Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Ripped out lamco boost gauge.

Installed a prosport halo boost gauge. Not a bad piece of kit. So far so good.

Also found out the top piece of the steering wheel surround won\'t come off unless you drop the whole steering wheel or rip top piece of dash out.

So had a mare trying to undo two screws on the underside of the factory lamco gauge.

New gauge has a peak and warning setting. Havnt taken it for a decent boost yet. But on the way home my peak was 4psi lol have set the warning for 20psi

94 Leone']

[quote name='Roo said:

Broke it lol

/quote] Already!? Wow.

Sent from a brick-through your window

Just the water pump shat itself, heard it go and reacted straight away so no damage.

Was replacing it this weekend anyway lol

We are borg']

[quote name='Marky said:

Thats quite the assortment!

I got one of those $20 obd2 bluetooth dongles, got the free torque app, and like ermagerrd so merch infermaaaation

No really its quite interesting seeing stuff do stuff

/quote]

I has these 2 ( I paid for torque pro )

some interesting things i picked up

1kd hiace (2013) boost pressure spikes to 20psi, fuel rail pressure gets to about 20,000 psi

313 sprinter (2012) boost pressure spikes to 30 psi, fuel rail pressure gets to about 29,000 psi

I guess this is why common rail diesels can have problems with the high pressure pump

Yeah I bought the paid version the same night. Means I now have a proper distance to empty / l per 100k readout on both cars if I want it, bonus

The geek in me gets a kick out of seeing stuff like what the timing does, the g/sec through afm etc, for a few minutes anyway. Amazing how much info the stock ecu has to give out. Only thing it wont tell me is the ecu knock count, which was one thing I was curious to see. Can see if its pulling timing though which is at least something. If anyones curious its a genuinely good product, you can get it to log say timing vs rpm or boost or whatever and export it to excel, all that fun stuff. Just would need one of those subaru specific dongles I guess

On the fuel pressure side, thats nuts! I know the direct injection petrol stuff (like mazda mps motors and mitsi gdi etc) run 1500 -1800psi rail pressures but jebus thats a hike

In other news put a gauge and boost tap on the little lancer, much lol such zututututu noise very psi

Marky said:

I got one of those $20 obd2 bluetooth dongles, got the free torque app, and like ermagerrd so merch infermaaaation

Be careful, don\'t leave the dongle plugged in all the time. It is powered even when the car is off.

Swindog said:

T-boned by a 20ton truck.

Luckily kids and wife ok but one minced up MPV. Waiting for assessor to tell me its written off. Truckies fault, they never tend to want to stop at give way signs in TGA.

Im happy to hear that your familys ok

hijacka']

[quote name='ADIKT said:

Just went for a lunchtime cruise to see how the new boost gauge goes.

I like it. The peak functions cool, peaked at 17.8ish psi.

/quote]

Nice i like those gauges

Im actually quite impressed with it.

Read a few reviews which didn\'t sound to great but so far so good

WAAAAAAAY better than the shitty lamco

ADIKT']

[quote name='ADIKT said:

Just went for a lunchtime cruise to see how the new boost gauge goes.

I like it. The peak functions cool, peaked at 17.8ish psi.

/quote]

Nice i like those gauges

Im actually quite impressed with it.

Read a few reviews which didn\'t sound to great but so far so good

WAAAAAAAY better than the shitty lamco

For sure! Got a pic?

Ramjet']

[quote name='Marky said:

/quote]

Be careful, don\'t leave the dongle plugged in all the time. It is powered even when the car is off.

depends on the ECU set up some do some dont, also has very minimal draw so no great loss to a well maintained electrical system

Bought cheap track wheels with semis, in average condition so decided to try tidy them up. Gave up trying to sand out the curbs, lack of fucks given, so will just rely on primer/paint. Now need to decide on what colour to paint them, there needs to be pink somewhere for troll factor. Was originally looking at plastidip, but apparently doesnt hold up too well with heat and brake dust.

1970590_570709214178_572245827_n.jpg

1891303_570709179248_1975546628_o.jpg

Changed gearbox oil to Nulon 75W-90 Smooth Shift - Took longer than expected with a scissor jack and jackstands....also got lucky with the right sized open-ended spanner cos the "K" Brace gets in the way of the drain bolt..

Pulled front sway bar bushings to check out their condition - as expected need new ones. Put a dab of grease on em and reinstalled til I get new ones...

Pulled double-din kenwood headunit off to install ipod cable into CD Changer port - didnt work but now I have a permanent charge cable for my iphone 3

Damn that looks tidy

Back to the group n tune, still a few bugs to iron out but its running well. Reprogrammed boost controller for 20 psi with crazy spool as my map sensor doesnt read high enough to run the existing 22psi mapping. Car hauls arse, i love it

infinite']

1969232_641382509267428_1519971661_n.jpg

owend a possum at 100k\'s thankfully didnt damage bumper juts its skull

You get that off TM recently?

[quote name='kwi_fozze said:

Damn that looks tidy

Back to the group n tune, still a few bugs to iron out but its running well. Reprogrammed boost controller for 20 psi with crazy spool as my map sensor doesnt read high enough to run the existing 22psi mapping. Car hauls arse, i love it

Whats the number on your map sensor? I know some one with a 4 bar plug and play one they would cut you a deal on. People have had the stock sti ones run 24 something psi.

• General Member

Couldnt start it, got the dreaded single tick. I tried jumping it, no good, different battery, nothing. I got angry and left it for an hour then tried the key again to make sure it was a single tick... It starts first pop. My car thinks its funny.

Then tried adjusting Drum Brakes on my mates 323, didnt go well but on the bright side we replaced the 2 Hub mounting bolts the mechanic left off.