Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

21 minutes ago, loner said:

I have heard it is expensive... And I can not get my brain around how it's supposed to work. Seems a bit like snake oil to me.

Guess it insulates it somehow. Definitely works. Couldnt justify expense tho think it was 300ish couple years ago when I looked at it.

• Admin

Some of you may remember how grotto my seats were from my last post back on page 746... 

Well, they're back and far out they look good now! 

Grant at Final touch spent quite a few hours getting this all done and he's done an absolutely amazing job. Could not recommend more.

He mentioned the doorcards, believe it or not, were by far the worst due to getting the most contact with hands etc. However I've forgotten to take photos of those so will tonight and upload some :)

LiFWFdY.jpg

HgJSt47.jpg

lLBCZld.jpg

QuTLYwf.jpg

• Like 3

On 12/12/2016 at 8:05 AM, Dairusire said:

Far out, thats a pretty awesome jump. Bet it feels like a muuuch more capable weapon. 

oh yeah so much more fun to drive now!

the radiator top went today on the motorway so parked at highbrook automotive gettting radiator fixed FML! guess it didnt completely overheat which is a bit of a relief.

On 12/12/2016 at 8:18 AM, RaKid said:

Is that with a link?

Nope still running the standard computer on the STI, just got a road tune done on it.

6 minutes ago, Dairusire said:

Some of you may remember how grotto my seats were from my last post back on page 746... 

Well, they're back and far out they look good now! 

Grant at Final touch spent quite a few hours getting this all done and he's done an absolutely amazing job. Could not recommend more.

He mentioned the doorcards, believe it or not, were by far the worst due to getting the most contact with hands etc. However I've forgotten to take photos of those so will tonight and upload some :)

LiFWFdY.jpg

HgJSt47.jpg

lLBCZld.jpg

QuTLYwf.jpg

WHOA !!!! they look brand new!

• Like 1

• Admin
4 hours ago, 4G63B8 said:

oh yeah so much more fun to drive now!

haha I bet it is ! I'm chewing at the bit to try get my car done for tuning to get done :D

the radiator top went today on the motorway so parked at highbrook automotive gettting radiator fixed FML! guess it didnt completely overheat which is a bit of a relief.

Oh bugger! Not confident in just replacing the rad yourself though? Bet it is a relief that it didn't cook the motor. That'd have scared the crap outta me.

WHOA !!!! they look brand new!

I know right?! I'm absolutely amazed at how well they came out.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dairusire said:

haha I bet it is ! I'm chewing at the bit to try get my car done for tuning to get done :D

Oh bugger! Not confident in just replacing the rad yourself though? Bet it is a relief that it didn't cook the motor. That'd have scared the crap outta me.

I know right?! I'm absolutely amazed at how well they came out.

They look mint Drew. Got a before pic?

• Admin
2 minutes ago, RaKid said:

What was the clean worth? I'm tossing up between sending my seats away and buying a wet vac

For the level of work done, mid $500+

Reason why I had my seats done was because I wanted to keep original seats.

Just a note, he did spend a heck of a lot of time on them, because admittedly, they were filthy. Also did door cards and floor mats. So no small task.

Edited by Dairusire

Sneaky shop at supercheap and trademe today

Get some fresh spark plugs, old ones are F***ing old as F***

Ordered new Ver3 NGK HT leads and new Ver3 Coil pack (holy faaark coils are expensive new) but wanted to know I was getting a fresh one

Walbro gss324 500hp fuel pump in transit,

hope it all arrives before friday so i cant finally have a boost on the weekend ^_^

2r7x01l.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, THUNDA said:

Sneaky shop at supercheap and trademe today

Get some fresh spark plugs, old ones are F***ing old as F***

Ordered new Ver3 NGK HT leads and new Ver3 Coil pack (holy faaark coils are expensive new) but wanted to know I was getting a fresh one

Walbro gss324 500hp fuel pump in transit,

hope it all arrives before friday so i cant finally have a boost on the weekend ^_^

2r7x01l.jpg

Any reason why you went with Bosch instead of NGK?

Just now, boyracer693 said:

Any reason why you went with Bosch instead of NGK?

Nope, Asked for the correct set of plugs for my car, they types in my engine details and computer said this, was expecting around $100 for 4, after trade discount think it was about 80

Am just trying to rule out my ignition system as the cause for my loss of power, so going new is the main thing, NGK probably has some extra S***, as its more expensive

3 minutes ago, evowrx said:

Used to be a big price difference between the two.

Ahh yeah haha

I used bosch in my 1.5 impreza. Wasn't too bad but i have always used NGK in my WRX. How do you find the Bosch plugs in your car?

4 minutes ago, THUNDA said:

Nope, Asked for the correct set of plugs for my car, they types in my engine details and computer said this, was expecting around $100 for 4, after trade discount think it was about 80

Am just trying to rule out my ignition system as the cause for my loss of power, so going new is the main thing, NGK probably has some extra S***, as its more expensive

Which Supercheap did you go to?

Yeah i was having a weird issue like that. Changed the plugs and i was good as new.

2 minutes ago, boyracer693 said:

Ahh yeah haha

I used bosch in my 1.5 impreza. Wasn't too bad but i have always used NGK in my WRX. How do you find the Bosch plugs in your car?

Which Supercheap did you go to?

Yeah i was having a weird issue like that. Changed the plugs and i was good as new.

New plugs are in but I left engine bay in bits untill other parts arrive, I dont drive it much.

Super Cheap in... Kelston 

My RS has alot of 2nd hand parts on it from various WRXs so still keeping with the wrx wasted spark coil setup but getting brand new S***

8 minutes ago, boyracer693 said:

Ahh yeah makes sense then. 

Not a bad store! If you go in there often ask them to bump up your trade card and you will get a better discount. 

New stuff is always awesome aye

Are you able to do a trade price in Auckland somehow? :) Wanting to replace my spark plugs too...

14 minutes ago, sobanoodle said:

Are you able to do a trade price in Auckland somehow? :) Wanting to replace my spark plugs too...

Just buy em off partsouq or ebay. Just ask for trade at Autostop theyre cheaper than the Supercheap/Partmaster/Repco trade card bullshit deals. Getting 30% off something means nothing when the pricing structures are ramped up the way they are. Id rather pay $60 less 10% than $100 less 30%. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sobanoodle said:

Can do very easily. Just talk to your local store and they can suss em out for you

2 minutes ago, evowrx said:

Just buy em off partsouq or ebay. Just ask for trade at Autostop theyre cheaper than the Supercheap/Partmaster/Repco trade card bullshit deals. Getting 30% off something means nothing when the pricing structures are ramped up the way they are. Id rather pay $60 less 10% than $100 less 30%. 

+1 on this point also. Regardless if i work at Supercheap or not. Although we can be cheaper than repco at times. You definitely can't beat Autostop, ASL and places like those. Our prices are marked up quite high. 

• Like 1

Just now, evowrx said:

Agree with that, always shop around anyway. What plugs would you recommend for EJ255?

NGK: SILFR6B8 is in service manual.

BTW, went to Autostop for the brake rotors as you'd suggested - apparently they don't stock DBA anymore, too expensive and no one buys them :D 

3 minutes ago, sobanoodle said:

Agree with that, always shop around anyway. What plugs would you recommend for EJ255?

NGK: SILFR6B8 is in service manual.

BTW, went to Autostop for the brake rotors as you'd suggested - apparently they don't stock DBA anymore, too expensive and no one buys them :D 

NGK Recommends using the ILFR6B. Platinum Plug so will be a bit pricey. 

For rotors go to BNT man! Their prices are awesome when it comes to brakes

• Like 2