Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

That sucks man... If it were me I'd be saying "that's your problem buddy" and having them fix the gearbox  All my mates know if you drive the car and you break it, you fix it haha 

Hope he helps out with it

Yeah he good mate and helping out with it. Feels bad he was having an off day and just unlucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, SpeedySub said:

Hit a cyclist with it!

Luckily there were no major injuries, just some bruises. Hi bike has a buckled back wheel. 

Was at a roundabout and pulled out but did see the cyclist and knocked his back wheel.

Has left me very shaken, as I* know the feeling of being knocked of a bike.

Please make sure you check and double check at intersections as I was lucky that this was not worse.  

Just heard back. 

Needs new rim and axle $255 all up. Not bad, happy to pay this to get him sorted, will be back on the road tomorrow (i might take a different way in to avoid him:$)

Have to show him not all Subaru drivers are dicks!

Edited by SpeedySub
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Dairusire said:

LOL I don't want die grinded cam journals thanks xD (for others, it's an inside joke)

Nah it wasn't your fault though bud. If you were to have been at fault, down shifted and sent a piston through the block, heck yeah you'd be stumping up a new motor, but yeah.

Pfft, I'll weld up your piston and Dye grind the bore mate. Just use a bench grinder to make the piston flat again ;) she'll be good as new in no time!

• Admin
1 hour ago, 94 Leone said:

Pfft, I'll weld up your piston and Dye grind the bore mate. Just use a bench grinder to make the piston flat again ;) she'll be good as new in no time!

Put the piston in a drill press and hold a file against it to make it round.

And you flatten them with a belt sander not a bench grinder, ya bloody amateur.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, boon said:

Don't forget the leather big ends...

Edited by pedro

6 hours ago, boon said:

Nah, take the guard off the side of the bench grinder, use the flat surface; Not everyone has a belt sander you know- and the orbital sander just doesn't spin fast enough!

• Like 1

Trusty legacy that i havent had to spend any money on in nearly 3 years of ownership besides gas and insurance failed WOF today. both front LCA rear bushings are torn. Also due for service so guess its time to throw some money at it. Right when im trying to sell it...

• Like 1

haha no, im selling it anyway so i can buy a wagon. Performance mods on a 3L auto sedan that ive done 10000kms in 3 years is a bit pointless :P The wagon will just replace it as a tow hack for the fun car/long distance cruiser.

Though the antilift kit i put in my old sti was nice.

15 minutes ago, Kiwi_Fozze said:

@AdamOst anti lift kiiiiiit ;-)

Tuner is happy with the car, told to run it for 200mi and relog, to see what the self learning has adjusted.

I guess you get what you pay for *shrugs*

I know what I need to be doing, remote tunes. Good way to make a couple of bux. -_-

Why aren't you doing it yourself already? 

• Like 2

• Admin
6 hours ago, AdamOst said:

Trusty legacy that i havent had to spend any money on in nearly 3 years of ownership besides gas and insurance failed WOF today. both front LCA rear bushings are torn. Also due for service so guess its time to throw some money at it. Right when im trying to sell it...

BL/BP?

• Admin

I know virtually all of the partially voided bushes on mine are toast. Stupid design but had its purpose I guess.

Thinking about going for the Hardrace hardened rubber press in ones as opposed to poly ones that'll need periodic greasing.

• Admin

Pretty steep considering you can get the standard bushes from partsouq for 15 odd bucks each. Sure a typical machine shop wouldn't have an issue pressing them out and new ones in and wouldn't charge anywhere near that much

9 hours ago, Andy_Mac said:

Pretty steep considering you can get the standard bushes from partsouq for 15 odd bucks each. Sure a typical machine shop wouldn't have an issue pressing them out and new ones in and wouldn't charge anywhere near that much

OR, build your own press out of a bottle jack and whatever is lying around the shed 

Well, more this weekend, but:

Removed sump. Installed pbms baffled sump.

Hooked up a smoke tester

Removed, repaired and reinstalled up pipe (jeeeesus what a prick of a job)

Drove it, it made a horrible whistle on boost 

Found leaky downpipe, fixed that too.

Found icv gasket blown out, fixed that too. Tightened up all intake clamps, no leaks, mean. 

Got under the car, found leaking gasket between header and up pipe, fixed that, took it for a test drive 

Hoooooooly craaaaaap, what a different car. So much more responsive, it sounds better, drives better, very happy 

Fueling is up the creak because of the leaks in the up pipe, hope to get that sorted this week. 

Things left to sort....

Cambelt

Brake caliper

Brake pads

Brake rotors

Front sway bar

Alignment

Track time

• Like 4