Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Nickch iirc had his done by sochi with an aftermarket control solenoid, hit 180kw at the wheels iirc but that was right on its limit. Its a bloody nice map. Standard wrx was about 140kw at the wheels, so the tune has either brought the car back to stock or its got some serious issues....

Ive seen another car done by them which is why I asked. It had a real **** tune and boost control was completely pearshaped. Why didn't he go to dtech? I don't know either personally but from tunes Ive seen/things Ive heard I know where I would be going.

Really... CDM did my tune too...

Not sure why he didn't go to Dtech, I suggested them but think he's heard good things about Lin. I spoke to workmate and he said Lin noticed a pipe leak - think its the Y-Pipe under intercooler, but a bit hard to pin point as he's not mechanically minded so not sure what / where it was... May explain the output.

Seems odd if there was an issue like that why bother tuning it till it was sorted? Esp if it was a boost leak but if it was the car wouldnt run nicely.

Im not trying to rubbish anyone I don't know **** about **** let alone tuning but it was effectively a base map with some weird **** going on and Im not going to name names or post up pics of anything before anyone asks.

140 atw is about 200 at the engine give or take, its on the low end of what youd expect from a stock 4wd turbo (more or less, lots of wiggle room with different dynos blah blah)

A WRX of that year are they flywheel 276 hp quoted or is it less?

For a "tuned" example I'd be pretty miffed unless it was only making a lot less beforehand OR if that is the sort of figures that dyno gives. End of the day if the number afterwards is more than the number beforehand at least he's gotten something out of it, just seems very low is all

It's to do with exhaust pulses, since the car fires 1-3-2-4 the twin scroll thing matches up 1 and 2 then 3 and 4 (I think?) so that the pulses reaching the turbo are in a more orderly fashion, if that makes sense. Think of steadily blowing on a windmill vs just randomly huffing at it I spose

Just a more efficient way of operating, it's why you see people make these massive big spaghetti manifolds to try and equalise the lengths of each runner

It does have a purpose besides wank value put it that way

Started the wire in process on the dash, even got the dash to power up. Pretty pleased everything works when ignition is on, though I have to wire in the brake lights which have been overlooked by the sparky.

Filled coolant reservoir and checked for leaks, all good which is encouraging. Started fabricating custom seat mounts front section down just need the rear rail finished, may be tricky though. Countdown is now well and truly on and can't wait.