Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

I\'m not too sure, just going by what I was told. In the little box bottom right it says Less boost, Out of injectors and fuel pump, det.

I was actually running 20 PSI during the beginning but we had to turn it down to 18.5 because the tuner said it was too lean to even do a pull.

(I was boosting around on 20 psi the day before....oops!)

vid

Put it this way - add in some 30 degree weather or something and you could see some bad times

There\'s a difference between a tuned motor being setup at X AFR and boost etc - and a factory ecu etc just literally being maxed out at 100% duty cycle

(That said at least upgrading to slightly bigger squirters isn\'t terribly hard or $$ these days)

kamineko']

[quote name='kamineko said:

grinding my way back into the game..

ruapuna-owned-garage-fire-cooked-weather-rusted sti ra input shaft VS makita power drill with wire brush

fark yeah! nice to move forward for a change

/quote]

7 months later, gearbox complete!

well... 16 months actually. damn i want to drive my car

after washing all the tiny bits i forgot how f**king heavy it is when put back together

many thanks to Al who helped me with the syncro parts :D THANKS! you\'re awesome

you wouldnt have a rev idler cog for that box Nick/AL?

funkytown']

[quote name='gotasuby said:

My green wagon was a running 12.2afr at 27psi boost and it wouldn\'t be b]what I would call[/b] lean?

and you were you\'re own tuner so there you go. you in effect agree with me ;)

Mines 12.2 WOT by GCP. IAT trim tho so summer/winter no bothers.

No couldn\'t find one, the one I lined up the guy sold it and didn\'t tell me pissed me off. I wouldn\'t buy sight unseen and would have to if I went outside of akld and there are none around here I was interested in. Need one quick as starlet as died a death shame guess wasn\'t meant to be.

Johnnynz said:

New turbo fitted by Slydog, turns out I had a VF23 not a VF22... Opps. VF22 is in now and hopefully get the tune looked at next week.

Glad you was happy with it! Will be good to see what Keith things of it now too

evljat said:

Here\'s a scan

4kpspowb.tqo.jpeg

Not sure why it\'s that laggy. Maybe need a new boost controller.

That is so awsum

My mate had similar mods on his v3 Sti and only made like 170kw

Think he had 180km but still ur one is super nice on the power side

12.3 is not too lean by yea on hot days cud cause issues if u boost it hard

Be better if was lower tho

But all in all nice effort man

On the stock Ecu the timing migh not be ideal hence they got det

Are u planning Ecu change next?

Marky']

[quote name='ballsrburning said:

Piss around with the fuel tank fabrication, install some new endless pads on the race car and bought this:

URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ballsrburning/media/278139594_zps00707c02.jpg.html]278139594_zps00707c02.jpg[/url]

How do you find it? I was looking at them for wifey as well - they seem like a lot of car for the money

Trade me, it may be a nightmare but a good mate of mine is a master Audi/ vw mechanic trained in the uk so I can get things done cheap. Cam belt is costing box of beer.

They don\'t have the best rep and its basically a passat so you would save loads if you get a vw. Both us drove this car and it was all good so worth the risk. According to research I did they break a lot mine however only has to do 25 km a day.

slydog']

[quote name='Johnnynz said:

New turbo fitted by Slydog, turns out I had a VF23 not a VF22... Opps. VF22 is in now and hopefully get the tune looked at next week.

/quote]

Any difference back to back untuned?

• General Member
 evowrx']

[quote name='Johnnynz said:

/quote]

Any difference back to back untuned?

Feels like its quicker on boost but I havent really given it a good thrash yet. I want to check AFR first.

I am thinking this might find me an extra few KW tuned. I will put up a back to back Dyno sheet when its tuned. It will be a back to back direct comparison as nothing has changed except the turbo.

SP00N said:

Are u planning Ecu change next?

Probably next year but not yet. The engine spits oil from the BOV when and driver\'s side heads knock when cold. I want to rebuild/forge it. Then a G3 or G4, fuel pump, injectors.

Still need to get it certed as well...

Full time student + only working few hours a week = not a lot of money to spend on cars :(