Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

loner said:
no logging... got to pay to unlock it. not noticed anything wonky with voltages though. will get injectors checked tomorrow.

****en motec... $300 to unlock 1mb of logging... $560 to unlock lamba control, though I don't know

if I could just log the lamba values without that enabled or not.

That's about the price of a second hand Link... Sounds like you need to get rid of the car! I take it things like compression are fine?

Munkvy said:
That's about the price of a second hand Link... Sounds like you need to get rid of the car! I take it things like compression are fine?

I'm in too deep to give up now... it goes like a wounded bull... just uses a **** load of oil in the process.

compression and leak down tests have good results.

Edited by loner

evowrx said:
10:1 is too rich no point in knowing if its running richer than that just lean up fuel till you can see it.

Can it not be legitimately that rich on high boost and high revs?

I can see if bringing it back to 11:1 stops the oil usage anyway.

Edited by loner

loner said:
Can it not be legitimately that rich on high boost and high revs?

I can see if bringing it back to 11:1 stops the oil usage anyway.

More like 11.5-12:1 from 14psi-. Some people think that adding fuel prevents knock but its a fallacy. It can cause false knock and ruins the efficency of the burn. Some stock subarus run crazy rich no idea why but see the results when you turn the boost up to 20psi and lean out the whole map to gain 30-40wkw.

evowrx said:
More like 11.5-12:1 from 14psi-. Some people think that adding fuel prevents knock but its a fallacy. It can cause false knock and ruins the efficency of the burn. Some stock subarus run crazy rich no idea why but see the results when you turn the boost up to 20psi and lean out the whole map to gain 30-40wkw.

Adding fuel reduces temperatures which will reduce the chance of knock...

Anyway I have the wideband installed and the fuelling is pretty bad. Around 12:1 at idle and to about 2500 rpm, it then goes leaner moving towards 3000 rpm peaking at 15:1 to 16:1... then starts going

rich again... the richest I've seen on boost so far is 10.4, but it might go richer with more than a short test.

Also needs better accel enrichment as it goes off the gauge lean when the accelerator is first pressed.

• Admin

Made some top brackets for the front mount so that all the weight is no longer solely on the bottom ones.

Also have this god awefull squeak In the rear end I can't seem to get to the bottom of. Have greased and checked all the swaybar items so know its not them. Greased the upper control arm bushes. Almost sounds like it could be coming further forward like the front rear trailing arm bush but it looks fine to me atleast. Starting to wonder if its the rear shock, seems to have started not long after installing the pink springs so instinct would point me towards something to do with the shock. Only happening on the one side too. So have convinced myself repacking the shock with grease is the way to go as word round other forums is they are under packed from factory anyway. That way i'll be able to rule out it being the shock and it looks like a pretty easy job to kill in an afternoon

evowrx said:
Not quite that simple. Pouring fuel into a car to try and reduce knock is daft.

But reducing fuel and not expecting knock is more daft... but hopefully going from low 10s to low 11s will be okay...

going from 10:1 to 12:1 without the ability to monitor knock is stupid.

94 Leone said:
bought possumlink and under mani intake, okay: parts will compile until my motorbike is with me so I can modify all at once, then get a tune. :D

Also, IAT and MAP sensor for afm delete tune right?

Here's the V5/6 possum link install:

http://reuben.xpjets.com/random/BH-Conversion/Possumlink-MY99Manual.pdf

Page 6 says it has 2 switchable MAP options, OEM or a 3 bar GM sensor. Probable that the link 3 bar MAP has the same voltages. No mention about an intake air temp sensor though.

There's some good info on the possum link in gotasuby's Ask your tuning questions here thread:

http://clubsub.org.nz/forum/search.php?searchid=508650

Post #123:

http://clubsub.org.nz/forum/showthread.php?42030-Ask-your-tuning-questions-here!&p=578810&highlight=possum#post578810

Edited by Rosssub

loner said:
But reducing fuel and not expecting knock is more daft... but hopefully going from low 10s to low 11s will be okay...

going from 10:1 to 12:1 without the ability to monitor knock is stupid.

Oh wouldnt recommend tuning without monitoring knock. But altering ignition timing is a damn sight smarter than altering fuel if youre knocking. Dumping fuel in to fight knock because youre running too much timing is the American way.

evowrx said:
Oh wouldnt recommend tuning without monitoring knock. But altering ignition timing is a damn sight smarter than altering fuel if youre knocking. Dumping fuel in to fight knock because youre running too much timing is the American way.

Sure but I'm not trying to actually tune as such.. just wanting to verify that my oil problem is caused by over fuelling before

spending a $1000 on a tune... because if the problem is not over fuelling the engine has to come out. I could take a few degrees

of timing out at the same time as taking the fuel out to be safe I guess.

Rosssub said:
Here's the V5/6 possum link install:

http://reuben.xpjets.com/random/BH-Conversion/Possumlink-MY99Manual.pdf

Page 6 says it has 2 switchable MAP options, OEM or a 3 bar GM sensor. Probable that the link 3 bar MAP has the same voltages. No mention about an intake air temp sensor though.

There's some good info on the possum link in gotasuby's Ask your tuning questions here thread:

http://clubsub.org.nz/forum/search.php?searchid=508650

Post #123:

http://clubsub.org.nz/forum/showthread.php?42030-Ask-your-tuning-questions-here!&p=578810&highlight=possum#post578810

No IAT on the Possumlink.

Also I wouldn't recommend going to the 3 bar MAP unless you really need to run a tonne of boost. i.e. Over 20psi.

As you end end up with very few rows in the cruise area of the tune and it's a pain to try to tune down low.

Koom said:
No IAT on the Possumlink.

Also I wouldn't recommend going to the 3 bar MAP unless you really need to run a tonne of boost. i.e. Over 20psi.

As you end end up with very few rows in the cruise area of the tune and it's a pain to try to tune down low.

What I am hearing is I can get the possum link tuned without the MAF sensor, with no extra sensors required, bar the factory ones?

Off to the body shop where the car has been for a month to see progress made, hopefully I like the rear this time, feeling apprehensive.