Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Marky said:

On mitsis the trick is to replace the transmission end bushes with skateboard wheel bearings haha

Takes some slop out thats for sure... Could potentially be harder on gearbox if you get all Brian spilner on the changes?

And hard mount the shifter base with washers ae.

I cut my libero stick down could slam gears real quick sometimes the box didnt catch up. Couldve had something to with it failing... Proper short shifters are actually built geometrically correct arent they? Dont think Ill cut another one down just early evo/lancer dont have an aftermarket option available.

V6 STi and some foresters etc have a real tight close shifter stock even shorter than mine which is something fancy.

Marky said:

On mitsis the trick is to replace the transmission end bushes with skateboard wheel bearings haha

Takes some slop out thats for sure... Could potentially be harder on gearbox if you get all Brian spilner on the changes?

You can buy aluminum bushings about $8 the pair that slip in with a lip and circlip so they cant fall out off ebay.

Got OBD2 VAG-COM Audi Cable in the mail.

Installed internet drivers on Sony laptop, downloaded Romraider and plugged it all in.....and it WORKS! - able to log data from ECU - can\'t believe how much data the ECU is watching....everything from intake air temp/pressure, fuel pump duty cycle, RPM (as expected) , power steering switch, brake switch, even down to the bloody window defogger!

Also recieved the ELM 327 Wifi OBD2 interface...gonna try the ipad app now....

Best part of the VAG-COM is the cool blue led... ;D

link to NASIOC \'how-to\' for Virtual Dyno/ECU Logging:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2108996

Downloaded FreeSSM v1.2.5 and tried with new VAG-COM cable. After adjusting COM Port to 1, software works flawlessly. Can clear fault codes, adjust idle (with A/C on or off) and bias ignition timing.

Anyone know what sort of timing adjustment will work for a 100 octane-RSK B4 to run on the "Awesome" 98 we sell in NZ without pinging?

Had a play in some mud

DSCF1300_zps6eef7437.jpg

Did front camber plates, dropped the front more, maxed the camber, literally punched the guard lip back in since there was a huge gap after the camber.

Washed it, got some better pics

DSCF1324_zps64719129.jpg

DSCF1322_zpsc4a1aca8.jpg

DSCF1327_zps890a0ffb.jpg

Desperately needs a front lip, open to donations for the cause of low :P

Installed replacement set of iridiums, Old (standard) plugs at least 100k old and not looking good, Can\'t beat ebay $44us delivered for set of 4 plugs. Unfortunately car seems to be drinking water so it\'s off the road now for some love and investigation.

funkytown said:

if they are GGA (V7 WRX) in r160 they will bolt up... shouldnt be whacky at all. axles play no part in this btw. Agree those are bog standard 2pot rears.

did you have caliper placed against the correct side of the mount.

what is the car / brake combo from factory you\'re placing this onto?

Seems the boys in the workshop were either on the crack pipe or there are some communication challenges on the floor...

\'Big gap\' turns out to really mean \'wont fit\' (for several reasons, as ever if you want something done properly do it yourself)

The STi callipers are clearly for ventilated rotors, apparently a feature my bugeye does not have. The bolt holes are in the right place but there is not enough clearance to fit the STi calliper between the mount plate on the back of the hub and the rotor

jlzegBd.jpg

These are the current callipers, std Impreza items rather than WRX?

o6BqbQb.jpg

So it appears I will need ventilated rotors and hub upgrade?

optmspotts said:

IMG_0961_zps44366bee.jpg

Spent hours installing the Kartboy short shifter and bushings but hooooooly crap it was all worth it.

Didn\'t realise how mushy the stock setup was. Now the throws are obviously shorter and the shifter just slots into gear. Transmission whine that I had read people complaining about online is not an issue at all... Probably because I applied heaps of lithium grease.

Get your own SS from here.

Nice work :) I had a look on that site for one for a 5 speed. For my rs but could t find one aye. Anyone know if gfb make one and where to get one from?

VADZTER']

[quote name='optmspotts said:

Spent hours installing the Kartboy short shifter and bushings but hooooooly crap it was all worth it.

