Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Sancho said:
I'm also new.. haha mine is a Laptop one also.

the issue you have there is all the MAP tables are absolute values, so always add 100kpa. so what you've done by dropping it to 110kpa = 0.10bar of boost. hahat. because atmosphere = 100kpa, so 100kpa of boost = 200kpa on the map sensor. the stock sensor maxes out at around 18psi anyway (manual says 18psi or there about) definately read the manual, it's good.

Possumlink can't use widebands at all, but my innovate has narrowband sim... but haven't worked it out as all it did was automagically make everything super rich... I also set my knock threshold value down to make it more sensitive, but i've heard that the knock control isn't very good on it as it detects things that it shouldnt. (getting it professionally tuned at some point)

http://pastebin.com/JPB3JViD

hmn, looking at that it "should" idle fine, have you tried increasing the fuel on the 250rpm area so when it drops idle it puts in more fuel, brings back up the idle? elsewise, it looks okay, mine was sitting at like 87 at the idle fuel area for 750rpm,

Yeah, I figured the pressure was doing something like that, just wasn't 100% at that time. My engine is almost at 200 thou, and I will put it over that this week :( so I wouldn't trust any more than 18PSi anyway haha.

I do plan on getting it professionally tuned aswell- Just need to have money...

Also today, went for a wof almost clean sheeted it except at some point, the bolt that held one of the endlink bushes on the swaybar snapped and the whole bushing and everything came out... so after buying a full whiteline kit (as it was all that was available at the time because I cant use a factory replacement as I don't have a press up here) to replace one bushing, got my wof.

Time for a couple of funerals this week :(

• Admin
 les666 said:
Finally got the angle sorted for the reverse camera on the rev d. Also sorted the tail door garnish leak and cleaned up the light sockets which were pretty corroded. I also did the McIntosh subwoofer hack https://jeremy.geek.nz/2010/04/19/subaru-legacy-mcintosh-subwoofer-hack/ and repaired the front passenger speaker.

How'd you get the reverse camera working? i've half considered putting one in mine. Tried connecting a single RCA cable to the yellow cable under the seat but nothing came up on the screen....

The yellow cable under your seat is probably from an old Nav system yeah? If so it probably won't switch over when you chuck it in reverse. Pull the Headunit and see if it has a camera input and the reverse switch wire. If it does it is super easy to wire in. Just tee in the power and switching directly to one of the reverse lamps and then run the rca and switch wire to the head unit.

• Admin
 les666 said:
The yellow cable under your seat is probably from an old Nav system yeah? If so it probably won't switch over when you chuck it in reverse. Pull the Headunit and see if it has a camera input and the reverse switch wire. If it does it is super easy to wire in. Just tee in the power and switching directly to one of the reverse lamps and then run the rca and switch wire to the head unit.

Cheers, i'll have a gander at some point

Raced it for the first time and broke the clutch... fork has come out of the release bearing or is broken or the release bearing is broken :(

Also it's still pouring out black smoke on boost and using mega oil so need to ring the tuners tomorrow as well :(

loner said:
Raced it for the first time and broke the clutch... fork has come out of the release bearing or is broken or the release bearing is broken :(

Also it's still pouring out black smoke on boost and using mega oil so need to ring the tuners tomorrow as well :(

Possibly broke gearbox where pin slides thro. Easy to tell just pull the fork pin out.

• Subscribed Member

That does look quite quick off the line!

evowrx said:
Possibly broke gearbox where pin slides thro. Easy to tell just pull the fork pin out.

Had exactly that happen to one of my Legacy's, we didn't realise that there was a cap to hold that in, and it worked itself out, and snapped the housing a little...

Over the weekend straightened all the TMIC fins and gave it a fresh coat of BLACK.

Today, picked up a new genuine rear main seal and kidney plate in preparation for this weekends clutch change.

Might as well replace it all while the gbox is off.

Guitar_Guy said:
Over the weekend straightened all the TMIC fins and gave it a fresh coat of BLACK.

Today, picked up a new genuine rear main seal and kidney plate in preparation for this weekends clutch change.

Might as well replace it all while the gbox is off.

Have you got a spare machined flywheel ready to go?