Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Radiator thought it'd be fun to throw all it's water throughout the engine bay.. Needa get it checked at some stage. Second time it's packed a sad and done that. Could be a blockage this time.. but if i need a new radioator I might just get an aftermarket one. It'll be cheaper than getting it fixed.

Enervated said:

Radiator thought it'd be fun to throw all it's water throughout the engine bay.. Needa get it checked at some stage. Second time it's packed a sad and done that. Could be a blockage this time.. but if i need a new radioator I might just get an aftermarket one. It'll be cheaper than getting it fixed.

around 190 for a new side tank, aftermarket,well theres a few threads on here about them

Enervated said:

Must be the season, my B4 just did the same thing. The aftermarket Alloy radiators are prone to being 'eaten through' by your coolant within 1 year, I went down that route with two of my cars and both now run standard radiators again.

Started the inter cooler flip. Relocated the horn on both cars and found out the turbo with the 4" cover is going to pita cos the top feed rails are right in the way.

Once again thanks to funky for all the help

B4 2000']

[quote name='Stoffa said:

plugged the link in, got the laptop connected ;)

/quote]

nice, when is it abck on the road??

let's see who beat the other person back lol. my car should be re-tuned this coming tuesday ;)

My autosparky ran out of time and he's busy for the next week, the loom is made and connected enough to run the car, so I'll get it tuned then he'll come back and pull the loom back out to finish wrapping it with split hose.

Haven't turned it over yet, need my new injectors set up first

Changed the sparkplugs for my first time yesterday! had some help from mercuryfree! Churrr. Solved my boost issues- just the sparkplugs..back at 1.1bar..;D

Also changed the oil and cleaned the afm. Car runs way better now, but now I'm bored and need to take it to the track!!!

Andddd sorted out a link g4 which I'll be picking up on Saturday :D

Finished removing front mount and fitted topmount.had to remount and wire and plumb up the water meth. went for a test and was running like balls. connected laptop and found it was retarding the timing. i Dont know why but even though the ecu is told not to its learning and adding timing reduction. its picking up false knock. so i played with some of the knock value so now it shouldn't do it. reflashed and tested. way better. intake temps are right down so as i thought the turbo was working to hard and blowing hot air however it was not the piping sizing as i thought but a boost leak. will need to do more testing but i think i may have it sorted for the moment.

Went to drive it for first time in a month. Found it wouldn't start with battery at 6v. Jumped it and it idled for two minutes and then started to die. Punching throttle it was struggling but trying until it just died. Altenator must be poked.