Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Rosssub']

[quote name='STiNGR said:

Didn\'t do anything to any of my cars today but did add another gf8 to the family.

/quote]

Boy or Girl? How old? Where\'s the Pic\'s? :P

Haha, got a complete v4 STi gf8 just missing front seats, front brakes and block and heads for $600

STiNGR']

Didn\'t do anything to any of my cars today but did add another gf8 to the family.

/quote]

Haha, got a complete v4 STi gf8 just missing front seats, front brakes and block and heads for $600

For a Project?

Rosssub']

/quote]

For a Project?

Yup, a very straight forward one. Pretty happy with the price I picked it up for. Got some good bits on it.

Timmah']

NxlCYcd.jpg

Not the smartest idea, but lighter to shrink the heat shrink!

Think i\'d be too nervous to shrink that above the fuel tank with a lighter lol. Woof goes that petrol.

[quote name='AdamOst said:

Had a spacer thing made up for the MCB, since It didnt come with the factory one.

Is that the piece that dude from GPforums made? Looking good x)

Codex']

NxlCYcd.jpg

Not the smartest idea, but lighter to shrink the heat shrink!

Think i\'d be too nervous to shrink that above the fuel tank with a lighter lol. Woof goes that petrol.

[quote name='AdamOst said:

Had a spacer thing made up for the MCB, since It didnt come with the factory one.

/quote]

Is that the piece that dude from GPforums made? Looking good x)

djkl341.jpg

Rosssub']

Squeal could be the Coating they put on the Rotors, should wear off.

I did give them a good wipe down with brake cleaner.

The CL RC6 pads are renowned for being noisy, but didn\'t expect them to squeal like a truck!

Sounds similar to this:

[quote name='Ninja 8) said:

+1 for price of rotors and who did u get them from??? They look the biz

Racebrakes

Was going to get replacement rotors to go on the DBA5000 alloy hats I had on before, but they sold their last set, and ETA for order was > 1 month.

Settled for DBA4000 1-pc T3 at $264 + GST each.

The CL RC6 pads are renowned for being noisy, but didn\'t expect them to squeal like a truck!.

I run the RC6 front and rear on my v5 type R, was using znoelli discs before and the brakes were reasonably quiet, then I changed to DBA t3 same as yours and they just turned super noisy- borderline embarrassing to drive around town. So maybe the metallurgy is different between rotors?

Great stopping power though ;D

Also fitted process west tmic today- who here runs one with the stock gc8 carbon strut brace??

zeroyon223 said:

I run the RC6 front and rear on my v5 type R, was using znoelli discs before and the brakes were reasonably quiet, then I changed to DBA t3 same as yours and they just turned super noisy- borderline embarrassing to drive around town. So maybe the metallurgy is different between rotors?

I\'m praying that a bit more bed in period for the rotors will cure it, but from research so far, its quite unlikely!

Disc brake stop squeal is a last resort.

I\'m enquiring with wingers for pad shims. Should know if they are available and if they are cheap enough to get tomorrow.

My rs29 pagids are annoyingly squeely. My neighbor commented on it when i was coming down the drive. "but but... race car" Ill take them out for winter I think after trackday, they really are a bit s*** as a daily driver pad.

Speaking of trackday, finally getting near the end of prep for next week. Made bracket to hold fire extinguisher, hopefully wont need it :/

attachment.php?attachmentid=195185&d=139

Put 20g td05 back in, after swapping to the td05h, because the td05h is rooted-ish(always smells like burning oil once up to temp). I\'ve always wanted an excuse to pull apart a turbo.

-also, possibly swapping for gf8.

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk

94 Leone said:

Put 20g td05 back in, after swapping to the td05h, because the td05h is rooted-ish(always smells like burning oil once up to temp). I\'ve always wanted an excuse to pull apart a turbo.

do it

ADIKT']

[quote name='94 Leone said:

/quote]do it

But then my car overheated. Like wtf, it\'s like a paycho girlfriend with attachment issues. Argh! Think HG again(a couple head bolts torqued quicker than others now I think about it, and probably coulda have fucked thread in the head) Fuck this motor can die in a hole. Anyone selling a cheap v5 engine that works? FML either that, or does anyone wanna buy a fucking fast kettle? Will sell cheap! Has goodies. I will keep head unit but you can have the sub and amp in it. Arrgh ffs.

It hates me. So much. Like radiator bubbles and s***, and it filled up the overflow tank after I emptied it. It was five minutes driving, if that.- like thinking about it; it is the least healthy, healthy car. I have a couple of days off, might flush cooling system, heater and all. Argh. No water in oil. The bubbling is intermittent, like sometimes happens.