• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

back on topic

port matched the Garrett for the Coupe tonight

A quick media blast on the turbine housing tomorrow and its going back together

Bigger, better , faster

Then next mission - crack testing the drivetrain... box out, full strip - diff out and strip

clean all parts and send for testing, then reassemble if ok

Just to be safe ! ahhh It never ends

Timmah said:

Does having fun driving it count? I was putting along thinking, yay look at me driving my car, best thing in the world!

*Has no funds to be doing any modifications atm.

/spam.

It should be haha, I love driving my car too haha. =D

It feels good huh?

Lampard']

[quote name='Timmah said:

Does having fun driving it count? I was putting along thinking, yay look at me driving my car, best thing in the world!

*Has no funds to be doing any modifications atm.

/spam.

/quote]

It should be haha, I love driving my car too haha. =D

It feels good huh?

I know, just had one of those days where I was like "hell yeah I'm driving"

At around 4.30pm 18/07/2011 i loaded up the 96 with a couple bottles of water a gas cooker and some food and went to start my first shift at my new security job. 16 Hours long. Atleast i have sounds and a portable tv and of course clubsub to keep me awake

Jason47 said:

At around 4.30pm 18/07/2011 i loaded up the 96 with a couple bottles of water a gas cooker and some food and went to start my first shift at my new security job. 16 Hours long. Atleast i have sounds and a portable tv and of course clubsub to keep me awake

Woah! That's an awesome idea haha, sucks how you work so long! =\

Lampard']

[quote name='Jason47 said:

/quote]

yea i hope a good impression is made lol decent job tho sitting round. Started carrying gas cooker after february 22nd earthquake saves eating cold food all the time on a long cold night

Jason47']

/quote]

yea i hope a good impression is made lol decent job tho sitting round. Started carrying gas cooker after february 22nd earthquake saves eating cold food all the time on a long cold night

Oh right, what do you do actually haha? Look after the place in your car? =D

Lampard']

/quote]

i am parked on a closed road making sure only residents or contractors go thru the road block

Jason47']

/quote]

i am parked on a closed road making sure only residents or contractors go thru the road block

Oh sweet hahha, I want that job haha. Got space for one more? =P

I'm nice and quiet, I will sleep in the back seats haha. :D

Lampard']

/quote]

haha. Actually alot of companies are looking for security staff just need to apply through the ministy of justice for a certificate of approval - clean record required + it costs almost 200 for the cert. Luckily my fiancee lent me the money and covered my end of the rent while i waited for it to come through

Jason47']

/quote]

haha. Actually alot of companies are looking for security staff just need to apply through the ministy of justice for a certificate of approval - clean record required + it costs almost 200 for the cert. Luckily my fiancee lent me the money and covered my end of the rent while i waited for it to come through

Oh right hahha, I'm 16 I dont think I can get one haha. :-\

DRFVDR']

[quote name='nt_a_foz said:

Drove the surf on the weekend and htought how much better itd be if i just bit the bullet and 1UZ it lol

/quote]

Doooo eeeet! Although it is defo not cheap by any means. Buying the engine is pretty cheap but all the rest of the mucking around adds up quite fast.

Got a mate that wired up his 1UZ into his hiace and will do for me with factory ecu and lexus box, Mounts can be bought off trademe, then all the little gay s*** but more than capable of doing the majority if not all of it at home myself so wouldnt be 2 bad. His one cost him $4k doing majority himself.

Heaps more expensive if you pay a shop and run a link though

I cant remember if the transfer case from the 1UZ powered landcruiser has the front output on the same side as the surf,if so get the engine/trans from one of these as the it will be AWD to...

Can run adaptor plate on the lexus box to surf transfer case according to Kelvin from Cartune company so thats all good

Dv8er - FSTWRX']

Drove the surf on the weekend and htought how much better itd be if i just bit the bullet and 1UZ it lol

/quote]

Doooo eeeet! Although it is defo not cheap by any means. Buying the engine is pretty cheap but all the rest of the mucking around adds up quite fast.

Got a mate that wired up his 1UZ into his hiace and will do for me with factory ecu and lexus box, Mounts can be bought off trademe, then all the little gay s*** but more than capable of doing the majority if not all of it at home myself so wouldnt be 2 bad. His one cost him $4k doing majority himself.

Yea I worked it out to be about $5-5.5k to do the conversion myself with a w55-w59 G/B + bell housing adapter etc. So your about right if your planning to use the Auto, which won't be as much fun :P

And yea worked out about 3.5k on if you went Link G4 + tuning costs. And about 5k in labour if you paid someone to do it all for you.

In the end it just worked out cheaper to buy one with all the hard work etc done.

yeah i can sell my old engine for a reasonable amount being the 1KZ so shouldnt cost f all at all.

Auto just makes it easier by the time you buy a clutch, flywheel, pedal box etc, gearbox and all the bits and pieces lol

nt_a_foz']

/quote]

I cant remember if the transfer case from the 1UZ powered landcruiser has the front output on the same side as the surf,if so get the engine/trans from one of these as the it will be AWD to...

Can run adaptor plate on the lexus box to surf transfer case according to Kelvin from Cartune company so thats all good

Would be way better in my opinion as an AWD :)

DRFVDR']

/quote]

yeerrr i was meaning you can run the lexus box with the surf transfer case to keep it awd.

replaced cam-belt, tensioner, idlers, water-pump, antifreeze. then oil change & filter, & rotate wheels check an adjust all tire pressures all sweet. sorry on v10 2r impreza.

nt_a_foz']

/quote]

yeerrr i was meaning you can run the lexus box with the surf transfer case to keep it awd.

Is the surf box AWD, I thought they were all part time ??

DRFVDR said:

Had one of the vans make a funny noise yesterday running on the MT and then was rattling like it was the end of the world :( thought the worst (blown head gasket/run bearing)...

After some thought and some checks this morn,good oil level/pressure,no bubbles in coolant,starts and runs well just really rattly, thought I wonder if the timing is right, so removed timing belt cover( 10 minute job, 6 bolts and then some wiggling of cover) I found that it is one tooth out, scratching head thinking how the F did that happen the timing belt/idler/adjuster has done about 10k k/m so should be mint,then.............................

I seen this

photo.JPG

somethings been thru the belt ??

have no idea what

Replaced the cambelt/tensioner/idler today

found the 6mm nut that caused it :(

starts and runs fine thank god for that

MAKE SURE YOUR NUTS ARE TIGHT :)