Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

• Admin
 Percy said:
I love my Shiver, has a Stratos cartridge in it, makes it less nose divey.

The best gnar steamer fork ever, point it where you want to go, and ignore everything in the way smaller than your head.:P

I've never ridden Monsters properly, only around a carpark... I was only a teenager and I could barely get the front of the bike up, they were so beastly.

I rode Shivers once in anger and it was one of the weirdest experiences I've ever had on a bike. Lets just say that inverted forks don't get the stiffness they need from a 20mm axle, holy **** it was like the entire front of the bike was made of rubber, the fork legs were basically independent. For the time they were so damn plush though.

Finished re-timing the cams on my RS. Been an ongoing job since Sunday and did the last triple checks tonight. Not the easiest when you've got this much space to play in;

DSC_0617_zps3eoqggys.jpg

Figured out (and rectified) the cause of them being up to 10 degrees out, so hoping for a bit more power next time it goes on the dyno :)

Need to set it up to take some ethanol before then though.

Koom said:
Finished re-timing the cams on my RS. Been an ongoing job since Sunday and did the last triple checks tonight. Not the easiest when you've got this much space to play in;

DSC_0617_zps3eoqggys.jpg

Figured out (and rectified) the cause of them being up to 10 degrees out, so hoping for a bit more power next time it goes on the dyno :)

Need to set it up to take some ethanol before then though.

You change the specs like we discussed moons ago?

evowrx said:
You change the specs like we discussed moons ago?

Yup. Current issue was that both exhaust pulleys were far too advanced!

Second hand adjustable pulleys had dints where the original owner had set them. After I originally installed them, they then moved themselves back to those original positions.

A bit of filling and new bolts/washers should sort it all out though.

Koom said:
Yup. Current issue was that both exhaust pulleys were far too advanced!

Second hand adjustable pulleys had dints where the original owner had set them. After I originally installed them, they then moved themselves back to those original positions.

A bit of filling and new bolts/washers should sort it all out though.

Well it was down on power good to see you finally got motivated to fix it lol. Keen to the difference.

evowrx said:
Well it was down on power good to see you finally got motivated to fix it lol. Keen to the difference.

1/2 motivation, 1/2 I can use my arm again after it was out of action for two months or so. Still gets in the way on done jobs...

• Admin

Did the passenger side rocker cover gasket, didn't use any sealant, just a nice fresh genuine gasket, sealed beautifully.

Threw some fresh 98 in it, took it for a WoF and Reg, then put 100kms on it stropping it around some windy roads on a beautiful sunny afternoon.

Definitely puts a smile on my face, having not driven it properly in almost 6 months.

Also the freshly rebuilt struts are glorious.

Well finally put the nolathane rear swaybar end link bushes in. Haha what a ****ing awkward job that was. Many grease was used. And took her for a stomp out to picton and back, found a little bit of road that made me get air. Very interesting experience haha.

Bike licence arrived in the mail, will get the new toy on wednesday

Got rear ended last weekend in my girlfriends Daihatsu Mira so been spending a bit of time putting that back together. The joys of being hit by an unaccompanied, uninsured learner driver while waiting at the lights.

Bumper flexed and came away with slight warping so bashed all the metal back into place behind it, sanded and filler primed the bumper ready for wet sanding and paint tomorrow.

We got pretty lucky considering the other guys car was potentially a write off.

evowrx said:
Shouldve said something ive been in whangas since last night...

Last moment deal fella, I was basically there to buy the car only but did get some calamari in the pub ( killer prawn ) . Car was at a gated area too, bit pointless though as they seem to tell everyone the code. Nice 5 hour round trip, shame it pissed down.

Guitar_Guy said:
Is it dark purple and from a guy called Andy by chance?

No mate, it's black,and from some company that delivers water, they are also selling a nice legacy too.