Didn\'t realise how mushy the stock setup was. Now the throws are obviously shorter and the shifter just slots into gear. Transmission whine that I had read people complaining about online is not an issue at all... Probably because I applied heaps of lithium grease.

Get your own SS from url=http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Kartboy-Short-Shifter-and-Bushing-Combo-Subaru-STI-2004-2011]here.[/url]

Nice work :) I had a look on that site for one for a 5 speed. For my rs but could t find one aye. Anyone know if gfb make one and where to get one from?

Easiest way to find out would be to contact them directly.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=2126183

Watched the tacho move upwards coming out a roundabout while the speedo stayed still for a second

Fckit

Running superlowboost for a while till I get the bits for new clutch & will do gearbox swap (to shorter ratios) at the same time

Just in time - been on one income in the house for a couple months since I moved north, soon as wfiey gets work the first paycheck is already getting me trying to dibs it haha

Marky said:

Watched the tacho move upwards coming out a roundabout while the speedo stayed still for a second

Fckit

Running superlowboost for a while till I get the bits for new clutch & will do gearbox swap (to shorter ratios) at the same time

Just in time - been on one income in the house for a couple months since I moved north, soon as wfiey gets work the first paycheck is already getting me trying to dibs it haha

If you want a new cheap genuine sti uprated one let me know. Mine was $360 by memory invoice is in my build thread.

boon said:

I quite like how that sits but just how much does it rub in the back?

If i\'m perfectly honest it rubs quite a lot

But i\'m used to it so i\'m not worried any more, car will be a weekend warrior in a few weeks anyway as i\'m getting a laurel on friday that I will get on the road and daily

That makes sense, the station wagon for a toy and the drift missile Nissan for daily

You have things backwards y0 haha

Looks good though, between yours and evowrx I\'m converted to liking the impreza wags - used to think they were weird looking

I can\'t stand scrapage, drives me insane - but yours looks like even just going down in tyre size could be enough to sort it? Might just be an illusion but backs look higher profile than front?

evowrx']

[quote name='Marky said:

Fckit

/quote]

If you want a new cheap genuine sti uprated one let me know. Mine was $360 by memory invoice is in my build thread.

Yeah I\'ll be taking you up on that soon enough, haven\'t done a suby gearbox before but theres more than enough guides online

Marky']

[quote name='Marky said:

Fckit

/quote]

Yeah I\'ll be taking you up on that soon enough, haven\'t done a suby gearbox before but theres more than enough guides online

So much easier than mitzi its really not that much work at all. Well imo but mine isnt TT. Basically everything south of the flywheel comes off right back to the rear diff. Itll be so much fun you\'ll want to do it again and again. Note its a hell of a lot easier with 2 people but definitely possible with 1 even putting it back in. You can follow your nose though youre good at that.

Few things well 2: the clutch fork pin and the cv pins only go in one way make sure theyre lined up correctly.

Marky said:

That makes sense, the station wagon for a toy and the drift missile Nissan for daily

Looks good though, between yours and evowrx I\'m converted to liking the impreza wags - used to think they were weird looking

I can\'t stand scrapage, drives me insane - but yours looks like even just going down in tyre size could be enough to sort it? Might just be an illusion but backs look higher profile than front?

Good! Submit to the GF8\'s, you know you want one.

I\'m running 215/45 front and rear, recently came down from 225/45 in the back.

I hate having 45\'s though, look like fucken balloons, will look into 215/40 all round in the future.

Roo']

[quote name='Marky said:

/quote]

Good! Submit to the GF8\'s, you know you want one.

I\'m running 215/45 front and rear, recently came down from 225/45 in the back.

I hate having 45\'s though, look like fucken balloons, will look into 215/40 all round in the future.

Im running 215/40/17 way nicer ride than 215/35/18 back to back. When it was the lowest I had it I was getting rub front and back just driving round town. Mainly on the bumper mounts I think though. Similar height to yours. I might go to 215/45/17 next time to run those ZU37\'s but we\'ll see.