Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Removed fake prodrive light covers (bugeye ones), cleaned the interior and a bit of the engine bay, gave it a service Washed car, got new window wipers and making plans to modify the grill to make it look mad!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boon said:

Uhoh.....

haha, Dont worry. Just removing the mesh and making it look more like the prodrive one (but a bit different), I wont ruin it! xD 

Edited by Subru

• Admin
11 hours ago, Conducks said:

After installing the K&N intake I decided to take the vacuum hose off of my blowoff valve and then seal the hose off. This was the result

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

facepalm.jpg

You should take the hose off your wastegate actuator while you're at it.

• Like 8

• Admin
1 hour ago, Conducks said:

I'm sure the spring wouldn't be strong enough to hold the gate closed

For science, go do a 200+kph pull on your "private road" and let us know if it does.

• Like 4

Found out why my 2nd gear went boom at the track day on Wednesday. After reviewing the Gopro footage from inside the car and looking at the data logs from the Link ECU it shows when my mate was driving it, He downshifted to second at about 110kmphr, released the clutch with out rev matching and it was all over!

Looks like will have to rethink about this shared driving stuff.....

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Kiwiflyboy said:

After reviewing the Gopro footage from inside the car and looking at the data logs from the Link ECU it shows when my mate was driving it, He downshifted to second at about 110kmphr, released the clutch with out rev matching and it was all over!

Share the clip? Not sure if I want to hear the sound it made or not...

1 minute ago, Kiwiflyboy said:

Will put it up in the next few days, It sounds NASTY as you hear the metal go through the rest of the box!

:eek:

Edit: At least it was the gearbox and not the pistons/rods flying through the block at 10,000rpm

• Like 2

Will put it up in the next few days, It sounds NASTY as you hear the metal go through the rest of the box!

I was at top of 4th gear about 180kmh and went to shift to 5th, got 3rd. No issues yet

yeah, finally changed the thermostat, woohoo car gets to temp now.
Decided to also power up the defi controller and gauges I have.
Turns out I bought an N/A manifold pressure gauge(mixed problems of facebook deals and BF gauges) LOL max reading 0.2 Bar
Water temp gauge works well though.
So; I have a Defi manifold pressure gauge F/S haha

• Like 1

• General Member
5 hours ago, Conducks said:

I was at top of 4th gear about 180kmh and went to shift to 5th, got 3rd. No issues yet emoji23.png

Listen close at about 2.29 and you can hear me grab third from the top of fourth... whoops.

• Like 3

Hit a cyclist with it!

Luckily there were no major injuries, just some bruises. Hi bike has a buckled back wheel. 

Was at a roundabout and pulled out but did see the cyclist and knocked his back wheel.

Has left me very shaken, as I* know the feeling of being knocked of a bike.

Please make sure you check and double check at intersections as I was lucky that this was not worse.  

• Like 4

On 5/14/2017 at 3:13 PM, McMatty said:

Installed v7/8 wrx seats, now just need to find some whiteline gear
78c3d4b5ee997bf2c7feabf95fcf3cac.jpg

EDITED by Dairusire: Because the formatting was driving me nuts lol

Yea the Tapatalk formats weirdly sometimes

• Admin
18 hours ago, Kiwiflyboy said:

Found out why my 2nd gear went boom at the track day on Wednesday. After reviewing the Gopro footage from inside the car and looking at the data logs from the Link ECU it shows when my mate was driving it, He downshifted to second at about 110kmphr, released the clutch with out rev matching and it was all over!

Looks like will have to rethink about this shared driving stuff.....

That sucks man... If it were me I'd be saying "that's your problem buddy" and having them fix the gearbox xD All my mates know if you drive the car and you break it, you fix it haha 

Hope he helps out with it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dairusire said:

That sucks man... If it were me I'd be saying "that's your problem buddy" and having them fix the gearbox xD All my mates know if you drive the car and you break it, you fix it haha 

Hope he helps out with it

Am I... Am I assembling the new motor then?

• Admin
5 minutes ago, 94 Leone said:

Am I... Am I assembling the new motor then?

LOL I don't want die grinded cam journals thanks xD (for others, it's an inside joke)

Nah it wasn't your fault though bud. If you were to have been at fault, down shifted and sent a piston through the block, heck yeah you'd be stumping up a new motor, but yeah.

• Like 1