Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

1 hour ago, Kiwi_Fozze said:

Well, more this weekend, but:

Removed sump. Installed pbms baffled sump.

Hooked up a smoke tester

Removed, repaired and reinstalled up pipe (jeeeesus what a prick of a job)

Drove it, it made a horrible whistle on boost 

Found leaky downpipe, fixed that too.

Found icv gasket blown out, fixed that too. Tightened up all intake clamps, no leaks, mean. 

Got under the car, found leaking gasket between header and up pipe, fixed that, took it for a test drive 

Hoooooooly craaaaaap, what a different car. So much more responsive, it sounds better, drives better, very happy 

Fueling is up the creak because of the leaks in the up pipe, hope to get that sorted this week. 

Things left to sort....

Cambelt

Brake caliper

Brake pads

Brake rotors

Front sway bar

Alignment

Track time

Jeez looks like you guys got a whole heap done after I left!

7 hours ago, Kiwi_Fozze said:

There was a lot done yesterday, basically sump and up pipe hole fix was Saturday then finding all the leaks was today. It drives a lot better now though

you saying you've spent about 6 months in a leaky boat? 

• Like 2

On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 5:16 PM, Kiwiflyboy said:

Will put it up in the next few days, It sounds NASTY as you hear the metal go through the rest of the box!

Right managed to put up the videos form the track day including the gear box being killed 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, G B said:

Nice. I know where the pic was taken :)

hmmmm, where is their currently a circus in AKL? I know there is/was one In Avondale but that looks like a nice mall carpark so definitely isn't Avondale, haha.

• Admin
On 5/31/2017 at 6:51 PM, ilikethetuna said:

Gave her a thorough exterior clean, did the old hogzaust (mainly as a test to see if I can stand a louder exhaust) and joined the forum! 1fe93117cf3eb3c37c9075c45efbe19a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

How's the hogzaust sound? Don't think i've heard any audio clips of someone trying it with a twinscroll equal length header setup

Actually bought something for it, it's receiving a 5 puck h/d exedy clutch once I get the motivation to install it 

Taking a leaf from @boon's book and saying you know what F***it why not have something a little antisocial in what it realistically a toy car for me 

• Like 4

hmmmm, where is their currently a circus in AKL? I know there is/was one In Avondale but that looks like a nice mall carpark so definitely isn't Avondale, haha.

Haha not Avondale, this would be Northwest top floor carpark. Almost always empty in the evening time so perfect for photos!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Admin

Well the remote battery worked sweet. But in typical fashion the low speed clunks have returned with a vengance so gonna spend he nice sunny queens birthday sunday pulling things apart to work out where the heck it's coming from. 

New front inner CV boots are definately on the menu along with a heap of new OEM bushes which should be turning up from partsouq next week. Figure for what they cost I might as well just do the majority of them with OEM ones, anything should be better than the 130k km old current ones

• Like 1

Added an extra horn to my car last week - pretty loud now lol 

new: Stebel Nautilus Compact 

20170522_181350_zps7z8l1hib.jpg

Made a small mounting bracket 

20170522_181524_zps8ksdu2vo.jpg

Next was to remove front bumper to access the OEM horns (was way easier than I thought it would be)

20170522_191254_zpsyvv2xsrr.jpg

20170522_191304_zps9fign9y5.jpg

I made a fool proof wiring diagram for myself 

Horns_zpsbjqfzqxx.png

Mounted to passenger strut tower through an existing empty threaded hole

20170527_185120_zpslvugyrfs.jpg

Also upgraded the horns on my mates hilux - got rid of the shitty Toyota diaphragm horns and installed a set of Subaru BL BP horns and a Stebel Nautilus Compact 

20170527_152142_zpstgfei1a5.jpg

Subi horns mounted on the toyota brackets 

20170527_152153_zpsllsrnuyl.jpg

His are louder as they both point straight out the grill - mine are hidden behind the bumper and in the engine bay 

Very short vid of the shitty toyota horns vs the subi horns in conj with the stebel natuilus horn

• Like 2