Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

2 hours ago, pedro said:

I was going to use version 7 rods ..But..

During my research into rods I came across an article from an engine builder that stated that the version 9 rods are the strongest..

Evolution I guess..

12100AA181  $43 us each from Partsourq..

Wasnt V8 where the small end taper came into play? Debatable as to weakness as Id guess it bears little load but is a difference.

9 hours ago, boyracer693 said:

Changed my oil cooler O ring....What a bastard of a job that was! 

Had trouble removing the hose off the cooler cause it was so damn tight. got it off finally after some cussing and head scratching. Looks pretty knackered. Took this photo just after i cleaned the cooler. 

OilCooler_zps6x3fuypy.jpg

Oil heater..

1 hour ago, pedro said:

Oil heater..

It does both :)

It heats up the oil during the first minutes and it cools it down when you drive the car hard. They install it for cooling purposes though

Edited by delta
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, delta said:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/14148-diy-headlight-lens-restoration.html

Just so you know before you get started : that's an exhausting job if you don't have a machine buffer

Got a supermarket voucher from PaknSave Albany, had a company doing headlight cleaning for $69 each .. that seems cheap from others I've seen.  My drivers is mint but the passenger is not (guessing replaced from an older year). 

Edited by killervq30de

50 minutes ago, killervq30de said:

Got a supermarket voucher from PaknSave Albany, had a company doing headlight cleaning for $69 each .. that seems cheap from others I've seen.  My drivers is mint but the passenger is not (guessing replaced from an older year). 

I had mine done from one of those vouchers. Did a good job and still looks good a year on. Had my tail lights tinted at the same time. Company called Renewcar. Its basically a wet sand, polish and then a UV protection clearcoat to stop it from going yellow again.

I got some Eibach lowering springs for the WRX recently, so had to get an alignment here in Christchurch. When I get home and look at the sheet I see that they've used the specs for the 11+ rather than the 15+, and unless I'm confused, it looks to me like they've made the alignment *worse* rather than better, with toe closer to zero beforehand, and the -1 degrees camber I would be looking for being even higher.

alignment.jpg

2 minutes ago, Batbaruman said:

ooh welcome to club impreza :)

:D:D:D

v1 engine in the rs so could be considered fair game? ima start posting pics in the imprezza thread LOL jk:P:P

Looks F***in sick now though with the grille being newly painted

photo_10.jpg

• Like 2

Changed my driver window outer weather strip.

The old one was really hard and scratching the window + awful noise at the same time.

DSC_0030.jpg

Old one pressed: (need to cut my fingernails ...)

DSC_0031.jpg

New one pressed:

DSC_0032.jpg

That was the last little thing I had to fix, everything is working exactly like it should now B|

Well, Exhaust done. Glorious she is!
16831156_10208179316709577_2209496619125

Sounds bloody good! Almost a straight pipe lol.

I think there are 3 or four bends total, one resonator and a muffler at the end.
I tells ya, brings out the proper goodness sound of twin scroll.
Do approve of RAGE system if you have access to a welder and all that goodness
16997112_10208178864778279_869536579_n.j

They provided the parts but, this wee 340mm gap between midpipe and downpipe;
They also provide a bullet resonator you could put in there if you want, they actually gave me enough pipe I could make both.
But only flanges for one.

Sounds glorious though.

Edit: Also I needed to drill out the holes for the front and rear O2 sensor, not sure if they all come like that, but fitment is mint otherwise.

• Like 4