Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

AdamOst']

[quote name='loner said:

So those front panels are damaged from hitting the back of the car?

/quote]

uhhh... >_< I might have been a bit mad when it blew up after crashing it earlier and kicked it....

Oh diddly. I can understand you anger. :(

Idiot? get fucked, my re11 road tires only have ~3mm of tread, the semis had 5mm or more so regardless of compund they looked like they were a better bet, i hit a bit of standing water coming onto the corner, ran wide onto the white line and it was all over. It could have happened on any tires, which in fact it did about 1 minute later on the next corner where a 300zx on road tires hit the wall. And then an mx5 race car an hour later. Its a corner i normally do flat out in 3rd, this time i was feathering the throttle in 4th to limit wheelspin.

So 3 cars in the wall in 1 hour, more than the total number of crashes combined we have had in 15 prior trackdays. And all 3 were quite experienced people on the tack.

Also after looking at my onboard video it seems my bearings let go coming into the final sweeper at taupo, they sound find leading up to the corner but pretty rough exciting it again. Seems a bit odd.

-e- seems bmagic deleted his post.

I dunno, ill give it a week to decide, will really come down to cost. See what a rebuild is going to end up at, take it off the road for 6months and worry about it then while buying a daily, or flick a second hand engine in, get the panels fixed and flick it off. I dont really have the money to do much with it now.

Its just that as of right now it aint worth anything, but do i want to spend 5-6k fixing it up again.

Yeah, i was gutted at the time, and it sunk in today as im looking at buying a runabout in the meantime, but it was also something I new was coming. 160000kms+track use+im not exactly easy on it meant I knew itd happen one day. Its just a stink feeling when it finally does, and when you look at the cost.

The boot panels dont line up properly, or close the boot nicelt, and theres a bit of a bend you can see inside.

My two options im looking at are:

1) second hand low km short/long block, dont use it for trackdays. Probably a much cheaper option?

2) rebuild engine/get replacement rebuilt shortblock, baffle sump, use for trackdays. Assuming 3k ish for the engine+whatever labour to swap?

What sort of cost would the labour be roughly for dropping the car off for whoever to do everything, or trying to get the engine out myself and just getting a new engine built. I dont really have the space/tools for taking the engine out myself, but if the labour cost is a reasonable amount to add on to the whole rebuild thing ill try sort something else out. I guess at the least I can strip as much stuff out off the engine and transport the car with the engine as bare as possible. Really need to cut the costs down as much as possible due to cost, or ill take it off the road for 6 months and save up.

Will do once i have engine prices, it doesnt look structural so no issues with a wof, so was going to fix that up long term. Parting out is an option, but will I get much back from the car with a dead engine? gearbox also does that thing when it pops out of gear in fifth some times.

evowrx said:

Have a talk with fbssub1 hopefully he can sort you out with a V7 STI shortie. If it needs a lot of panel you may be better off parting it and buying a new track hack.

Have a word with marc also..he has a fresh rebuilt shortblock waitin for a new owner

Raced it, first time out at an event with corners. Few misfire niggles early on but once it was fixed the car was super strong.

Serious cooling issues though. Was on the H by the top of the hill lol