Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Koom said:
I reckon that silver on the manifold looks better than the red wrinkle paint that is commonly used.

Nice work!

Cheers Koom, I agree. I'm thinking when I repaint my version 7 STI manifold I'll take it in and get a can of dark mat (sti) red made up. The wrinkles still show through fine.

GDA_manifold_paint_004.jpg

Edited by Rosssub

Picked car up from auto sparky, now able to turn lights on, fuel pump, start button, fan, ignition etc can't believe battery is not dead, it's been two years and 6 months since anything electrical has worked on it, was way more excited about it than I thought i would and probably should have been.

Getting closer now.

Not today, but last weekend I replaced the wiper linkage on my 99 B4.

I can't tell you how nice it is to have wipers that stop in the correct place, rather than 5cm too high, which would annoy me like crazy and sometimes make me have to pull over and push them down if I couldn't get them to go down by switching them on and off at the right place.

Cost me $180 from Winger.

On Tuesday I had my knock sensor replaced, 2 weeks earlier the check engine light stayed on and I got code 22 off it (knock sensor) by playing with the wires with a screwdriver (just moving them around) the light went off, but it would come on when I started the car from cold. It would turn off, but considering I had to turn right from my street in the mornings in heavy traffic, it was too dangerous to wait on, so I got winger to replace it for $180 or so.

I don't know if it's my imagination, but my car feels a lot faster.

Edited by ryanstev

Skatieguy said:
Changed the oil yesterday, cleaned out the BBoD hoses and the ones joined directly onto it. Got rid of code 65 and seems to go much better in general but still getting code 66 :(

Have you cleaned out the primary boost solenoid inside the F/L guard? Might be gunked up too:

Primary_Boost_Control_TT_004.jpg

- Replaced Wiper blades with new ones.

- Took rear passengers strut to grease the crap out of it as a final attempt to stop it from being noisy. Won't find out until next week if it was a success. I doubt it.

Did think the sway bar bushes could be dry and needing a grease up. I was right, no grease at all.

Bought some speaker cable in prep to install some components.

Leave it at that height...! Looks fantastic on the XD9's! Great choice!

Disruptz said:
CYMERA_20140517_125218.jpg

Coilover seized :( daym tight, can fit a credit card in there.

Now time to get her on the transport and off to the garage for enginework + that height adjusted :D

over the last week I have spent a heap of time and money on trying to isolate a noise in my hilux, sounded like a RHF wheel bearing so changed it out nope still noisy, so lied on my back on my creeper with it in gear and 4wd with vehicle on stands and went over every bearing/universal with my stethoscope and could not fault any of them, removed front wheels and checked front rotors for run out, RHF seemed to have 10''' run out so swapped them out, still same bloody noise :(

so tomorrow will check run out on front rotors again, I am betting that there will be the same run out on the RHF, if so it is probably a run out in the drive flange :( so not sure if I will replace it or machine it

Pulled intercooler, found out what was causing the squeaks and thuds in the centre of the engine bay: Pitch stop mounting bold was loose and clip that holds heater hoses to pitch stop was broken (hoses were rubbing and squeaking). Cleaned out throttle body and maf sensor while I was at it.... Tied up a few wires with cable ties..all before 6am :)

Koom said:
For sh**s and giggles. Makes fantastic doooort noises and keeps me entertained. Absolutely no performance benefits but the fun factor has been doubled haha :)

2014-05-18130756_zps98ebd31f.jpg

Your cold air intake box did the trick. But after a year I got tired of the noise.

Timmah said:
Your cold air intake box did the trick. But after a year I got tired of the noise.

My Subaru's have always had really loud exhausts that balanced the extra sound from the pod filter, so I never knew this one was going to be soo loud! Although now I think about it, all my Subaru's have had the air box removed so I don't know what they sound like without a filter :)

I'm the opposite, without it, I miss the noise..

Koom said:
My Subaru's have always had really loud exhausts that balanced the extra sound from the pod filter, so I never knew this one was going to be soo loud! Although now I think about it, all my Subaru's have had the air box removed so I don't know what they sound like without a filter :)

I'm the opposite, without it, I miss the noise..

When will you be out with the BC at meets again koom, im sure that if you turned up we would think your a newbie member that just turned up for the first time

DacerX said:
When will you be out with the BC at meets again koom, im sure that if you turned up we would think your a newbie member that just turned up for the first time

I was hoping to send it off for tuning and cert soon but had to buy a set of tyres for the bmwfirst. So waiting for another wee while to pay that bill first :(

I felt like a newbie to the group at the dyno day haha! I want to have it ready in time for the Sep trackday. So that's my current deadline.

Koom said:
I was hoping to send it off for tuning and cert soon but had to buy a set of tyres for the bmwfirst. So waiting for another wee while to pay that bill first :(

I felt like a newbie to the group at the dyno day haha! I want to have it ready in time for the Sep trackday. So that's my current deadline.

Will be great to have ya at the meets when you're ready :)