Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

94 Leone said:

It hates me. So much. Like radiator bubbles and s***, and it filled up the overflow tank after I emptied it. It was five minutes driving, if that.- like thinking about it; it is the least healthy, healthy car. I have a couple of days off, might flush cooling system, heater and all. Argh. No water in oil. The bubbling is intermittent, like sometimes happens.

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk

Compression Test. :-\ Any Bubbles when Cold? Is Vac Reading different when Cold?

Pull your Thermostat out and drop it into a pot of Simmering Water on the oven. It should open instantly. Maybe the cause of your Overheat/HG...

Edit: Or use a Roasting Thermometer and heat it slowly, seeing when it opens.

Rosssub']

[quote name='94 Leone said:

It hates me. So much. Like radiator bubbles and s***, and it filled up the overflow tank after I emptied it. It was five minutes driving, if that.- like thinking about it; it is the least healthy, healthy car. I have a couple of days off, might flush cooling system, heater and all. Argh. No water in oil. The bubbling is intermittent, like sometimes happens.

/quote]

Compression Test. :-\ Any Bubbles when Cold? Is Vac Reading different when Cold?

Pull your Thermostat out and drop it into a pot of Simmering Water on the oven. It should open instantly. Maybe the cause of your Overheat/HG...

vac over last while has been about 24-25; now 29-30. Bubbles all over. Fills overflow tank pretty quick. Also, brand new thermostat from subaru.

94 Leone']

/quote]

vac over last while has been about 24-25; now 29-30. Bubbles all over. Fills overflow tank pretty quick. Also, brand new thermostat from subaru.

Sh*t. :-[ HG gone between Bore and Coolant Gallery on one Cylinder. Compression will show low on one. Also that Plug might be a different colour, or wet.

• General Member

Had a cars hate me day...

I hit a pothole in the Altezza and bucked a rim so its on a Space saver until at least the weekend and I drive out of town for work each day so a spacey doesnt cut it. I figure sweet as I will use the Mrs car and she can drive the Altezza in town. Great plan... 5 Mins later Mrs rings me and her car failed a warrant on huge rust, plans not so brilliant anymore.

Last resort use the WRX for work while both cars are fixed and the Mrs can drive the Altezza for a couple days... Start WRX and I have a boost leak. So I fix the leak and cross my fingers my bad luck run is over for a few weeks at least.

Not a great way to end a massive day.

I know how you feel race car is still not running, my dailydriver key came apart and little did I know the chip inside it that controls the immobilizer fell out, car won\'t work now had to leave it.

Need a new key have to get the car towed to garage buy key 5 day wait then take car to dealership to programme the car, another tow payment, bloody expensive day downside of Audi ownership.

Oh wow its that kinda week for me too :( just sold my run about as no longer needed, put the money down on my missus bills, using her car now as single run about..

And sure the wrx has a hg leaking, was hoping to have it all finished with my new wheels which was going to be the final piece :\'(

Got the radiator back in, filled with water, run it up and bled it. Traced the misfire to fouled plugs. Great lol maybe i will have to look into a tune.

Picked up a shroud. Hopefully my fan and adaptor plate are ready tomorrow so i can take it for a drive again

Drove the Hilux to wangas and back, coming back was making a noise under braking, get back and diagnose low pads( only thing I could find) so fitted a new set of ultimates :) should brake better than the Toyota pads that were on it ( looking at brake upgrades at the moment, seems the late model 4wd hilux dont get much in upgrades, not like the 2wd model which can get 6 pot goodness,oh well new rotors and good pads will have to do )

94 Leone said:

Well, I put a deposit down on a v5 STi longblock. $850 to go and I\'m broke for a few weeks.

Totally worth it.

Nice!

Was going to say - just sell that bloody car and move on haha

evowrx']

Well, I put a deposit down on a v5 STi longblock. $850 to go and I\'m broke for a few weeks.

Totally worth it.

/quote]

Now you just need the ecu to suit...

A7 atm,

J2 time definitely.

• General Member

After 400km of driving today I was convinced I still had my phantom boost leak and it was my Boost gauge line. I block off the line to see if that was it and nope, noise is still there.

I am starting to think its not a leak and just my imagination as the car is going fine.

Picked up my twin scroll sump from Marc ;D

Getting there!

Now I\'m waiting for turbo - then send that to Steve for billet wheel and ceramic bearings

Weighing up if I should just suck it in and purchase Marc\'s gt30

Next on the list is some headers and a few other pieces.

ADIKT said:

Picked up my twin scroll sump from Marc ;D

Getting there!

Now I\'m waiting for turbo - then send that to Steve for billet wheel and ceramic bearings

Weighing up if I should just suck it in and purchase Marc\'s gt30

Next on the list is some headers and a few other pieces.

Received my vf22/p25 ;D ;D - cheers clint (evowrx) !! !!

Now to get hold of steve murch and get it built!

Quite a few things today:

- Installed a new head unit

- Tow strap on the back

- Plasti dipped the wheels and side mirrors

- Installed my HKS BOV

- Gave it a good clean and took some photos

Now to wait until tonight to watch Captain America!

Showing off the wheels:

IMG_7199.jpg

Dat assss

IMG_7191.jpg

Gave the wife\'s car a clean too

IMG_7188.jpg