can also see silver coming thru.im also keen to see what paint to use.im sure a light scuff with some light sand paper and mayb use some trim black from a spray can?give it a couple coats,

I'm looking at doing mine properly, as these cars are my pride and joy. I've got a spray kit and compressor so doing a bit of trim work is no problemo. Pull things to pieces, do some masking and spend some time getting it even...

Need to do the sideskirts too, Smurff knows what I mean ::) Later in the year when I actually have money I'll get me some of the correct paint. Anyone else that has a car in 86F (Blue Steel), holla... I'll probably have spare :)

Johnnynz said:

The gold is growing on me...

Jared you may have a buyer for those when Shayla is done with them if you want to sell.

I have 3 sets of rims why not 4???

Plus 16's are soooo cool

lol I have a set of gold ones with good tires for sale if your keen? or know anyone keen? :)

Picked up a short shift kit from Scarles Performance in Avondale..

Very reasonably priced, will report back on it's functionality once I get my gearbox replaced (fingers crossed for this weekend, readosnr..)

• General Member
 Freddy']

[quote name='Johnnynz said:

The gold is growing on me...

Jared you may have a buyer for those when Shayla is done with them if you want to sell.

I have 3 sets of rims why not 4???

Plus 16's are soooo cool

/quote]

Pretty poor atm, moving town in 2 weeks :(

Hence why Jareds look a good option, I know there in use atm ha ha.

lol I have a set of gold ones with good tires for sale if your keen? or know anyone keen? :)

gmeago said:

Picked up a short shift kit from Scarles Performance in Avondale..

Very reasonably priced, will report back on it's functionality once I get my gearbox replaced (fingers crossed for this weekend, readosnr..)

I got one before I left on holiday too! Reasonably priced.

It didn't come with instructions, and there were a few extra bits left over after installation. So am not too sure how it was supposed to fit.

Needed a huge block of wood, my leg as bracing and a huge hammer to get it into the ball joint.

On my V7, a bit of metal from the surrounding plate had to be ground off.

added extra grease where I saw fit.. ended up being nice and tactile.. it did increase the shifting force a bit..