Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

• Admin
 Andy_Mac']You know if its finally solved the ABS issue yet?

Seems to have - also used one of the hubs I got from you, seems all good so thanks for that :)

[quote name='Nachoooo said:

+1 Haha. Interested to see the outcome too. I've seen another case where simply replacing the sensors was unsuccessful, 2005 3.0 outback, auto. Have you replaced the brake pedal switch yet?

It hasn't thrown the fault since. Fingers crossed... if it happens again I'm boned because the only thing left that it could be is the loom.

I didn't replace the switch but I completely stripped it (they actually come apart quite nicely) and checked it was all good.

loner said:
long block is now bare... will get the heads of tomorrow maybe and will measure the cam lift this time. Just from eyeballing

the camshaft movement they are around 280 degrees.

Hopefully your luck changes with this car and it finally starts to behave! On the plus side, you will be an expert engine builder at this rate!

Munkvy said:
Hopefully your luck changes with this car and it finally starts to behave! On the plus side, you will be an expert engine builder at this rate!

I hope so too! I'm not going to fix the short block though... will deliver it to Rick to split and repair. Hoping it will only need rings + hone + bearings.

Edited by loner

jsan083 said:
Its not a massive gap, but each to their own.

I for one, prefer my women with thigh gap.

Some do not.

Same goes for headlight gap I suppose, or tooth gap, or spark plug gap ;) .7mm all the way ;)

Shameless advertising- wanting a faster motorbike so should probably sell this one first

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1103489338&ed=true

Why are the fun things so expensive?

I used axxess aswc-1 also from amazon. Got instructions from their website but usdm config is totally different from jdm. After a bit of googling and research, tapped in the loom underneath steering column to find orange/white and violet/white wires. Tapped into them and got my steering wheel control done. Axxess was pretty amazing in auto detecting the car. Just a matter of finding the right wires for a jdm configuration really. And disconnecting that lan thing at the back of the fuse box on driver side.

Third time lucky... Replaced the cheap useless Redline alloy radiator (3rd one that's leaked on me) with an OEM radiator I sourced from Dansco, turns out it had a leak too! Dansco are useless and do not want to know about it, despite ensuring me it was in good condition... so decided to go brand new. Fitted it last night.

5555_1.jpg

All 3 Redline radiators leaked at the top and bottom of the side tanks, I'd strongly suggest an alternative brand / supplier.

image.jpg

Edited by scooby-wrx

$220 (including GST). Couldn't wait for a genuine one to arrive so purchased the alloy (with plastic side tanks) alternative from my local radiator supplier. Looks identical to factory Subaru one and fits perfectly. Came with a warranty, so really hope it lasts. I'll keep an eye on temp and check for leaks regularly for piece of mind, so far so good.

Its considerable lighter than the original Subaru one (assume because its alloy).

94 Leone said:
the Scarles alloy radiators fit pretty damn good and have had no issues in the time I've had it(since the first xmas with my STi)- so a note there if you're after a good low cost alt

Scarles and redline are the same rad.