Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

• Admin
 sobanoodle']Why? The front should be super easy.

Did you change the backing plates on yours? Everything apart from that is alright. Need to get the bearing part off the knuckle since the plate sits in between the two.

[quote name='hijacka said:

Oh no lol wack another hub on dude and keep going

Nothing particularily wrong with this hub. Got a spare one that i've already separated from the bearing part, just struggling to get the ball joint out and get the axle out of it too. followed rosssub's how to but the balljoint just won't come any further than about 5mm

Andy_Mac said:
Did you change the backing plates on yours? Everything apart from that is alright. Need to get the bearing part off the knuckle since the plate sits in between the two.

Front ones? No, why would I? :/

Spent some time doing rears, the fronts were the last to do and were easy as.

lachlan said:
mine has 220 k so i figured its burnt all the oil it needs to lol.

all of them are k24a . black "i vtec" on the plastic is 160 hp . only has cam phasing and lower comp . red "i v tec on the covers is 200 hp . real v tec as well as cam phasing . this is only the cheap model . actually keen to buy a 200 hp one one day

Black 160ps ones also have cam-switching but they only switch down to an economy cam instead of up to a performance cam.

K24A2 (red i-VTEC) is a very nice engine, also AFAIK much cheaper than certain Type R-sourced K20 variants so a fairly popular swap.

Back on topic:

Changed with Castrol Edge 5w-30 because the EJ253 doesn't seem to like ZIC XQFE 5w-30 very much. Also finally replaced the crush washer; I forgot if all EJs use the same drain plug and asked Winger Subaru, who says yes - order half dozen crush washers and voila, they don't fit. :mad:

Also did rear diff, CVT, and air filter. Couldn't do front diff (someone lost the T70 bit years ago and it was never replaced because the only use for one is to drain Subaru front diffs). Managed to find some blue coolant, too.

Just have to do accessory belts now, which I need to buy a stretch belt fitting tool for.

U8oqlkwl.jpg

Put a set of Prova springs in the car, I'd hazard it was the first time these bolts had been cracked since it left the factory cause GOOD GOD they took some encouragement

My team of helpers were quite useless, lack of thumbs may have played a part

DSC_0393_zpsdagdbrbi.jpg

Sits real nice now though, tyres level with the guard front and back, win

A bit meh. Rear and centre hangers are good. The bolt on hanger was on the piss for placement so havent used it. Gearbox mount is about an inch too short from the gearbox. Everything else is okay the kit came with an up pipe i havent used. Some of the way the pipe bends are I think a touch odd and looked a bit close to rear cv but once everything was all together it cleared it okay

• Admin

Threw myself in the deep end with this one but got there in the end. Just have to work out if there's any cabin adjustment for the handbrake since it's still pretty tight with the adjusters at the wheels wound the whole way in.

fr_2251_zpsuqabiyva.jpg

Edited by Andy_Mac

Andy_Mac said:
Threw myself in the deep end with this one but got there in the end. Just have to work out if there's any cabin adjustment for the handbrake since it's still pretty tight with the adjusters at the wheels wound the whole way in.

fr_2251_zpsuqabiyva.jpg

Dang that looks good