Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Attacked it with a grinder and then the welder. Pretty much rebuilt the up-pipe and downpipe so far. All to move the turbo 10mm (+ decrease the angle it's mounted on) and fix up a leaking wastegate. Might even make a decent heat shield for the brake and clutch masters this time round!

bought a serial link... and an el cheapo laptop off TM to make a tuning laptop. and learn how to do things.

I'll be happy at changing the tune so the car idles at a normal level. :P (not running Possumlink atm but did plug it in to test)

Removed the Japanese Dvd/Navunit and gutted it, put a stainless steel plate with a carbon fiber decal over top on the front with a boost gauge.

Also made a blank plate for where the remote sat next to the hand brake.

gauge2_zpsk50an2ln.jpg

Blank_zpsabph7s8u.jpg

Tune not quite done... there is a problem with wastegate creep so not tuned on high boost yet... but making around 260kw so far.

Oil is not been used according to them, but I won't believe that until I've seen it with my own eyes.

loner said:
Tune not quite done... there is a problem with wastegate creep so not tuned on high boost yet... but making around 260kw so far.

Oil is not been used according to them, but I won't believe that until I've seen it with my own eyes.

Whats low boost 14psi?

• Admin

Made a bit of a mess. But got the stuff out that needed to come out. Should have probably labelled where all the screws went back to a little better, reassembly should be fun.

085B91EA-B3ED-4467-8017-B51EB2448F0A_zps

Pile of crap not making its way back in, still more to come out too.

015325AA-A1D2-4AE3-98E9-F571BF499657_zps

And these getting the guts cut out of them.

BC7D646C-C8B7-4284-9223-B7E03E7BBA9A_zps

Johnnynz said:
I need to pay closer attention, I didn't realize you had gone that serious Loren. Thought you were staying in VF land, really stoked for you :D

Thanks...and yes I was going to stay with a standard setup, but that all changed a year ago to the day when my car was stolen, never to be seen again.

ok, so wastegate sorted... It wasn't plumbed in right. doh. It only has a 14 psi spring though and the motec boost control isn't working well. motec say a firmware update is required, but I don't have the

password to update it and they won't provide one :( So, STM have just chucked a boost tap on for now, and have it running at 22 psi and it's making 286 kw. It's a pretty conservative boost level and tune just

in case there is an oil problem. But that's heaps of power for me, and I can always go back and get the boost cranked up when the motec is sorted out.

loner said:
ok, so wastegate sorted... It wasn't plumbed in right. doh. It only has a 14 psi spring though and the motec boost control isn't working well. motec say a firmware update is required, but I don't have the

password to update it and they won't provide one :( So, STM have just chucked a boost tap on for now, and have it running at 22 psi and it's making 286 kw. It's a pretty conservative boost level and tune just

in case there is an oil problem. But that's heaps of power for me, and I can always go back and get the boost cranked up when the motec is sorted out.

Sounds good, I hope you don't still have a 5 speed as that won't last long doing motorsport I suspect!

But with that sort of power you should certainly be knocking on the top 5 minimum at all of our local events...!

Munkvy said:
Sounds good, I hope you don't still have a 5 speed as that won't last long doing motorsport I suspect!

But with that sort of power you should certainly be knocking on the top 5 minimum at all of our local events...!

yes still got the five speed, and the twat I bought it off put an earlier DCCD box on with the weaker case. So def need to be conservative with launches etc.

Munkvy said:
Try 2 months... I haven't ever had a motor last 5 years!!!

lols. I did think you were bull ****ting about 179kw but have analysed your Ararata Rd footage (compared it to my flat 2 minute run from last year)

and determined that you don't have a great deal of straight line speed but were carrying a lot of speed through the corners... so bravo :)