Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

First off, no iI do not have anything other than bad luck.

Secondly, yes I do have insurance and will be calling them in the morning.

Back story, I went around a 90° corner at about 40kph and got blinded thanks to mega sunstrike. I know the corner well and know people are often coming the other way. I didn\'t wanna go right and cross the centre line so I pulled the wheel left a little. Got on some very loose gravel and just plougued straight into a massive power pole right next to the road and mid corner. It only took a split second but I was totally blinded. I\'m OK, car isn\'t.

Engine flush, upper engine cleaner and oil change.

In the process of trying to find a vacuum hose to remove, broke the plastic tube going to the intake manifold from the thing indicated below. Can anyone tell me what it is? Would it cost me much to replace? Want to replace it asap so probably have to get a new one, don\'t really want to wait for one from a wrecker.

wwmu.jpg

wrxguy']

[quote name='Nic said:

Completely stripped interior minus necessary parts. Removed AC. Now to get some pennies together for a roll cage!

/quote]

Have fun with that! ;)

My Psychic abilities see lot of back and forward in your future!

haha no way dude, i see more coming out. No dash just a few gauges and a motec digi display :)

paulngui said:

In the process of trying to find a vacuum hose to remove, broke the plastic tube going to the intake manifold from the thing indicated below. Can anyone tell me what it is? Would it cost me much to replace? Want to replace it asap so probably have to get a new one, don\'t really want to wait for one from a wrecker.

wwmu.jpg

That\'s a vacuum solenoids air filter. Do you mean you snapped the little plastic nipple on the solenoid that filter/hose goes onto?

Rosssub']

[quote name='paulngui said:

/quote]

That\'s a vacuum solenoids air filter. Do you mean you snapped the little plastic nipple on the solenoid that filter/hose goes onto?

So the hose between the filter and where it attaches to the intake appears to be a rigid plastic, which didn\'t seem to take much to make it snap. Not exactly sure how it attaches to the intake, whether there\'s a nipple or something.

paulngui said:

wwmu.jpg

Why not the vac hose that comes off the BoV?

Not that I can see. To the left of the filter it attaches to a nipple, and on the same part a loom plugs in, which you can see in the image. That portion of the hose (left of the white circular filter thing) is flexible rubber. On the other side however it\'s rigid.

[quote name='Timmah said:

Why not the vac hose that comes off the BoV?

I\'d messaged Highbrook Auto and got a message back from Alex saying that\'s where he usually does it, so thought I\'d check it out. After snapping it I ended up doing it with the hose of the BoV anyway :/

Not that I can see. To the left of the filter it attaches to a nipple, and on the same part a loom plugs in, which you can see in the image. That portion of the hose (left of the white circular filter thing) is flexible rubber. On the other side however it\'s rigid.

So the solenoid is fine, but ouch, sounds like you\'ve snapped a plastic manifold nipple maybe? Can you see the broken nipple inside the hard hose?

Rosssub said:

So the solenoid is fine, but ouch, sounds like you\'ve snapped a plastic manifold nipple maybe? Can you see the broken nipple inside the hard hose?

It broke about an inch or just under from the end, and I couldn\'t manage to remove the bit where you\'d imagine there to be a nipple, it\'s on there pretty good. So pretty stumped aye.

Yeah I\'ve got a random bit of hose that was lying around as a joiner atm, but it\'s no way near a long term solution. You reckon getting a proper vac hose as a joiner and maybe a hose clamp would be an ok long term solution? I was going to see about getting a replacement but not sure how much it\'d set me back.

Did u snap the nipple off the map sensor? (thats what im getting from my quick skim over your posts) Might have a map sensor but id have to check if so.. OR did it just brake the "rubber hose"?? thats most likly hard from the heat and was once flexable.