Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

More... yesterday.

Gymkhana'd the s**t out of it. Was awesome. Many lolz.

Needs a tickle with the tune, getting there but still not entirely happy. More boost on launch would be good.

need to sort out the body roll... if i can get it to stay squarer in the corners perhaps i'll have a bit less understear

One of the local bus co bought a rosa thats nissan powered of all things. Came off an airport in jap had 10k on it or something ridiculuous registered in 2014 but 90's era. Had a random air filter in it didnt even show in donaldson toolbox even tho it was a donaldson filter. They ended up making one in japan which shows how odd it was as donaldson hardly ever comes out of jap.

yup there was a heap of these imported about 18 months ago,government owned in japan so never registered,until they were released for sale in 2014,so although built mid '90s they were not "first registered in japan"until 2014, there was alot of crap about them from the NZTA,but the importer went back to them saying that the rules were made by them and the buses were well within the rules :)

SpeedySub said:
Emptied out all the water from my rear tail light when opening up the boot/tailgate (not sure which one for a wagon). Tonight will be to fit my new strut brace that has arrived!! and see if I can seal up the leak.

STI strut brace installed. Took it out for a spin before and after installation. Felt alot better up front with it installed.

sobanoodle said:
Now get the rear brace - will be even better!

That is the plan. Im keeping an eye out for one now. As a N/A most of my fiddling will be with suspension.

(just saw one at Strongs, but have now run out of money!!! damn dog surgery taking all my money!!!)

Edited by SpeedySub

SpeedySub said:
That is the plan. Im keeping an eye out for one now. As a N/A most of my fiddling will be with suspension.

(just saw one at Strongs, but have now run out of money!!! damn dog surgery taking all my money!!!)

There's also one on TM with free shipping (which is probably about the same as if you get one from SS + shipping).

Cancel the above.....

Ended up going to Repco for a new battery as due to lack of use it was as flat as a pancake.......

Oh well never mine i had the same issues with my last scoob in the UK and did more batteries the miles driven......lol lol lol

Bur this time i have bought a trickle charger just to keep it topped up......

Driv out tonight instead......

;0;0

Timmah said:

I changed my fuel filter the other day.. forgot to take the gas cap off to relieve some pressure and got sprayed in the face with petrol. Oh well!

Gas cap wouldn't have helped. Best bet is to disconnect the fuel pump relay (or pull it's fuse, or leave the car immobilized) and crank it over to use up the residual pressure in the lines. They stay pressurised cause the fuel pump has a one way valve to hold pressure in the lines.

sobanoodle']Cheers! The one we were discussing previously - Canon 10-22.

I had a feeling it was. I'm keeping an eye on trademe for a second hand one, but then I bought some goodies for the car :(

[quote name='Koom said:

Gas cap wouldn't have helped. Best bet is to disconnect the fuel pump relay (or pull it's fuse, or leave the car immobilized) and crank it over to use up the residual pressure in the lines. They stay pressurised cause the fuel pump has a one way valve to hold pressure in the lines.

I'll try remember this.. but come 30k I'd have forgotten.

At the time I was more impressed that I was able to get the fuel lines off without help from someone with muscles.

Timmah said:
I had a feeling it was. I'm keeping an eye on trademe for a second hand one, but then I bought some goodies for the car :(

Sorry made a mistake, it's 10-18. Better keep an eye on Noel Leeming sales - closed auction search shows these are selling for $380+ used :\